Leeds v Wolves - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds v Wolves - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by John in Louisiana »

1964white wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:00 pm In our Leeds Correct Score/Scorers topic on the Ptedictions Forum

7 out of 8 predicted so far have gone for a Wolves victory
And I predicted a Leeds win only because I always predict a Leeds win, regardless of what my brain tells me the outcome will likely be.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Shows how low expectations under Hecky are.

Wolves arent in sparkling form now either, they were when we played them last time.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Preseason and Thomas coming in we set everything up to play 4-2-3-1 and we have "some" of the better players for that formation. Now we have PH and he wants to play 4-4-2 or a slight variation of that formation and he is trying to force players into positions that are not capable of, Hernandez is a prime example being played as a wide left player. I don't see an improvement if I am honest, not apart from Saiz coming back into the team and that improvement has nothing to do with PH and his coaching ability
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

If i am courageous enough i might watch the match from behind the sofa :shock:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

He may have tried 442 v Brentford, can't remember but he started one up front v Middleborough
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Richard wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:19 pm Preseason and Thomas coming in we set everything up to play 4-2-3-1 and we have "some" of the better players for that formation. Now we have PH and he wants to play 4-4-2 or a slight variation of that formation and he is trying to force players into positions that are not capable of, Hernandez is a prime example being played as a wide left player. I don't see an improvement if I am honest, not apart from Saiz coming back into the team and that improvement has nothing to do with PH and his coaching ability
If Hecky intends to start Saiz, Hernandez & Alioski surely he can't play 4-4-2 Richard ?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:04 pm He may have tried 442 v Brentford, can't remember but he started one up front v Middleborough
Started one up front v Brentford too mate
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think there was one game we started 442, and I guess he's allowed to experiment? So no idea what all this 442 stuff is about
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:16 pm I think there was one game we started 442, and I guess he's allowed to experiment? So no idea what all this 442 stuff is about
Bristol City Faaip

Lassoga & Ekuban.....didn't work
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 either way Hernandez is not a wide player. The simple question to ask is... Is Hernandez better than Saiz if not then no Hernandez shouldn’t be squeezed in.

I’d like to see us try 3-5-2 Ekuban and Lasogga up front. Forshaw in the middle with Hernandez and Phillips wing backs Dallas and De Bock

I guess I’m grasping at straws because 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 I can’t see us winning many games, something needs to change
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

There very cross on the Wolves forum, something about clubs reporting them about Mendes or something i dunno.

I mean, he must be getting paid from both sides, he is an advisor, do they pay him for that? Fosun part own his company or something, fair enough but if he is employed as an advisor and they part own his business then he cant be an impartial advisor.

So he is directing his clients to Wolves, because it is in his interests and in the interests of his business partner who may or may not be paying him for his advice and they paying him again as he is an agent of a client.

How is this not a conflict of interests which is against the rules?

Unless he is giving other clubs a fair crack at his clients and trying to get the best deals for them which is his job. IN which case why have Neves and co ended up at Wolves? no offence but couldnt he find a better deal for his clients then 2nd tier football.

And on a simple level there is a rule that clearly states "intermediaries shall not have a stake in a club" and then another that says something like " a club shall not have a business stake in an intermediaries business or affairs". An intermediary includes agents.

Not that fussed since our season has gone down the pan, but its a strange situation, shows how dodgy the fit and proper thing is.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:26 pm There very cross on the Wolves forum, something about clubs reporting them about Mendes or something i dunno.

I mean, he must be getting paid from both sides, he is an advisor, do they pay him for that? Fosun part own his company or something, fair enough but if he is employed as an advisor and they part own his business then he cant be an impartial advisor.

So he is directing his clients to Wolves, because it is in his interests and in the interests of his business partner who may or may not be paying him for his advice and they paying him again as he is an agent of a client.

How is this not a conflict of interests which is against the rules?

Unless he is giving other clubs a fair crack at his clients and trying to get the best deals for them which is his job. IN which case why have Neves and co ended up at Wolves? no offence but couldnt he find a better deal for his clients then 2nd tier football.

And on a simple level there is a rule that clearly states "intermediaries shall not have a stake in a club" and then another that says something like " a club shall not have a business stake in an intermediaries business or affairs". An intermediary includes agents.

Not that fussed since our season has gone down the pan, but its a strange situation, shows how dodgy the fit and proper thing is.
They'll be fine, if you look at the rules you'll only find those infringements in the section labelled "Unless it's Leeds United"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Wolves are without midfielder Ruben Neves, who is serving a two-match ban.
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

1964white wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:04 pm Wolves are without midfielder Ruben Neves, who is serving a two-match ban.
Unfortunately after seeing the Middlesbrough game I can only see a comfortable Wolves win hopefully I'm wrong though
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

1964white wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:11 pm Started one up front v Brentford too mate
There were times at the start of the game where Saiz was ahead of Lasogga, it was a bit ridiculous really. He started to drop a bit deeper later on, but we never got him on the ball enough until we scored.

It was definitely 4-2-3-1 against Derby and we looked better for it, even though we didn't play that well.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I have not put much thought into the spine of this weeks team.
This is the best I can come up with.
Goalkeeper:
Defence:
Midfield:
Attack:
Last edited by rab_rant on Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Signed them up now :-D
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

At least you wouldn't be able to nutmeg Dinklage
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I'm going for a 2-2 draw :shock:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I don't know whether I dare watch this match....are you going to the game 64?