Players to go.......

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Players to go.......

Post by weasel »

I still don't think we are that far away - again though it is a case of replacing Green, Bartley and Wood. If we had done that we'd have been okay.

GK - new one needed
RB Ayling/Berardi - not a problem there
LB Pearce / DeBock - jury out on both - and we need to see them both get games not Anita
CB Jannson - If not sold then not a problem
CB - new one needed - fine to see the back of Cooper, Pennington and Shuagnessy although no problem with Shaugnessy going out on loan
CM - Forshaw & Vieira - no problem there with KP and maybe Klich to provide competition
AM - Saiz with Hernandez as cover - no problem there
Wings - Alioski and Hernandez with Roofe, Dallas & Ekuban providing cover - no problem there
FW new one needed with Ekuban and Roofe providing cover

The squad isn't bad it just need a GK, CB and CF (and possibly left back). If we'd have got those right then this season we'd have been top 6 maybe even pushing for automatic. We didn't and we go into next season needing those positions to be sorted. Elsewhere there isn't a problem, yes players will have dips in form but overall it isn't a bad side. It needs a better manager because we are much better than we are currently showing.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I would like to see Ekuban start hitting the net before the season is out.... Just doesn't look like scoring atm
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

Gandalf wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:21 pm f**k me - your true colours coming out now, and your lack of football knowledge. Gregan couldn't run, and couldn't turn. All he could do was pull shirts, foul and bully people. Him and Butler were possibly the worst pairing I had the displeasure to watch in 55 years of following Leeds. The bit in bold, I admit, you got right. Watching those two against a 17 year old Theo Walcott, was like the dictionary definition of "Unfair". I think I'd rather have Popey and Hay as a centre half pairing.
You've proved my point.

I liked the Gregan and Kilgallon partnership.

Butler was okay in his first two seasons, then he was finished. I think he played against us for Chester and had a nightmare.

But if Gregan and Butler were so bad how come we finished 5th and got to the play-off final? I guess you think Blackwell was useless, too.