17% forum backing for Paul Heckingbottom

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

PH Sack him or back him?

Poll ended at Mon May 14, 2018 5:36 pm

Sack him now
60%
Sack him at the end of the season
23%
Keep him and let him be the manager next season
17%

Total votes: 30

danhirons
Manager
Manager

Re: 17% forum backing for Paul Heckingbottom

Post by danhirons »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:20 pm Europa League not enough? I suppose it doesn't compare to the JPT and League One playoffs though.
he's gone from managing valencia in the champions league and atletico madrid in the europa league, to being sacked at Watford and Espanyol. If you look at his record, he's hardly ever spent more than a season or two at club which really isn't what we want.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

lufc1304 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:34 pm Why, Dan, what have you seen during his tenure to suggest he can be a success here?
nothing - just teasing.

would be interested to see how he does next season after a preseason of his own - but whether it's worth taking that gamble I'm not sure...
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

danhirons wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 9:36 am nothing - just teasing.

would be interested to see how he does next season after a preseason of his own - but whether it's worth taking that gamble I'm not sure...
Haha, you rascal!! ;-)

Interesting is one way of putting it, disastrous is another!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

danhirons wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 9:35 am he's gone from managing valencia in the champions league and atletico madrid in the europa league, to being sacked at Watford and Espanyol. If you look at his record, he's hardly ever spent more than a season or two at club which really isn't what we want.
Watford sack managers every year, they sacked Jokanovic too. That doesn't make him a bad manager.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

I voted sack him at the end of the season, i tried to give him a chance but I just fear he’s tactically astute enough, or has the man management skills to develop our diverse squad.
I feel Radz and Orta won’t be too confident in him either and are looking as we speak.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

dezzy wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 7:43 pm I voted sack him at the end of the season, i tried to give him a chance but I just fear he’s tactically astute enough, or has the man management skills to develop our diverse squad.
I feel Radz and Orta won’t be too confident in him either and are looking as we speak.
Here's hoping, dezzy, should never have been appointed in the first place. Out of his depth big time
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Its interesting to go back and read what Radz said after sacking TC.

“We backed him and very strongly after a long negative series (of results in October and November)"

"This time was the point of no return. There is enough time to make this season positive. Now or never.”

I waited for a long time before taking the decision and gave him many chances. Already at the beginning of January I was really keen to change. Victor (Orta, Leeds’ director of football) convinced me to hold on and give him one more, one more, one more; extra chances but at the end, something was missing.”

Radrizzani, described the dismissal as a case of “now or never” in terms of Leeds’ bid to reach the Championship play-offs,

Its bizarre if Radz doesnt sack Hecky.

He sacked TC after a run of poor results
There is no 15 game period under TC where we did worse, just a fact.

Now or never in terms of the bid to make the playoffs
Right, well its never then because we are further away than at any point under TC.

Victor saved TC, at the beginning of January
Again, back to results, Hecky has been worse since he started.

"This time was the point of no return. There is enough time to make this season positive. Now or never.”
So your change of manager made this season worse, totally worse, so if he isnt sacked how do you justify that?

Based on his reasoning for sacking Thomas Christiansen it is inconceivable Heckingbottom can survive imo, for Heckingbottom to survive Radz has to move the goalposts, if he does that he has to blame someone else, Orta probably, but thats unlikely unless Orta goes.

If Orta goes Hecky may survive (wrongly imo) but otherwise cant see it.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Paper talk though surely...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Cjay wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 7:59 pm Its interesting to go back and read what Radz said after sacking TC.

“We backed him and very strongly after a long negative series (of results in October and November)"

I waited for a long time before taking the decision and gave him many chances. Already at the beginning of January I was really keen to change. Victor (Orta, Leeds’ director of football) convinced me to hold on and give him one more, one more, one more; extra chances but at the end, something was missing.”

Radrizzani, described the dismissal as a case of “now or never” in terms of Leeds’ bid to reach the Championship play-offs,

Its bizarre if Radz doesnt sack Hecky.

He sacked TC after a run of poor results
There is no 15 game period under TC where we did worse, just a fact.

Now or never in terms of the bid to make the playoffs
Right, well its never then because we are further away than at any point under TC.

Victor saved TC, at the beginning of January
Again, back to results, Hecky has been worse since he started.

So your change of manager made this season worse, totally worse, so if he isnt sacked how do you justify that?

Based on his reasoning for sacking Thomas Christiansen it is inconceivable Heckingbottom can survive imo, for Heckingbottom to survive Radz has to move the goalposts, if he does that he has to blame someone else, Orta probably, but thats unlikely unless Orta goes.

If Orta goes Hecky may survive (wrongly imo) but otherwise cant see it.
No it doesn’t make sense, but it would look bad if they sacked him before the end of the season, I’m sure they’ll have a review in may and announce he’s gone
The players are flat, they are on holidays, surely if Heck was to be manager next season they’d try to impress him?
Pablo signed with reassurances to our aspirations for next season, a Bartley type exciting signing doesn’t sit with us or pushing the boat out on a manager
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9144945

Phil Hay's view.

Interesting he noted the first signals ( amazingly) of discontent towards Hecky from the fans vs Norwich.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

dezzy wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:44 pm No it doesn’t make sense, but it would look bad if they sacked him before the end of the season, I’m sure they’ll have a review in may and announce he’s gone
The players are flat, they are on holidays, surely if Heck was to be manager next season they’d try to impress him?
Pablo signed with reassurances to our aspirations for next season, a Bartley type exciting signing doesn’t sit with us or pushing the boat out on a manager
Think your right (hope)

Let him have QPR, regardless of the result sack him the next day or that night after the game.

Exactly my thinking.

The players dont look fussed about him, like at all, not once in his 15 games have they really tried to perform imo.

Telling for me, either they know something we dont, or they just dont want to play for him.
Signed

King Cjay

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Cjay wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 12:41 pm Think your right (hope)

Let him have QPR, regardless of the result sack him the next day or that night after the game.

Exactly my thinking.

The players dont look fussed about him, like at all, not once in his 15 games have they really tried to perform imo.

Telling for me, either they know something we dont, or they just dont want to play for him.
Interesting article from Hay that you posted above, TC 40% win rate, sacked, bring in a championship manager to steady the ship, win rate 20%, the silence is deafening, U23 coach to take squad to Burma?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

dezzy wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 12:50 pm Interesting article from Hay that you posted above, TC 40% win rate, sacked, bring in a championship manager to steady the ship, win rate 20%, the silence is deafening, U23 coach to take squad to Burma?
Yeah, its ironic really.

Radz apologised for TC, wtf he going to have to do for Hecky :shock:

Id forgot about Burma, cant make Carlos take them, he has done a good job, doesnt deserve that.

Let Hecky take them, sack him there, maybe he can kill two birds with one stone and take his kids on holiday?

Top Gear went to Burma, was pretty nice tbf.
Signed

King Cjay

hector

Post by hector »

It wasn't when I was last there!!
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 12:41 pm Think your right (hope)

Exactly my thinking.

Don't think that's it at all, I'm happy with the not a good enough manager for us argument but this player antipathy thing doesn't hold much water for me. We'd blown the season at that point we needed two ppg to get close, I think we worked out that 2ppg would get us around 72-4 pts. We then proceeded to get hammered a few times and irrespective of position the writing was on the wall. we were going nowhere

Once that happened, and the littany of injuries which worked against PH more so than TC, (lets not forget that TC had Ayling, Coop, PJ through most of his tenure as manager,) it became a dead season and what with the constant shuffling, partnerships not getting established. Lassoga' continuing can't be arsed attitude, which worked against both managers for me plus TC had to deal with a keeper well out of his depth.

So confidence went, TC was sacked, PH couldn't fix it . I think that's what caused the poor football

But amid the rubble there are signs of a rosier future
Last edited by The Subhuman on Wed May 02, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Cjay wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 1:50 pm Yeah, its ironic really.

Radz apologised for TC, wtf he going to have to do for Hecky :shock:

Id forgot about Burma, cant make Carlos take them, he has done a good job, doesnt deserve that.

Let Hecky take them, sack him there, maybe he can kill two birds with one stone and take his kids on holiday?

Top Gear went to Burma, was pretty nice tbf.
Haha, no doubt it’s a lovely country and I’m sure the squad will be safe, it’s the issue of the government and 1000s fleeing the country is the issue. One of the bigger mistakes made by Radz IMO, but decision made, let’s hope we get some benefit, if Heck goes it’ll be a bit unfair sacking him!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Heckingbottom seeking a meeting with Orta after his holiday. Wanting the big question answered. No sign of progress on replacement (@reluctantnicko) #LUFC

From Alan Nixon.

If true then its a bit of a mess.

If you dont want him (pray we dont) then just sack him, why wait!!!

And if Hecky needs to be told they still want him now then clearly that tells him they havent 100% confidence in him so wheres his pride, walk away?

If they had confidence then he wouldnt have needed to wait 2 weeks.
Signed

King Cjay

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Marcelo Alberto Bielsa Being linked now, that would be exciting!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

dezzy wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:16 pm Marcelo Alberto Bielsa Being linked now, that would be exciting!
Phil Hay

@PhilHayYEP
Follow Follow @PhilHayYEP
More Phil Hay Retweeted El Correo
Away this week but two different people in the past fortnight have mentioned Bielsa to me as an option for Leeds:

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Bielsa may not be as highly rated as he once was, but compared to Hecky he is Jesus.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Marcelo Gallardo, winning things for fun in Argentina, one of the most higly rated young coaches in the world, he is a student of Bielsa.

Maurcio Pochetinno- Dont need to say much, him to, heavily influenced by Marcelo.

Diego Simeone- One of the best coaches in the world.

Pep Guardiola!!!!!!! . . . .Called Bielsa the best manager in the world in 2012!!!!!!!

Basically 3 of the best coaches in the world and one of the most highly rated, all influenced by Bielsa :love: :love: :love:

Hecky will get a 5 year deal on Monday.
Signed

King Cjay