Alioski, Roofe & O'Kane

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Alioski, Roofe & O'Kane

Post by 1964white »

Just spoken to my brother who lives in Dorset

His comments...."How can you win football matches with these three passengers in your team ? all three need to go, surely Heckingbottom has seen the problems"

Our kid is bang on :clape:
Durly
First Team
First Team

Re: Alioski, Roofe & O'Kane

Post by Durly »

Alioski and Roofe seem to play better with Saiz in the team (Alioski especially) but both seem hugely ineffective and Roofe especially, you wonder what he is actually for......

O'Kane seems to be shockingly short of form and a bit of a liability. I can't believe Ideguchi was bought and then just allowed to go to Cultural Mayonnaise for the rest of the season. He surely has to be worth a shot alongside Forshaw.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think CJay and I better steer clear of this thread.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:32 pm I think CJay and I better steer clear of this thread.
We all have our favourites & opinions mate

I know fans who can't stand Jansson & rarely give him any credit
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

I disagree with your brother re Alioski and Roofe but o'kane is shite imo. Alioski seems to be missing his soul mate Saiz. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Ali and Eunan both have had rave reviews at diffferent times this season. Clear ability in the two, confidence is down, both if coached well will perform.
Roofe, can pull a performance out the bag too, but Ali and Eunan both have ability
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

O'Kane is a poor mans Kilkenny. Roofe has a stack of talent as has Alioski.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

All three are lightweight & haven't deserved their starting place of late, it's no coincidence that we've gone on yet another losing run with Roofe & Alioski in the side contributing very little, it's like playing with nine men.
Also we are one of the smallest teams physically in the championship. Once our class small players Pablo, Samu & Berardi return there'll be no room for our lightweight out of form players to be included or else we'll be playing with a bunch of midgets against giants, boys v men !

Team should look like this :

Wiedwald

Berardi Jansson Pennington De Bock

Forshaw Phillips or Vieira

Hernandez Saiz Roberts or Ekuban

Lassoga
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:50 pm I disagree with your brother re Alioski and Roofe but o'kane is shite imo. Alioski seems to be missing his soul mate Saiz. :bear:
Thank god Saiz isn't out for the season :lol:

Heck won't stand for the nonsense of team selection we've endured since we got beat by bottom team (at the time) Birmingham back in December, pretty sure he'd have spotted our weaknesses after only one game in charge.....changes ahoy :hi5:
gessa

Post by gessa »

dezzy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:05 pm Ali and Eunan both have had rave reviews at diffferent times this season. Clear ability in the two, confidence is down, both if coached well will perform.
Roofe, can pull a performance out the bag too, but Ali and Eunan both have ability
O'Kane owed us yesterday after his stupid sending off, again he failed to deliver. Has to be dropped for Sunday, surely.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:55 pm Thank god Saiz isn't out for the season :lol:

Heck won't stand for the nonsense of team selection we've endured since we got beat by bottom team (at the time) Birmingham back in December, pretty sure he'd have spotted our weaknesses after only one game in charge.....changes ahoy :hi5:
Hope Saiz has learned his lesson and that spitting is not acceptable!! Alioski is good with Saiz. Roofe comes and goes but I see nothing good in O'Kane :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:01 pm Hope Saiz has learned his lesson and that spitting is not acceptable!! Alioski is good with Saiz. Roofe comes and goes but I see nothing good in O'Kane :bear:
Agree totally young lady Saiz's disgusting action was & is unacceptable

Btw sorry to hear about your mum, hope she feels better soon
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Made the point in Alioski's thread, he has played considerably more minutes then anyone else this season, I'm sure that's a factor. And he has assisted Saiz for 2 of his league goals, more then anyone else, they have a great understanding.

I'm not the biggest fan of Roofe, but he has had some great games to and obviously has something about him.

Those two are devoid of confidence imo, Ali has shown he can run with the ball and beat people, think he is just exhausted.

O'Kane i cant see what he does, even when he was getting MOTM votes i couldn't see why.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:45 pm All three are lightweight & haven't deserved their starting place of late, it's no coincidence that we've gone on yet another losing run with Roofe & Alioski in the side contributing very little, it's like playing with nine men.
Also we are one of the smallest teams physically in the championship. Once our class small players Pablo, Samu & Berardi return there'll be no room for our lightweight out of form players to be included or else we'll be playing with a bunch of midgets against giants, boys v men !

Team should look like this :

Wiedwald

Berardi Jansson Pennington De Bock

Forshaw Phillips or Vieira

Hernandez Saiz Roberts or Dallas

Lassoga
One spat at someone and got a 6 game ban, the other has been sent off twice, yet there on a pedestal.

Tbh i rate Saiz for all his faults, Berardi is just Kalvin Phillips at right back, all blood and thunder but limited talent.
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:55 pm Thank god Saiz isn't out for the season :lol:

Tbf mate, we've no idea what PH will or won't stand for yet. But his team selection on Sunday may make things clearer. A lot of managers talk a good game but it's their actions that make the difference. O'kane starts again and he already has a black mark.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

What's happened to Madgar Gomes ? ...

Don't know :duno:

Haven't heard he is injured, unsure if he is getting any games in the U21's or U23's
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

He's locked in a cupboard at Thorp Arch along with Amadou Haidara and Aapo Halme.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:35 pm Tbf mate, we've no idea what PH will or won't stand for yet. But his team selection on Sunday may make things clearer. A lot of managers talk a good game but it's their actions that make the difference. O'kane starts again and he already has a black mark.
Indeed :tup:

Thing is these players fool our managers when in training under no pressure at TA, performing in a competitive football match is a whole different ball game
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:44 pm He's locked in a cupboard at Thorp Arch along with Amadou Haidara and Aapo Halme
I wouldn't want throw in a 19yo CB in at the deep end right now

Pontus & Pennington were not a problem yesterday
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:15 pm Indeed :tup:

Thing is these players fool our managers when in training under no pressure at TA, performing in a competitive football match is a whole different ball game
They do but surely they must see how crap they are in games.