Next Season Anything?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Bally
First Team
First Team

Next Season Anything?

Post by Bally »

A lot seem to have made their mind up about the manager already but is there anything from now till the end of season he can do to change anyone's mind?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Next Season Anything?

Post by HarryofOz »

If we won all or most of our games, people may change their minds.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

HarryofOz wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:46 am If we won all or most of our games, people may change their minds.
I’d want us to win and play with some style as well, however I’d at the moment be happy if we actually won no matter how :shock:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
gessa

Post by gessa »

It's a results business and if you don't get them, then you don't get backed.

He needs at least 4 wins from the remaining games. If we don't beat Bolton and Sunderland then he'll be gone at the end of the season I'd imagine.
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

No !
He's inherited this team....i'd like to see who comes and gos in the summer & then see how we perform next season. Then I'll judge him !
However, it would be nice to see us win a few games !!
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Ratscoot wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:10 am I’d want us to win and play with some style as well, however I’d at the moment be happy if we actually won no matter how :shock:
Despite the furphy about how you can call a team a champion team if they win when they play badly, successful teams do play with style - with maybe the odd exception here or there. And you could argue that even teams that play defensively and rely on the counter attack, still have to do both well to succeed.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

In a word, no
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
hector

Post by hector »

In another word...
Ditto
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Bally wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:43 am A lot seem to have made their mind up about the manager already but is there anything from now till the end of season he can do to change anyone's mind?
For me this season is a write-off so I am not overly concerned about results now in judging PH. I would rather see us actually look like we had a clue what we were doing, some clue about the best formation, tactics etc. If it looked like there was hope that PH could make things better with 2 or 3 signings then that would be more important to me than winning - say for example we were creating a lot of chances but our strikers were missing them then you think okay if we got a new striker we could be a really good team, or if we were defending well but just conceding from a mistake then again you could think maybe just a new centreback. The trouble is we aren't really creating many chances, a couple on Saturday against an awful Sheff Wed side isn't good enough, and whilst a lot of the goals we concede are from mistakes it is simply because the opposition have been able to attack us far too much so that you know at some point they will score.

At this point I have seen no evidence of PH being able to motivate players. I have seen no signs of man management (simply dropping a player out of the 18 if he has a bad game is ridiculous). I have seen no sign of any tactical awareness(a prime example being swapping like for like with substitutions). That combined with his appalling record at Barnsley after the initial honeymoon period gives me no confidence in him whatsoever.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Bally wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:43 am A lot seem to have made their mind up about the manager already but is there anything from now till the end of season he can do to change anyone's mind?
He could try winning a match or two , I do have extreme doubts though , did from the very start .......mainly " who is he " . Its not like they ( club management ) went and got a lower tier manager with an impressive winning record or up and coming ....he's a loser , losing mentality etc . The only people who this has done any good is Barnsley - and its too late for them probably . Heck IS NOT the way forward if the club has any ambitions on the top flight . If the club has ambitions of winning league one , then he's the man .
That's what I think anyway .
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

gessa wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:15 am It's a results business and if you don't get them, then you don't get backed.

He needs at least 4 wins from the remaining games. If we don't beat Bolton and Sunderland then he'll be gone at the end of the season I'd imagine.
If he can't beat both he doesn't deserve to stay . Alongside Burton probably the worst sides in this division ...at home , Leeds rightly should expect victories . To this day I do not understand this appointment .Baffling . He must be bloody cheap .
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:58 am In another word...
Ditto
In another word

Fear
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Haighy wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:18 am No !
He's inherited this team....i'd like to see who comes and gos in the summer & then see how we perform next season. Then I'll judge him !
However, it would be nice to see us win a few games !!
He's always going to 'inherit' a team if he is not the ones making the signings.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Probably not.

Needs to match or better TC results which means cant lose again.
W,D,W,W,D, W,W,W

Anything less then i cant see why he should stay.

And the wins need to be convincing not 15'20min bursts.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

By who he selects, with what kind of sytem he prefers to play, by the results, by what he says, by what he doesn`t say...for me only time will tell, but I`m not overly optimistic I may add.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

As he obviously is not going to start playing out from the back, etc., like our youth teams do, no.
At the moment there is a mismatch between our way of playing between the first team and the U23s/U18s.
Ideally, for our medium/longer-term future success, this needs to be fixed. At the moment, I'm not sure if Radz or Orta are really aware of the change required to get all teams at the club back on the same hymn sheet, unless they don't care, in which case we have no successful future in sight.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

What Norm said. Without a similar style of play to the U18s and U23s, all that recruitment of young potential will have been a waste of time and money. Seems both sides, after a rocky start, have found their groove, which is promising. We need a coach with a similar philosophy so players stepping up from the junior sides can do so seemlessly. PH is not that guy
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Norm wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:29 pm As he obviously is not going to start playing out from the back, etc., like our youth teams do, no.
At the moment there is a mismatch between our way of playing between the first team and the U23s/U18s.
Ideally, for our medium/longer-term future success, this needs to be fixed. At the moment, I'm not sure if Radz or Orta are really aware of the change required to get all teams at the club back on the same hymn sheet, unless they don't care, in which case we have no successful future in sight.
Spot on. Look at other teams...not to have a general concept is simply idiotic. But who will have to give way?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

If this were April 2017 and this were a Millwall/Sheff Utd/Bristol City/Brentford forum they'd also be looking with forboding to the next season.

We have no idea what next season brings, Anywhere between 1st and 24th is on
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Identify the players that could make a contribution next year and play them between now and the end of the season. I see no benefit in Lassoga blocking the likes of Dalby and Clarke for example.