Simple question ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Simple question ?

Post by The Subhuman »

Gandalf wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:47 pm He turned down Liverpool to come here, and speaking yesterday, he is obviously loving it here at the moment, and he is reaping the benefits that the opportunity for 1st team football presented, which he would never have got at a top team. It is hard to determine the length of his contract, but if Transfermarkt is to be believed, then it runs out this summer. If so, then he needs to be signed up pronto,
Really hope so Gandi, I've read in a couple of places his contract is up in 17. We just put him in the shop window with this run.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:57 pm The sad truth is that Barnsley are the team that he developed and they are the worst Barnsley side I have ever seen - in both meetings with us they have showed no passion, no fight, no skill and poor players - my granny could have saved Pearce's goal and she has been dead for 2 years.
The sad truth is Barnsley are a perennially poor team and comparing what he may do here to what he did do there is irrelevant. As it always is.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Barnsley have traditionally been lower than Leeds but usually raise their game against us and our record against them is particularly poor. They usually play attractive football too but like I have said they lack passion and ability now
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:32 pm Really hope so Gandi, I've read in a couple of places his contract is up in 17. We just put him in the shop window with this run.
Pearce will be offered a contract & signed up

A blind man could see he has more to offer than CBJ, Anita, DeBock or dare i say it Berardi in the LB role. He reminds me so much of Charlie Taylor.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:23 pm Pearce will be offered a contract & signed up

A blind man could see he has more to offer than CBJ, Anita, DeBock or dare i say it Berardi in the LB role. He reminds me so much of Charlie Taylor.
ok I'm a premiership official tasked with finding young talent to stash. I'm offering 15 grand to sit in the U23's at Chelsea OR even send him out on loan to a top Championship club.

You're the guy with a 5-7 grand pw offer from Leeds ....

Who would you sign for ...baring in mind he still gets to play in the Championship next season, but has a shot over the next few seasons to start for Chelsea or Spuds or similar

Really hope you're right, wouldn't have been an issue if he didn't play much but it's not cut and dried he's a Leeds player next season IF he really is out of contract
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:58 pm ok I'm a premiership official tasked with finding young talent to stash. I'm offering 15 grand to sit in the U23's at Chelsea OR even send him out on loan to a top Championship club.

You're the guy with a 5-7 grand pw offer from Leeds ....

Who would you sign for ...baring in mind he still gets to play in the Championship next season, but has a shot over the next few seasons to start for Chelsea or Spuds or similar

Really hope you're right, wouldn't have been an issue if he didn't play much but it's not cut and dried he's a Leeds player next season IF he really is out of contract
No it's not cut & dry mate

Lets hope Pearce is still at Leeds next season or else I'll shall truly despair
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

faaip wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:55 pm The sad truth is Barnsley are a perennially poor team and comparing what he may do here to what he did do there is irrelevant. As it always is.
I agree. No comparison. Lower budget, facilities and support. And PH left them in a better place than when he joined them.