Paul Heckingbottom

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Heckingbottoms Nonsense Mistakes

Post by Clive » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:03 pm

1964white wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:34 pm

I was hoping for a more high profile coach, unfortunately due to the DOF employed we are limited to whom we can employ. Do you think Bruce, Hughes, Pulis, Big Sam would want the Leeds job ?
The answer is no as they are their own man, not a owners puppet

Boro have moved into the top six now with Pulis in charge, one of those managers who wouldn't work under our current regime. Boro have a far better squad than we have at ER, they have 12 goals striker sitting on their bench.
You didn't complain when Heckingbottom came, though. You were on here defending him and talking him up, and of course you weren't the only one.

Why can everyone protest about a badge but not a rubbish manager?

As I said, if the fans demand a top manager then the owner has to provide the right conditions for them to work in.

Heckingbottom is so bad that they're wishing for the guy Boro got rid of.

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:13 pm

Clive wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:03 pm
You didn't complain when Heckingbottom came, though. You were on here defending him and talking him up, and of course you weren't the only one
He had just walked through the door & I was prepared to give him a chance, yes it's looking a poor appointment but until we employ a top manager there's not a lot you or I can do to change things
Clive wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:03 pm
Why can everyone protest about a badge but not a rubbish manager
I have little interest in the badge, the whole scenario was to deflect the lack of quality activity in the transfer window. I'm more concerned what we have on the pitch

Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:18 pm

1964white wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:50 pm
We've had one bad owner after another. I never fell for Radz & all the adulation our fanbase gave him from day one

No chance of me ceasing watching Leeds, I've endured the last 15 years of rubbish & supported my team since 1964 so I'm not going to stop now.

Unlike the newbies that have filled the East Stand & disappeared out of the ground with 20 minutes to go us hardened fans who are use to losing stick it out to the bitter end, it's called proper support

See you at Reading....or maybe not :lol:
It's not proper support at all.

It's called being a mug.

You don't like the owner, you don't like the players, you don't like the manager, so what are you supporting exactly?

This owner even wanted us to have a stupid badge!

So all you're supporting really is a name. All these owners are doing is buying a name and using that to make money out of fans like you who will support that name no matter what.

I grew up supporting a club with an identity, there were good times and there were bad times, but there was an identity, a sense of purporse, a desire to progress.

The fans need to call for that identity, to call for progress, not just turn up for the sake of it and make excuses for knobhead from Barnsley who couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag.

Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:21 pm

1964white wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:13 pm
He had just walked through the door & I was prepared to give him a chance, yes it's looking a poor appointment but until we employ a top manager there's not a lot you or I can do to change things

I have little interest in the badge, the whole scenario was to deflect the lack of quality activity in the transfer window. I'm more concerned what we have on the pitch
Protest!

Go mad!

Demand a top manager!

I've seen this forum quoted in the i newspaper.

Be a strong voice against Heckingbottom and for a higher standard of manager and it will get noticed.

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:27 pm

radebe88 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:11 pm
Considering new managers usually have a honeymoon period this is even more poor than it looks. More importantly we look worse as a team with less bottle and no plan
I wouldn't have minded us losing all the matches if there was a sign of improvement a sign of any plans starting to work or of the players looking like they were about to turn a corner.
Senor El Weasel

becchio bear
Queen of Quotes
Queen of Quotes
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:29 pm

Clive wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:35 pm
This is what I mean.
What do you mean "This is what I mean"? :bear:

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:31 pm

1964white wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:13 pm

Suggested this as a conspiracy theory not long after.

With Radz and his deflective tactics it doesnt look so far fetched now :(

Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Heckingbottom Out!

Post by Clive » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:32 pm

gessa wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:07 am
Tbf Clive I don't see anyone defending him, most said they didn't want him here but he is here and will wait and see if he can deliver, give him a chance.
It takes a strong character to get protests and the like going. I reckon you're the man for it.
Why does he deserve a chance?

Does anyone deserve a chance to manage Leeds?

If I started a petition to get Heckingbottom sacked would you sign it, or not sign it because he hasn't had a chance?

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:36 pm

Clive wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:57 pm
And yet you'll put up with this clueless arsehole
This language is shocking and offensive but 100% right!!!
Senor El Weasel

Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:41 pm

becchio bear wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:29 pm
What do you mean "This is what I mean"? :bear:
You talked Grayson up and ran down Warnock.

gessa
Superstar
Superstar

Post by gessa » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:21 am

Clive wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:32 pm

If I started a petition to get Heckingbottom sacked would you sign it, or not sign it because he hasn't had a chance?
I meant people will give him a chance because he's here and there's not much they can do about it.

Get it started I'll sign it. Doubt you will though.

Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:29 am

gessa wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:21 am
I meant people will give him a chance because he's here and there's not much they can do about it.

Get it started I'll sign it. Doubt you will though.
They can, they can sign a petition.

It worked for the badge.

I didn't start the petition against the badge, why hasn't the person who started that started one?

If you want to sign one, why don't you start one?

gessa
Superstar
Superstar

Post by gessa » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:40 am

Clive wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:29 am
They can, they can sign a petition.

It worked for the badge.

I didn't start the petition against the badge, why hasn't the person who started that started one?

If you want to sign one, why don't you start one?
But they can't sign something that isn't there.
Because I'm not the one that keeps going on about the badge petition and asking why one hasn't been started about the manager, that's your obsession.

danhirons
First Team
First Team

Post by danhirons » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:04 am

Petition to get rid of the manager 😂

1964white

Post by 1964white » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:30 am

I suspect Clive was at the front of the queue with his banners & protest to out Cellino :roflmao:

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:34 am

Clive wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:32 pm

If he's been hired, yes and then no to the petition.
BPF - Beradi - Jansson - Forshaw - Cooper - Douglas - Hernandez - Klich - Saiz - Roofe - Clarke

"objective fan" - is that a consistent oxymoron?"

1964white

Re: Paul Heckingbottom on Pablo

Post by 1964white » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:56 pm

Heckingbottom on Hernandez's future: "He's been a real positive light. With his contract situation, it's something we want to make sure we get right and we want to give Pablo every opportunity to perform. The priority is keeping him fit, then we'll see what happens."

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:19 pm

1964white wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:56 pm
Heckingbottom on Hernandez's future: "He's been a real positive light. With his contract situation, it's something we want to make sure we get right and we want to give Pablo every opportunity to perform. The priority is keeping him fit, then we'll see what happens."
Pablo has been better all season then O'Kane, Phillips, Cooper, Sacko etc they got new contracts.

If he wants a contract give it him, stop stalling.

Fuming if he leaves in the summer because they wouldn't cough up. (said wage bill was to high and bet Pablo is a top earner). :(

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:25 pm

1964white wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:56 pm
Heck translator app:

I haven't managed to destroy his confidence yet so he is still playing well. Won't start him though as instead I will make another bizarre selection and have to make substitutions at half time.
Senor El Weasel

Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:57 pm

Cjay wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:19 pm
Pablo has been better all season then O'Kane, Phillips, Cooper, Sacko etc they got new contracts.

If he wants a contract give it him, stop stalling.

Fuming if he leaves in the summer because they wouldn't cough up. (said wage bill was to high and bet Pablo is a top earner). :(
Apparently, his wife has tweeted that they will be returning to Spain in the summer, after the birth of their child. A life choice, nothing to do with contracts.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!