Why are the fans rather patient?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Why are the fans rather patient?

Post by fred »

The fans (at the games) seem to be rather patient in regard to Heckingbottom concidering the results/performances.
Why? Is it because they believe Radz/Orta are the real `culprits`?

In my eyes Heckingbottom has been `lured` into a a situation he underestimated big time.
Time Radz/Orta take full responsibility if they sack Heck. But what could they say, without losing their face?
A dilemma that may make it impossible for them to sack Heckingbottom in their eyes.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Why are the fans rather patient?

Post by The Subhuman »

I think there are way too many conspiracy theories and massaging of statistics. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

They've been conditioned to accept mediocrity.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clive wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:05 pm They've been conditioned to accept mediocrity.
That is probably true :tup:

We also recognise the problems are much deeper than just the coach, they see our players every game hence the song "we're might be sh*t but we still love Leeds"

I can't remember Christiansen getting too much stick from the terraces if any, Hecky has had none so far !
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

fred wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:47 pm The fans (at the games) seem to be rather patient in regard to Heckingbottom concidering the results/performances.
Why? Is it because they believe Radz/Orta are the real `culprits`?

In my eyes Heckingbottom has been `lured` into a a situation he underestimated big time.
Time Radz/Orta take full responsibility if they sack Heck. But what could they say, without losing their face?
A dilemma that may make it impossible for them to sack Heckingbottom in their eyes.

I think that’s the only thing keeping Heck in a job at the moment.
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

No-one can make a silk purse out of a sows ear and I think that's the hand been given to PH. If this was a squad he picked it would be completely different! We will probably have to wait until the end of the season to find out what Radz's next plan of action is. Hopefully it will be without Orta, as rumoured on another thread.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

MightyWhites wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:22 am No-one can make a silk purse out of a sows ear and I think that's the hand been given to PH. If this was a squad he picked it would be completely different! We will probably have to wait until the end of the season to find out what Radz's next plan of action is. Hopefully it will be without Orta, as rumoured on another thread.
True TC couldn't buy a win in his dismal last seven games, after going though one rut during the autumn. Hecky came in & is having the same problems which says it all !

The squad of players are clearly not good enough, I seen enough of them week in week out, nearly every team in the championship have better players than we have in vital areas.

Hernandez & Pontus have improved under Hecky & the young players BPF, O'Connor & Pearce have certainly made a significant impact. Questions have to be asked about the rest, you can't win matches when three or four players turn up & the rest sit on their laurels enjoying their lucrative four year contracts !
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:33 am [/b]

I think that’s the only thing keeping Heck in a job at the moment.
Yeah, makes it difficult for the men in charge.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

faaip wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:53 pm I think there are way too many conspiracy theories and massaging of statistics. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar
Conspiracy theorie?
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Clive wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:05 pm They've been conditioned to accept mediocrity.
Yeah, a bunch of brainwashed iditos. (Your words...)
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

/ why are some of the fans rather impatient?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

It was a general observation not aimed at your post in particular Fred . We're just having a bad season after a good season, happens. Too many misleading statistics getting offered up as empirical evidence on this forum. Too many opinions getting offered up as fact hence the conspiracy theory bit

It's become a chore to post and no longer as enjoyable as it was when you could swap opinions with respect
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm not anti Heck
I'm not anti Rads
I'm not anti Orta

I wasn't anti TC
I didn't mind he got fired, was probably the right call.
I won't mind when Heck gets fired if he does
I won't mind if he's here next season

He nor anybody else at Leeds is embarrassing me at all.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

faaip wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:53 am I'm not anti Heck
I'm not anti Rads
I'm not anti Orta

I wasn't anti TC
I didn't mind he got fired, was probably the right call.
I won't mind when Heck gets fired if he does
I won't mind if he's here next season

He nor anybody else at Leeds is embarrassing me at all.
So you basically accept every decision made by the club?