Sack Heckingbottom and Make Orta Caretaker

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Sack Heckingbottom and Make Orta Caretaker

Post by Clive »

If Orta thinks he's a big shot like people say then Radrizzani should let him put his balls on the line.

We can't go up and we can't go down so there's nothing to lose, let him sink or swim.

He's a qualified coach so it's not like giving the job to a scout like we did with McDermott.

Orta brought the players in, let him coach them, let's see if he knows how to get the best out of them.

If we do well then it'll shut the fans up who have been blaming him for everything, if we don't then maybe the fans are right and we can get rid.

Why not roll the dice and see what happens?

I can't see things getting any worse, and he may be able to get the players enjoying their football again, so it lifts morale ahead of the summer, when, hopefully, we can finally get a proper manager.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Sack Heckingbottom and Make Orta Caretaker

Post by Cjay »

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/foo ... 090744.amp

The words of Steve Gibson are eerily similar to that of Radz recently
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

Cjay wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:08 am https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/foo ... 090744.amp

The words of Steve Gibson are eerily similar to that of Radz recently
I've read a load of made up muck in the press about Leeds, so I don't trust any of that.

Look how much our local media run Warnock down.

That article even runs Karanka down, the man who got them up and may have kept them up.

Can you blame Orta for wanting to go into the dressing room when he's seeing his mate's hard work undone?

He's seeing Christiansen's hard work undone here, that's why I'm saying let him in our dressing room, put him in charge and let's see what happens.

And let's say he is a bad influence, let's say he does cause trouble and Karanka and Christiansen both lost their jobs because of him, well put him in the firing line and we'll see how he does with nowhere to hide.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Love the McDermott Jibe ...the only managerial signing I hated from the outset ...but I used to watch Woking a lot.

B b but he took Reading to the premiership they cried
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Clive wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:31 am I've read a load of made up muck in the press about Leeds, so I don't trust any of that.

Look how much our local media run Warnock down.

That article even runs Karanka down, the man who got them up and may have kept them up.

Can you blame Orta for wanting to go into the dressing room when he's seeing his mate's hard work undone?

He's seeing Christiansen's hard work undone here, that's why I'm saying let him in our dressing room, put him in charge and let's see what happens.

And let's say he is a bad influence, let's say he does cause trouble and Karanka and Christiansen both lost their jobs because of him, well put him in the firing line and we'll see how he does with nowhere to hide.
There is a big difference between made up stuff in the press and quoting what was actually said in a live interview :tup: ;-)

If you believe it is made up pop onto a Boro forum, ask the fans, they’ll tell you it’s the truth.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

About as much chance of that happening as the Leeds fans adopting the Leeds salute badge.
Some say the rot started at Millwall, some blame Felix, some say getting thumped by Boro
and Cardiff, some say Radrizzani spouting off on Twitter, some say the inept caught in the headlights
WhatTheHeck, some say the ineffectual players.

It is a combination of all those things... one catastrophe after another. In chaos theory stress builds
up within a system and then all of a sudden there is a tipping point. Avalanches for example, there is
tremendous tension in the system then a little sparrow alights on the snow and the extra weight
causes the avalanche to occur... and our arab friends at GHB would say the last straw that broke the camels
back. An insignificant event in itself but with dire consequences.

WhatTheHeck is that insignificant event.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Wasn’t traore an orta signing at Middlesbrough? It was barely mentioned in the “orta out” messages when he absolutely pasted us a few weeks ago.

This taken from an article is something that I think a lot of fans need to remember... sure - it’s not been the best but it’s not been as bad as other transfer windows.

“Orta was the chief architect of the summer recruitment but let’s be clear though: scouts do not sign players.

They can recommend and assess them but ultimate bringing players in is a joint enterprise. The manager has to endorse it, the chief executive has to agree the financial package and the chairman has to sign it off. It has been a collective failure.”
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Brader wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:06 am Wasn’t traore an orta signing at Middlesbrough? It was barely mentioned in the “orta out” messages when he absolutely pasted us a few weeks ago.

This taken from an article is something that I think a lot of fans need to remember... sure - it’s not been the best but it’s not been as bad as other transfer windows.

“Orta was the chief architect of the summer recruitment but let’s be clear though: scouts do not sign players.

They can recommend and assess them but ultimate bringing players in is a joint enterprise. The manager has to endorse it, the chief executive has to agree the financial package and the chairman has to sign it off. It has been a collective failure.”
This I absolutely believe, TC had a fair amount of input and would have personally approved some of the signings
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

faaip wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:48 am This I absolutely believe, TC had a fair amount of input and would have personally approved some of the signings
Apart from possibly the keeper, I don't believe TC had a clue who was coming in, not a single clue. Klich and Cibicki frozen out early doors was also a strange one, two players who TC didn't feel we needed but Orta and co signed them anyway?
johnny wadd
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @jnicholson53

Post by johnny wadd »

sack them both
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

If picking up cheap foreigners who suddenly turned into world class superstars was easy everybody would be doing it. Even sending big has no guarantees just look at Van Gaal's signings at MU, Angel DiMaria and Luke Shaw being prime example of huge outlays but not being succesful. However if you sign 1 Traore or Saiz for every 4 or 5 failures then it is probably not a bad financial return and even in that article it was saying Traore was poor so it shows how sometimes it is better to judge after a year rather than just a few months. Grot for example was doing well in the Dutch top flight so there is clearly ability there and maybe next season he will be a big player for us, Cibicki showed flashes of ability especially with his crossing ability so if he toughens up a bit he may also be a very handy player next season. Alioski has split opinion but clearly has a lot of ability combined with speed and I wouldn't be suprised to see him have a great season next year - don't forget Wood's relatively poor first season for us and he had experience of the championship prior to signing for us.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

I remember radebe having a pretty poor first season here too
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Richard wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:22 pm Apart from possibly the keeper, I don't believe TC had a clue who was coming in, not a single clue. Klich and Cibicki frozen out early doors was also a strange one, two players who TC didn't feel we needed but Orta and co signed them anyway?
Klich absolutely looks a player, was the best signing of the off season imo. I think he had a big say in who came to play first team, probably not the youth set up. If he didn't he's an idiot and should be nowhere near a football club.