More excitement....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

More excitement....

Post by 1964white »

More excitement at ER tonight in 80 minutes of rugby than Leeds United have produced in 19 games on their own turf.

Yes the Rhinos lost by one point after going 0-24 down, but what a fightback to be beaten by a point 24-25, an absolute breathtaking match

Rhinos have quality, character, strength, fight & desire in abundance, something I haven't seen from a LUFC side in a long time, our current lot possess none of those attributes but they probably earn ten times the salary proper sportsmen deserve !

So proud of these Leeds players

Well done Castleford too for contributing to such a absorbing game
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: More excitement....

Post by Clive »

1964white wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:09 pm More excitement at ER tonight in 80 minutes of rugby than Leeds United have produced in 19 games on their own turf.

Yes the Rhinos lost by one point after going 0-24 down, but what a fightback to be beaten by a point 24-25, an absolute breathtaking match

Rhinos have quality, character, strength, fight & desire in abundance, something I haven't seen from a LUFC side in a long time, our current lot possess none of those attributes but they probably earn ten times the salary proper sportsmen deserve !

So proud of these Leeds players

Well done Castleford too for contributing to such a absorbing game
What about the Millwall game?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clive wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:48 am What about the Millwall game?
Clutching at straws when our soft lot turned up for 20 minutes & were eventually put back in their cages as the Lions mauled us into submission

Mentality & physically there is no comparison between the strength of the Rhinos as oppose to the big girl blouses masquerading as Leeds United footballers

Rhinos put in powerful performances week in week out whilst our soft-bellied lot generally huff & puff before feebly rolling over & die as they have done for much of this season
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Stopped watching after the Rhinos were 24-0 down after 12 mins, with a performance as abysmal as any our footballers have managed to produce. Seems they rallied after that start, but the result was still a defeat. Actually, the Millwall game is a pretty good comparison. The gypsy curse is alive and well, for all Leeds teams at ER.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:43 am Stopped watching after the Rhinos were 24-0 down after 12 mins, with a performance as abysmal as any our footballers have managed to produce. Seems they rallied after that start, but the result was still a defeat. Actually, the Millwall game is a pretty good comparison. The gypsy curse is alive and well, for all Leeds teams at ER.
You missed a treat Gandi

I wasn't confident of Watkins kicking a winning kick from deep on the touchline, had he managed to kick the goal that would be one of the greatest comebacks of all-time against one of the best rugby sides in the Super League
If we had a kicker with the ability of the legend Kevin Sinfield that game would have been won as we only converted two of our five tries where as Cas converted all four of their tries through Gale who also kicked the crucial drop goal.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Is this a Leeds United board or a City of Leeds Board?
In 2003 I joined a Leeds United board and I'm sick to death of the Rhinos being your main support.
Bugger off and start your own Rhinos fan club if you want, but if you want to keep me and people like me, please stop this bullcrap.
Every post you make, there's a snide reference to just this kind of jingoism, putting our club and players down.
Yes, we may be in the dumps at the moment and we're all sick of our performances and the politics of it all, but it's not long ago you were jumping all over the Rhinos yourself - well, I'm bloody sick of it. This is a LEEDS UNITED forum and you don't need to forget it.

MOT does not include the bloody Rhinos, unless the majority of members say it does, in which case I'm out of here.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Calm down Norm. I don't want you to have a heart attack!
Look at the topics today. Horse racing, music, Ant and Dec, EFL. In fact very few actual Leeds United topics. This is a forum for Leeds United fans but not to talk exclusively about Leeds United.
I must admit that I have found it amusing/sad, that Leon (who actually regularly goes to watch our team, unlike most of us), is feeling so angry/disillusioned about our club at the moment. I think his reaction is a good insight into what a shambles our club is in right now.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I too hate non football weekends Norm....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:08 pm Is this a Leeds United board or a City of Leeds Board?
In 2003 I joined a Leeds United board and I'm sick to death of the Rhinos being your main support.
Bugger off and start your own Rhinos fan club if you want, but if you want to keep me and people like me, please stop this bullcrap.
Every post you make, there's a snide reference to just this kind of jingoism, putting our club and players down.
Yes, we may be in the dumps at the moment and we're all sick of our performances and the politics of it all, but it's not long ago you were jumping all over the Rhinos yourself - well, I'm bloody sick of it. This is a LEEDS UNITED forum and you don't need to forget it.

MOT does not include the bloody Rhinos, unless the majority of members say it does, in which case I'm out of here.
Firstly & foremost this is a Leeds United forum. Over the years it has developed with plenty of none-related LUFC topics which keeps the forum healthy & interesting for many

Born & bred in Leeds, anything connected to my home city is close to my heart. As a 7yo my first sporting events i attended were at Headingley where I witnessed the great Lewis Jones playing for Leeds RL & in the summers I had many good times watching YCC which included the greats Boycott, Close, Illingworth, Trueman, etc. Then as a 9yo I was introduced to Leeds United & they became my main team over the last 55 years

Sorry if my criticism of Leeds United upsets you Norm but after attending over 2,000 games & enduring broken promises/witnessing fifteen years of sh*te with owners constantly taking our supporters for a ride I firmly believe I have the right to be critical of my beloved club !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BobHirst wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:50 pm Calm down Norm. I don't want you to have a heart attack!
Look at the topics today. Horse racing, music, Ant and Dec, EFL. In fact very few actual Leeds United topics. This is a forum for Leeds United fans but not to talk exclusively about Leeds United.
I must admit that I have found it amusing/sad, that Leon (who actually regularly goes to watch our team, unlike most of us), is feeling so angry/disillusioned about our club at the moment. I think his reaction is a good insight into what a shambles our club is in right now.
Correct Bob, sometimes I wish I could kick the LUFC habit as one does become disillusioned, but the club is in my blood & heart & always will be until the day god calls the tune

I've had conversations with friends who attend Leeds games that have the opinion Leeds United owners/directors should look at the model of their sporting counterparts across the other side of the city on how they conduct their business which continuously breeds success !
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Sam Watkins (had to google that) 700k ...RL record transfer fee..we're comparing apples and early seventies prog rock again.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:43 pm Sam Watkins (had to google that) 700k ...RL record transfer fee..we're comparing apples and early seventies prog rock again.
Still require shrewd management with a business model to suit no matter what the financial levels are mate
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Leeds Rhino's big fish small pond, Leeds United medium size fish in an ocean.

Rhino's business model probably doesn't work at Elland Road ...I think our current one from Rads just might...lets give it some time LUFC isn't getting built in a day
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:15 pm Leeds Rhino's big fish small pond, Leeds United medium size fish in an ocean.

Rhino's business model probably doesn't work at Elland Road ...I think our current one from Rads just might...lets give it some time LUFC isn't getting built in a day
Hope you are right Faaip

Our business come the summer months will be telling for me
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

faaip wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:15 pm Leeds Rhino's big fish small pond, Leeds United medium size fish in an ocean.

:tup: Ditto
Elland back
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Elland back »

Afternoon Everyone,

Amazing fight back by the Rhino's. I wonder what the odds would have been at half time had we come back.

Heckingbottom has come out and told us to expect a mid team budget next season.

This being the case why would Saiz and Jansson want to stay? Players have a limited career, and need to take their chances!

If it is confirmed that our budget next term is mid table, who would blame them for having ambition?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Elland back wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:01 pm Afternoon Everyone,

Amazing fight back by the Rhino's. I wonder what the odds would have been at half time had we come back.

This being the case why would Saiz and Jansson want to stay? Players have a limited career, and need to take their chances!

If it is confirmed that our budget next term is mid table, who would blame them for having ambition?
Good Evening Ell

Welcome to MOT :tup:

Sadly I can see them both going, no I wouldn't blame them if they wish to further their career elsewhere. Problem is playing alongside average players brings your form down to their level so players with ambition need to move on if the opportunity arises
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

faaip wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:06 pm I too hate non football weekends Norm....
So most weekends...
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Rather watch us lose 4-0 than have no football at all
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Elland back wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:01 pm Afternoon Everyone,

Welcome..

how do you know this isn't reverse psychology? I'd be saying the same thing to the fans but something different in the dressing room. D.O'L did it all the time ...