Three positives from the Barnsley game ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Three positives from the Barnsley game ?

Post by 1964white »

Your three positives ?
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: Three positives from the Barnsley game ?

Post by Ratscoot »

We won
We scored two goals
We beat By Heck’s team sorry I meant By Hecks team beat Barnsley
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

We won...that's it really, though of course winning is the aim of the game, so it's a big 'it'.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Pearce
BPF
O'Conner
Roofe
Forshaw back
Even out of form Hernandez is a pro
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
hector

Post by hector »

faaip wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:54 am Pearce
BPF
O'Conner
Roofe
Forshaw back
Even out of form Hernandez is a pro
Ditto.....

And.. we won
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Pearce, Peacock-Farrell, O'Connor, Roofe
Forshaw back
We won
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

We won
BPF
Forshaw back
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1) There is a team worse than us
2) I couldn't get a stream to watch it so didn't have to watch a god awful game between a mediocre team and a team that is heading towards the same level of mediocrity
3) The performance was so poor that it should not have given anyone reason to seriously believe PH should be the manager next season.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

We won
Barnsley didnt take there chances
Seasons nearly over.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
gessa

Post by gessa »

weasel wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:53 pm
2) I couldn't get a stream to watch it so didn't have to watch a god awful game between a mediocre team and a team that is heading towards the same level of mediocrity
3) The performance was so poor that it should not have given anyone reason to seriously believe PH should be the manager next season.
How would you know the performance was so poor if you didn't watch it?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:53 pm 1) There is a team worse than us
You cannot say 3 while admitting to 2.

I thought we played well in patches, enjoyed the game as always and there were a number of encouraging plus points ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Taken from the comments on here - even those with the rose tinted spectacles are hardly over enthused with the performance. I watched the highlights, which admittedly aren't necessarily a true reflection of the game, and they showed Barnsley looking as likely as us to take the points from chances created.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:53 pm 1) There is a team worse than us
Once again you blame the coach, we can't even have a positive topic without you dragging it down.....jeez give me strength !

Who put this frigging squad together ?

Alioski & Ekuban almost tripped up ar*e over tit by stepping on the ball as they tried to control it (twice each)

Alioski ran the ball into touch as mis-controlled a simple pass to him

Ekuban ran around like a headless chicken again

Pennington & Alioski collided for the same ball when it was easier to clear which cost us on the first goal

Saiz was too busy spitting his dummy out

Our attacking players created very little apart from the goals in an open game with oceans of space

Phillips spent too much time fiddling about with his new haircut

Worst set of players I've witnessed at ER in decades
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:40 pm Taken from the comments on here - even those with the rose tinted spectacles are hardly over enthused with the performance. I watched the highlights, which admittedly aren't necessarily a true reflection of the game, and they showed Barnsley looking as likely as us to take the points from chances created.
90% of the forum is anti Heck...or at best ambivalent...it colours posts
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

weasel wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:40 pm Taken from the comments on here - even those with the rose tinted spectacles are hardly over enthused with the performance. I watched the highlights, which admittedly aren't necessarily a true reflection of the game, and they showed Barnsley looking as likely as us to take the points from chances created.
I would say it was like a poor Christiansen performance. As everyone but Heckingbottom seems to know, 4-2-3-1 with Alioski, Saiz and Hernandez as the 3 in behind suits us best. Our most dangerous players got into dangerous positions and that was enough to make the difference against a struggling team.

Barnsley looked better than when we played them at Oakwell. I wonder what's changed.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:51 pm How would you know the performance was so poor if you didn't watch it?
I'm so glad you & Faaip have said that :clap:

I almost mentioned it but I'd have been accused of a fan above my station :roll:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clive wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:44 pm I would say it was like a poor Christiansen performance. As everyone but Heckingbottom seems to know, 4-2-3-1 with Alioski, Saiz and Hernandez as the 3 in behind suits us best. Our most dangerous players got into dangerous positions and that was enough to make the difference against a struggling team.

Barnsley looked better than when we played them at Oakwell. I wonder what's changed.
I tell you what has changed

Alioski, Saiz & Ekuban have all been found out in the championship, all three shone that day, they haven't been that good since the 25th November 2017

Barnsley are still just as poor & are likely to be relegated.

Ironically enough the tykes were never in the bottom three under Hecky
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:53 pm I tell you what has changed

Alioski, Saiz & Ekuban have all been found out in the championship, all three shone that day, they have been that good since the 25th November 2017

Barnsley are still just as poor & are likely to be relegated.

Ironically enough the tykes were never in the bottom three under Hecky
Are you Heckingbottom's dad or something?
gessa

Post by gessa »

I thought this thread was about positives.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Clive wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:44 pm I would say it was like a poor Christiansen performance. As everyone but Heckingbottom seems to know, 4-2-3-1 with Alioski, Saiz and Hernandez as the 3 in behind suits us best. Our most dangerous players got into dangerous positions and that was enough to make the difference against a struggling team.

Go watch it again...they really didn't. At best you could say it was about the same