Wolves

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Re: Wolves

Post by Gurj » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:17 pm

Cjay wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:18 pm
I spend time reading Wolves forum and know some Wolves fans. Think im sick of hearing how awesome they are :lol:

They are very good but this is a poor Championship and teams have done better in more competitive seasons.

As for us past caring this season.
Try living amongst many of them mate. No fun at all. One of my best mates is a home and away ST Holder, he's a pain in the backside right now BUT as he says, let us enjoy it, like Leeds they have had some real dark days over the years so I wont begrudge him gloating, well not too much.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!

Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:20 pm

1964white wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:38 pm
Of course they are Gurj

Great point :tup: they rarely wasted a ball, move the ball quickly & attack with pace. At one stage on one of their breaks they had six attackers against three defenders breaking into our box, a missed opportunity on that occasion. How often do you see six of our lot attacking like that ? we are far too slow & sluggish to break in their half let alone their box to create a scoring chance !
Our passing is so pedestrian in comparison, so true Leon. But it all boils down to movement off the ball, so many of our guys are static, ambling around waiting for a pass to come to them rather than making space for it like they were last night. Unfortunately, I doubt PH is the right guy to instill that kind of football and we dont have the class of player to do it anyway even if he could do it !
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!

Cjay
Manager
Manager

Post by Cjay » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:49 pm

https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index.php?threads/201898/

Wolves fans having an absolute fit, understandably. Radz shouldnt have done what he did.

But agents make money off players when they sell them right?

So Mendes is making money when he convinces a client to join Wolves (lets be fair, Neves,Nuno, Costa, Jota and co wouldnt be at Wolves if Mendes didnt encourage it, billionaire owners or not). So Mendes is crucial to the ownership at Wolves, rich owners guarantee nothing, rich owners with the most powerful agent in the world however, different story.

So Mendes's company makes money, which is fine, but the owners of Wolves own a share in that company so dont they make money themselves?

Mendes makes money off the gross income of his clients, but he also takes a percentage of the transfer fee, not just him but thats apparently how it works. So if Wolves buy Jota for £14,000,000, then pay him £50k a week for on a 4 year contract thats £10million roughly, if Mendes takes 1% of each thats £250khe makes of that deal roughly.

So in effect Fosun are paying themselves £250k because they are shareholders in the agency that Mendes started?
Or in a round about way are they paying Mendes for his services which although technically not against the rules would probably fall into a grey area?
Or by owning even a small stake in Gestifute doesnt that mean they own a small part of these players which could fall foul of 3rd party ownership maybe?

I dont get it, its such a confusing thing. the only facts are.
1) Fosun have a stake in the company of Jorge Mendes.
2)Fosun own Wolves fc
3) Fosun have been advised by Mendes since the very start, they are open about this
4) a number of players and staff represented by Gestifute now are at Wolves. There 4 best players plus there manager.
5) Mendes isnt on the Wolves payroll
6) Paul Lambert expressed concerns over the influence Mendes had at Wolves after he left.

If Mendes isnt on the Wolves payroll then technically they havent done anything wrong.
But, as above described could it be argued he is on the Wolves payroll just by indirect means?
Last edited by Cjay on Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cjay
Manager
Manager

Post by Cjay » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:50 pm

Gurj wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:17 pm
Try living amongst many of them mate. No fun at all. One of my best mates is a home and away ST Holder, he's a pain in the backside right now BUT as he says, let us enjoy it, like Leeds they have had some real dark days over the years so I wont begrudge him gloating, well not too much.
No no i dont begrudge them this, dont begrudge them being angry either.

If it was us then id be furious to. And delighted with how the season has gone.

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:05 pm

Gurj wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:20 pm
Our passing is so pedestrian in comparison, so true Leon. But it all boils down to movement off the ball, so many of our guys are static, ambling around waiting for a pass to come to them rather than making space for it like they were last night. Unfortunately, I doubt PH is the right guy to instill that kind of football and we dont have the class of player to do it anyway even if he could do it !
I loss count how many times Phillips & Lassoga didn't move to the ball. It is so frustrating when you see the opposition running off the ball into good positions & we amble around like a bunch of lemons

The football Wolves & Middlesbro' played is on a different planet to what we are capable of producing or shall i say incapable !!!!!

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:35 am

Last night's 3-0 victory for Wolves over Reading just goes to show the difference between us & them after being battered at Villa last Saturday. Top teams have a certain resilience to overcome a bad defeat

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:48 am

1964white wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:35 am
Last night's 3-0 victory for Wolves over Reading just goes to show us the difference between us & them after being battered at Villa last Saturday. Top teams have a certain resilience to overcome a bad defeat
Also shows how sh*t Reading are and by all accounts we could have been 3 or 4-0 down before we scored against them. Worrying times indeed.
Senor El Weasel

Clacton White
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Clacton White » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:11 am

1964white wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:59 pm
Have to admit I wouldn't have picked them. Two of the poorest footballers I've witnessed in a long time
O'FK is probably the worst ever to lace Leeds boots . Non performance after non performance consistently every time .