Pablo to Birmingham City

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Pablo to Birmingham City

Post by Cjay »

Wouldn't surprise me.

He knows Monk, Blues will pay him more.

Can accept him going back to Spain for his family, but losing him to another Championship side will just show that we have 0 ambition.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
gessa

Post by gessa »

Hitc rarely get anything right, another piece of lazy journalism by them. People putting 2 and 2 together and getting whatever answer they want.
Hernandez contract ending, Monk bought him here , Monk now at Brum, wild guesses.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

radebe88 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:14 pm https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.hitc ... her-its-f/

Loads of other media outlets reporting the same.

The last straw if it happens
Expect Jansson, Saiz & Lassoga to go too !

We'll be left with a League One squad next season
gessa

Post by gessa »

Lassoga was never going to be here next season, not at £40k per week anyway.
Tbh if we are to progress we need better than him anyway.
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

We're dooooomed!!!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Going to be 33/34 next season, He's not in our long term plans, can't be. I don't think I'll be losing any sleep especially if we keep Saiz and I think we will
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

radebe88 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:35 pm Agree 100%

Remember we offered Gary monk a “good” contract to stay. I expect the same statement about Pablo
Considering O'Shame and Cooper have already signed new deals because tons of teams would have been chasing them . . . Surprised its taken this long with Pablo.

32 33 34 dont care, most talented player we have imo. Not a popular opinion i know.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:54 pm Going to be 33/34 next season, He's not in our long term plans, can't be. I don't think I'll be losing any sleep especially if we keep Saiz and I think we will
Or we have overstretched our budget giving crap players new contracts . . . .Pablo has little resale value and is a high earner so lets let him go.
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

radebe88 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:17 pm I agree about HITC, but just google Pablo Hernandez there are dozens of the same story
Which seems mainly fans fears, probably the same fans who were certain Pablo Bartley, Wood and Green were going to Go to Boro with Monk in the summer.
Not saying it won't happen but I would think Brum need to know what division they're going to be in before they think about who they are signing next season.
This will most likely be Pablo's last decent contract, so I'd imagine he'll be looking for the best financial deal for himself. Whether that will be here is debatable.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

radebe88 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:17 pm I agree about HITC, but just google Pablo Hernandez there are dozens of the same story
The trouble is that there are lots of similar 'sports news agencies' and even papers that are desperate to fill column inches or get people to click on their stories so they all just recirculate the same story regardless of if there is any truth in it.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

faaip wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:54 pm Going to be 33/34 next season, He's not in our long term plans, can't be. I don't think I'll be losing any sleep especially if we keep Saiz and I think we will
I take your point about age, it has to be a factor in deciding what length of contract he is offered.

But, in my humble opinion, whether Saiz stays or not, we still need Pablo. Technically, we have very few if any players on he's level. We need more like Pablo and Saiz, not less !
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:59 am I take your point about age, it has to be a factor in deciding what length of contract he is offered.

But, in my humble opinion, whether Saiz stays or not, we still need Pablo. Technically, we have very few if any players on he's level. We need more like Pablo and Saiz, not less !
Absolutely Gurj

I can see a repeat of previous summer's with our three class players gone & left with all the plebs on four your contracts no other club would touch with a barge pole

Such a shame we were so close last season, now we are a million miles away from a decent team & any future success
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

weasel wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:16 am The trouble is that there are lots of similar 'sports news agencies' and even papers that are desperate to fill column inches or get people to click on their stories so they all just recirculate the same story regardless of if there is any truth in it.
Absolutely

It may well be true, but the same story appearing on various websites means nothing in itself. It's not like the pre-internet days where the likelihood of a story being true increased if a number of newspapers carried the story. In those days the papers had their sources and published once a day at the same time.

With the proliferation of news and sports sites on the web in a 24/7 news cycle, they pick stories up off one another and run with with on their own site as well.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Not forgetting the one's that use football forums for their "news".
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Gurj wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:59 am I take your point about age, it has to be a factor in deciding what length of contract he is offered.

Pablo at some point wants to return to Spain and play for the team he is part owner of so I doubt that contract length would be a real issue as I am sure if he wanted to stay and we were prepared to give him a decent contract he would sign whether it was a 1 year or 2 year deal. Would love to see him stay as the more players you have with footballing brains then the easier it is to play good football. With Saiz, Pablo and Alioski playing well we have a real attacking threat and they appear to have a decent understanding of each other's game.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Personally dont think Alioski is anywhere near the class of the two Spaniards - hes been fortunate to get so much game time in my opinion.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Depends on formation and tactics next season but I’d like to believe we’d have a better option in the team than Pablo, injured too easy stand out because those around him are so poor
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

You’d be surprised at how many places will latch onto the first signs of a non story. Wouldn’t surprise me if they all quoted HITC as a source
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Yeah, he ain't one for the future. This is a division - and maybe the right time in this lost season - for blooding some younger players to really test if they are good enough.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I know Saiz is the golden boy of the fan base, immune to criticism like Berardi.

But Saiz hasnt scored a goal since the end of November. And in 11 games since he has had more cards then assists, 2 assists.

Pablo last 11 games-4assists 1 goal.

Dont think Saiz will go anyways.
Signed

King Cjay