A big Thankyou to TC

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Re: A big Thankyou to TC

Post by hector »

Which is where he belongs, as that is his current level....
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

hector wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:17 pm Which is where he belongs, as that is his current level....
Well hopefully if he ends up back there , its not with Leeds United . Agree it does look like his level - talks a good press conference but I daresay a fair few managers/coaches do . Its on field where it all matters and its not happening one little bit . You even look at games coming up - Bolton & Sunderland and would say both of those could easily get something out of the games . If that's the case and that happens , then PH really has no place at Leeds United IMO . 5 year plan .....pie in the sky , it will be second season in next time around and further away from the target than at any time since promotion from League 1 . I do think that while this squad isn't great and has a lot of limitations , a decent manager could get another 15-20% out of tis lot in terms of results and effort .
I was baffled when he was appointed and am even more so now .
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:17 pm Which is where he belongs, as that is his current level....
Not his fault Hector
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Even though TC got into two ruts with this shambles of a squad a big thank you for the points accumulated managing a car-crash of a club Leeds United is :clape: :supbo:
hector

Post by hector »

I agree not his fault.... He needs more experience than he has at the moment... which is why I said his current level... He may well be good enough one day, just not yet.
hector

Post by hector »

And yes... thank you TC for getting a Leeds United team to play with confidence and flair for the early part of the season..

They truly were a joy to watch....... until they weren't
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Such a great shame that he couldn't have been a bit more forceful with the undisciplined players who caused us to finish games with 10 men.
I watched the Notts Forest game on NYD from a pub in Shrewsbury and Leeds got compliments from some of the locals.
Some of the football we played in those early games was sublime and I will regret for a long time that he couldn't seem to perpetuate the high press that was initially so successful.

I agree radebe, thank you TC for showing us a glimpse of what it would be like to have our team back in high gear.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:48 pm I agree not his fault.... He needs more experience than he has at the moment... which is why I said his current level... He may well be good enough one day, just not yet.
I asked the question to a few fans on our journey home :

What can Hecky do ?

The main gripe was not starting our top goalscorer Lassoga but apart from that we all seemed lost for ideas what he can do to start winning football matches :duno:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Thank you TC, you were a better coach then people probably realised :(

His coaching even seemed to make Kalvin Phillips, Eunan O'Kane and Liam Cooper look like actual footballers at times

Still no idea how he managed to get this shower of brown stuff playing the football they did at times. Lovely football, slick, incisive, exciting.

Forest, Sunderland.

But top sides like, Fulham early season, we'd won that but for a wrongly disallowed goal. Boro, took them to bits, Bristol City, Derby 1st half, should have been 3 or 4 up. Even Wolves, well on top 2nd half till Vieira got sent off. Villa, far the better side, should have won that.

IN fact if you look at the table, we outplayed 6 of the top 7 at times this season, apart from Cardiff TC had us playing great football against all the teams in the top 7 :(

Now we hoof it forward :verysad: :verysad: :verysad: :verysad: :verysad: :verysad:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The trouble is that when defending PH you just have to look at the effect a proper manager like Tony Pulis has had at Middlesborough. He has got the same team that was underperforming under Monk and suddenly they are winning matches and look a certainty for at least a play-off place.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Pulis is a much better manager all round, than most in this division
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"