Paul Heckingbottom

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by Cjay »

Looks to have lead Sheffield United to promotion.

Will be interesting to see how they do.

Won't have the 2nd most expensive squad next season.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Squad cost doesn't mean much. If it did Chelsea would be top of the prem

Still takes a good manager to manage a good squad and he's had two very good years. He'll need luck though next season to avoid the drop. I liked him as a maneger at ER, decent appointment for me, but very happy he gave way to the legendary Bielsa though..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:02 pm Squad cost doesn't mean much. If it did Chelsea would be top of the prem

Still takes a good manager to manage a good squad and he's had two very good years. He'll need luck though next season to avoid the drop. I liked him as a maneger at ER, decent appointment for me, but very happy he gave way to the legendary Bielsa though..
We disagree strongly on Hecky (as you know)

And weirdly his standing on Sheffield United forum is quite mixed which seems odd given his record in the Championship

But must have done something right

Will be interesting to see what happens.

They are like us in takeover limbo.

And there 2 best players are apparently both expected to leave for big moves this summer.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:16 pm We disagree strongly on Hecky (as you know)

And weirdly his standing on Sheffield United forum is quite mixed which seems odd given his record in the Championship

But must have done something right

Will be interesting to see what happens.

They are like us in takeover limbo.

And there 2 best players are apparently both expected to leave for big moves this summer.
If some SU fans are s**tting on Heckingbottom they probably have a suspect mentality or they don't want promotion. The argument for Hecks time here hinges on your opinion of TC who I thought was s**t. If you were TC truther then Heck was a poor appointment who did f**k all. If you think TC was a self appointed ego maniac who had more interest in looking good for the camara than training his players (something Klich called him out for) and left the squad demoralised, angry and massively unfit (as I do) then I appreciate the work done by Heck to move the squad to a point which gave Bielsa a fast start

Heck never got a pre season, didn't get a transfer window.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

I wonder if he's having a little snigger at our predicament after getting promotion
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:02 pm Squad cost doesn't mean much. If it did Chelsea would be top of the prem

I think you and I were the only ones to say anything good about Hecky faaip. I was shot down in flames straight away by someone who is no longer on this forum (unless by any other name ). I wanted success for the young English manager but we all know the history. He's done a great job at blades, its very possible he might just take our place in the Premier League. I'm sure that would give him the utmost vindication....
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Tyzy wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:58 pm I wonder if he's having a little snigger at our predicament after getting promotion
He wouldn't be human if he wasn't. He will be hoping to swap places with us....I know I would in his shoes