Ayling Out?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Ayling Out?

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Not sure how this one started but saw it a few times on the news feed this morning. Phil Hay (Yorkshire Evening Post) even mentioned it briefly. I can see that we have a few right backs with Coyle coming back and Berardi. Yiadom from Barnsley has been heavily mentioned too, although I'd picture him as a LB/RB back up. But I think Ayling offers so much more. He's the best full back at the club an even better than that offers coverage at center back. Personally I'd forget Yiadom with Ayling/Coyle on the right and DeBock/Berardi/Pearce on the left. Keep what we have and don't make a change. Thoughts?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Ayling Out?

Post by HarryofOz »

Ayling is a good right back. Not bad but not outstanding.

He is not one of the players I would rather see leave us, but nor would I say he was a must-keep. But of course the main issue is, if he does go, then his replacement must be better than him.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

HarryofOz wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:24 pm Ayling is a good right back. Not bad but not outstanding.

He is not one of the players I would rather see leave us, but nor would I say he was a must-keep. But of course the main issue is, if he does go, then his replacement must be better than him.
Ditto :)
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

We have missed Ayling
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:14 am We have missed Ayling
As opposed to him being missing during many of his matches before his injury??
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:38 am As opposed to him being missing during many of his matches before his injury??
I know Hector but what he does give us outweighs his defensive frialties

Ayling & Coyle back will be a big plus next season
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

I think Ayling was one of our most consistent performers before his injury and always looked decent when I saw him. Given our defensive form since his injury, he clearly had a role in organising the back four.

I'd lose Berardi over him tbh.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:44 am I think Ayling was one of our most consistent performers before his injury and always looked decent when I saw him. Given our defensive form since his injury, he clearly had a role in organising the back four.

I'd lose Berardi over him tbh.
Wow Genghers is back

Welcome Tom, how are you mate ?
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:46 am Wow Genghers is back

Welcome Tom, how are you mate ?
I'm alright thanks, Leon. Still very busy, so I don't have much time to post, but I've been lurking recently due to my (and seemingly everyone's) overall malaise.

How are you doing?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:51 am I'm alright thanks, Leon. Still very busy, so I don't have much time to post, but I've been lurking recently due to my (and seemingly everyone's) overall malaise.

How are you doing?
I'm fine Tom, like you busy as ever !

What are you upto these days ?

We miss you on here
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:44 am I'd lose Berardi over him tbh.
I would too :tup:
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Ayling is definitely one to keep, his season went great, average, injured but he did well filling in at CB early in the season. A fit and focused Ayling next season will be a big boost as he’s always a threat going forward down the right.
Elland back
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Elland back »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:05 pm Not sure how this one started but saw it a few times on the news feed this morning. Phil Hay (Yorkshire Evening Post) even mentioned it briefly. I can see that we have a few right backs with Coyle coming back and Berardi. Yiadom from Barnsley has been heavily mentioned too, although I'd picture him as a LB/RB back up. But I think Ayling offers so much more. He's the best full back at the club an even better than that offers coverage at center back. Personally I'd forget Yiadom with Ayling/Coyle on the right and DeBock/Berardi/Pearce on the left. Keep what we have and don't make a change. Thoughts?
Well said Andrew. Ayling always gives 100 percent, has a superb engine and gets about the pitch. With Coyle coming back, I'd love to see how Ayling would get on in midfield.
Elland back
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Elland back »

Since Ayling has been injured, I think we have won 4 games. He has been our engine. We cannot efford to sell him.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:14 am We have missed Ayling
We have. He got a lot of stick on here earlier in the season....but I've always liked him and stuck up for him. Hopefully he'll be back for us next season :)