Paul Heckingbottom

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by The Subhuman »

Tom Pearce about to start then

Most of that seems reasonable apart for maybe the set piece question. Reading are better than their position it's probably just Stams negative football
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Re: Heckingbottoms Nonsense Mistakes

Post by Ronan »

Time to go Hecky.
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ronan wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:13 pm Time to go Hecky.
Can't see it making any difference to be honest

Which decent or available manager is gonna come to Leeds ?

Then there is our questionable squad, probably the worst I've witnessed in a long time
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:17 pm Can't see it making any difference to be honest

Then there is our questionable squad, probably the worst I've witnessed in a long time
Should have let TC stay to end of season...then decide.....Hecky i have to admit i don't warm to...I don't want him at Leeds....that's just how I feel....I would rather have had Steve Evans ffs !!! :shock:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

if Nigel clough or Roy keane step foot into Elland rd in any other capacity than T.V pundits I will never watch Leeds again :tdown:
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ronan wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:21 pm Should have let TC stay to end of season...then decide.....Hecky i have to admit i don't warm to...I don't want him at Leeds....that's just how I feel....I would rather have had Steve Evans ffs !!! :shock:
The managerial change hasn't made a difference, difficult to see where our next win is coming from tbh
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

The players need to take a long hard look at themselves as well. They're footballers. They should be able to tackle, dribble, shoot, cross etc etc. Last night it looked as though they had forgotten everything they'd ever learned in growing up. I know we talk about people in various positions, but they shouldn't have to be told how to do the basic stuff. Was it Matt Busby who used to tell his players to "just go oot and play fitbal" ( he was a Scot)
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Apart from the waffling, I don't think I've ever seen an interviewee fidget as much as Heckingbottom in that interview. It's like he had fleas.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

radebe88 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:11 pm Considering new managers usually have a honeymoon period this is even more poor than it looks. More importantly we look worse as a team with less bottle and no plan
Bit of a fallacy that, you could ask Gianfranco Zola and the 2 other Birmingham managers since Rowatt about a honeymoon period.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

HarryofOz wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:35 pm Apart from the waffling, I don't think I've ever seen an interviewee fidget as much as Heckingbottom in that interview. It's like he had fleas.
:lol: :lol: That's exactly what I thought when I saw the interview :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:17 pm Can't see it making any difference to be honest

Why do people keep saying stuff like this?

Why weren't you saying that when TC was here?

It was the same when Grayson was here, we were a complete shambles and everyone was saying we had to stick with him because no one else would come.

Then Warnock came! Warnock who had just won the league! Warnock who got two other teams out of this league. Warnock who is looking like getting another team out of this league.

And what happened? Everyone ran him down and hounded him out!

Freaky Brian came, was a total disaster and everyone lapped him up, protested his sacking, and then when he came back and things got even worse you'd hear the same things of having to stick with him because no one else would come.

Our fans get what they deserve.

If you don't ask for a top manager, and support them when they're here, and talk up useless ones, then you're gonna get useless ones and we're gonna struggle.

You're never gonna get the perfect manager, but the likes of Grayson, McDermott, Redfearn and Heckingbottom just cause total chaos because they have egos they can't back up.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:10 pm The managerial change hasn't made a difference, difficult to see where our next win is coming from tbh
It has made a difference, it's made things much worse.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:32 pm The players need to take a long hard look at themselves as well. They're footballers. They should be able to tackle, dribble, shoot, cross etc etc. Last night it looked as though they had forgotten everything they'd ever learned in growing up. I know we talk about people in various positions, but they shouldn't have to be told how to do the basic stuff. Was it Matt Busby who used to tell his players to "just go oot and play fitbal" ( he was a Scot)
If you get a bad manager in a shop or an office people are understanding and forgiving, it's just the same in football.

Players are human beings, you can't expect them to perform when they're being messed about by an out of his depth loser.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

beer belly bert wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:39 pm if Nigel clough or Roy keane step foot into Elland rd in any other capacity than T.V pundits I will never watch Leeds again :tdown:
And yet you'll put up with this clueless arsehole who openly stated that he hates Leeds?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

radebe88 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:11 pm Considering new managers usually have a honeymoon period this is even more poor than it looks. More importantly we look worse as a team with less bottle and no plan
That was actually Barnsley results not sure if youd seen, not ours. We have won 2 points more under Hecky then we did in TCs last 5. league games.

But i suppose the counter to that is we played the entire 2nd half with 10 men twice, and ten minutes of the 1st plus the 2nd half with 10 men once. And against Millwall we showed exceptional heart and im confident with 11 we would have won that.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clive wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:54 pm It has made a difference, it's made things much worse.
2 points from Chistiansen's last 6 games

5 points from Hecky's first 6 games

So as I said not much difference Clive
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:58 pm That was actually Barnsley results not sure if youd seen, not ours. We have won 2 points more under Hecky then we did in TCs last 5. league games.

But i suppose the counter to that is we played the entire 2nd half with 10 men twice, and ten minutes of the 1st plus the 2nd half with 10 men once. And against Millwall we showed exceptional heart and im confident with 11 we would have won that.
So our discipline had improved then :roflmao:
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:59 pm 2 points from Chistiansen's last 6 games

5 points from Hecky's first 6 games

So as I said not much difference Clive
What about the 6 games before?

Can you see us winning 5 and drawing 1 out of 6 under Heckingbottom?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:01 pm So our discipline had improved then :roflmao:
Yes i will give you that, we arent having as many sendings off, yay Paul 500k well spent :roflmao: :roflmao:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clive wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:56 pm If you get a bad manager in a shop or an office people are understanding and forgiving, it's just the same in football.

Players are human beings, you can't expect them to perform when they're being messed about by an out of his depth loser.
Tbf Clive they haven't performed for long periods over the season

I still believe this is one of the worst soft-bellied squads I've seen in a long time