Twitter/Leeds fan knocked over by a car after the game

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Twitter/Leeds fan knocked over by a car after the game

Post by 1964white »

One reason I rarely tweet on there anymore

Some goon tweeted that a Leeds fan was knocked down by a car & killed after the game on Elland Road last night. Fan on the dark side who witnessed the incident didn't believe the information was true saying he witnessed the accident which was horrific but wasn't sure of the condition of the poor fan

This led Radrizzani tweeting
Screenshot 2018-02-25 at 12.22.39.png
Screenshot 2018-02-25 at 12.22.39.png (180.87 KiB) Viewed 1039 times
Then Radz tweets
Screenshot 2018-02-25 at 12.29.33.png
Screenshot 2018-02-25 at 12.29.33.png (20.16 KiB) Viewed 1039 times
1964white

Re: Twitter/Leeds fan knocked over by a car after the game

Post by 1964white »

From the YEP

Police have appealed for witnesses after a "serious collision" took place outside Elland Road. Officers said the collision involved a red Ford Fiesta and a 52-year-old man on the A643 at around 4.50pm yesterday. West Yorkshire Police said: "A male pedestrian has sustained serious leg injuries and other superficial injuries after being struck by the vehicle. "It is requested that if there are any witnesses to the collision to contact the police." Leeds United fans took to social media after the club's 1-0 win over Brentford to discuss the "sad news" of what happened outside the stadium. Officers then released a statement shortly after midnight. Inspector Darren Brown, of West Yorkshire Police, today said that officers initially responded to a report of a man having a head injury, but he had actually broken his ankle. The man was treated in hospital. LUFC owner Andrea Radrizzani today tweeted: “Thank god the injuries to [the] fan in [an] accident outside the ground are not as severe as first suggested. “Still very painful, stays in our prayers. Get well soon!” Police are also requesting that if any drivers in the area at the time had "dash-cam" footage, or saw "the manner of the vehicle being driven", to make contact on 101 and speak with PC 6042 GIBSON, quoting collision reference 1318009269.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Isn't this the 3rd such incident this season, remember another bad one around Christmas/New year time
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:27 pm Isn't this the 3rd such incident this season, remember another bad one around Christmas/New year time
I hadn't heard that Ges but as I don't live in Leeds these days I don't hear much of the local news
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Some dickheads on twitter have reported that he had been killed.
Hope he makes a full recovery.
I walked past the car about 5.30 / 5.45. The windscreen was all caved in.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

I’m not surprised there aren’t more accidents after games as both drivers and pedestrians act without regard for anything or anyone else. I park at the bottom of Lowfields Rd and after each game some people drive like complete tw**s reaching probably 40mph up to Geldard Rd and the pedestrians walk down the middle, step out without looking, its like a scene from wacky races.
Hope the injured guy makes a speedy recovery.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:20 pm I’m not surprised there aren’t more accidents after games as both drivers and pedestrians act without regard for anything or anyone else. I park at the bottom of Lowfields Rd and after each game some people drive like complete tw**s reaching probably 40mph up to Geldard Rd and the pedestrians walk down the middle, step out without looking, its like a scene from wacky races.
Hope the injured guy makes a speedy recovery.
20 mph should be the maximum speed limit around ER or any football ground on match day & that is probably too fast in some circumstances Rich, too many people/kids in congested areas to be driving at such excessive speeds