Misplaced Sympathy

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Post Reply
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12091
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Misplaced Sympathy

Post by Gino 1959 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:04 pm

Whilst understanding alcoholism is an affliction, a curse and a disease - and with some professional knowledge of how being treated with extremely strong painkillers can lead someone down a dangerous path - I am at a loss to comprehend the tolerance - certainly on social media - being shown to whichever one of Ant and Dec thought it was a good idea driving a car when trollied.

If it was an ordinary non-sleb member of the public he or she would get slaughtered.

Having seen the footage a few times now I'm not sure the individual concerned knew if he was Ant or Dec.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.

User avatar
Richard
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:50 am
Twitter: @northantsmanvan
Location: Northampton
Contact:

Re: Misplaced Sympathy

Post by Richard » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:02 pm

He has a good agent, he will have the best ITV have to offer all working to salvage his name and paint him a a refromed victim. ITV have a lot of money tied up into Any & Dec, goodness knows why, they are long past their sell by date

User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12091
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: Misplaced Sympathy

Post by Gino 1959 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Richard wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:02 pm
He has a good agent, he will have the best ITV have to offer all working to salvage his name and paint him a a refromed victim. ITV have a lot of money tied up into Any & Dec, goodness knows why, they are long past their sell by date
I would have more respect for ITV if they cancelled his contract.

But then some other channel would pick him/them up.

Same as when that twat Wossy - along with that prune Brand - went after Andrew Sachs.

BBC get rid and ITV grab them.

It's like real life doesn't apply to these people.

Money more important obviously.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.

User avatar
Ratscoot
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1652
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:52 pm

Re: Misplaced Sympathy

Post by Ratscoot » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:41 pm

Gino 1959 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:04 pm
Whilst understanding alcoholism is an affliction, a curse and a disease - and with some professional knowledge of how being treated with extremely strong painkillers can lead someone down a dangerous path - I am at a loss to comprehend the tolerance - certainly on social media - being shown to whichever one of Ant and Dec thought it was a good idea driving a car when trollied.

If it was an ordinary non-sleb member of the public he or she would get slaughtered.

Having seen the footage a few times now I'm not sure the individual concerned knew if he was Ant or Dec.
Wonder how it would have played out if the stupid twat had killed someone :evil:

Should make him do the Drink Drive Ads for free
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5293
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Misplaced Sympathy

Post by Cjay » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:04 pm

Seen the video, hes clearly absolutely off his face on something.

While sympathetic towards his issues, no excuse, could have killed someone.

Perhaps a harsh consequence both criminal and professional is exactly what he needs.

User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12091
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: Misplaced Sympathy

Post by Gino 1959 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:14 pm

Cjay wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:04 pm
Seen the video, hes clearly absolutely off his face on something.

While sympathetic towards his issues, no excuse, could have killed someone.

Perhaps a harsh consequence both criminal and professional is exactly what he needs.
Maybe a spell behind bars would sober (no pun intended) him up.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.

User avatar
lufc1304
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7287
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Misplaced Sympathy

Post by lufc1304 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:43 pm

Couldn't agree more. Poor Ant, my arse! You or I doing that and social media would be calling for us to be hung, drawn and quartered. Addiction, in all its forms, is a horrible thing but this clown must at least be familiar with the concept of a taxi. He's an ITV cash cow, so all the stops will be pulled out to paint him as victim whilst the rest of us would be looking at a spell in the big house.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson

User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12091
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: Misplaced Sympathy

Post by Gino 1959 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:09 pm

lufc1304 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:43 pm
He's an ITV cash cow, so all the stops will be pulled out to paint him as victim whilst the rest of us would be looking at a spell in the big house.
He wouldn't survive it.

As a fellow 'pretty boy' you would understand.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.

User avatar
lufc1304
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7287
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Misplaced Sympathy

Post by lufc1304 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:17 pm

Gino 1959 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:09 pm
He wouldn't survive it.

As a fellow 'pretty boy' you would understand.
Hahahahaha, way too pretty for jail!!! :roflmao:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson

User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12091
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: Misplaced Sympathy

Post by Gino 1959 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:39 pm

Charged with drink driving.

Let's hope he gets treated the same as the man in the street.

Some time inside would send the right message to those thinking they are somehow above the law because they are on telly etc.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.

User avatar
Ronan
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3233
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Belfast

Re: Misplaced Sympathy

Post by Ronan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:02 pm

No sympathy.....no excuse to get behind the wheel.
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......

User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13086
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Misplaced Sympathy

Post by HarryofOz » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:51 am

A silver lining for Ant and Dec viewers

Which is which?
We're going up like there is no gravity!

Post Reply