Andrea Radrizzani 'apology'

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Andrea Radrizzani 'apology'

Post by 1964white »

LevLeeds wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:41 am
One thing I dont understand is all the Orta battering,,, I dont get it? The players that he bought in imo have actually done that bad at all. Well the ones that have played anyway,

O'Kane - Steady head in the middle of the park. Good addition (Could be wrong but he was a Orta signing correct?)
O'Kane was signed by Monk in August 2016 Lev

Only Saiz & Forshaw have established themselves with consistent performances, yes the others could significantly improve, there is definitely more goals to come from Lassoga
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Well said Lev
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Post by LevLeeds »

1964white wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:20 am O'Kane was signed by Monk in August 2016 Lev
Jaysus, time flys when ya having fun eh!
gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:27 pm I agree there.

Think Radz is listening to Orta to much.

Orta-"Tell you what Radz, we sign lots of young lads on the cheap in a few years we sell for huge cash".

Radz- " But what about the 1st team"

Orta-" Its fine we have spent enough there".

Radz- "Its good enough for top 6?

Orta-" Absolutely, a good manager will get top 6".

Thats how i imagine the conversation went.
He did say that he wantrd to sack TC early January but Orta said give him one more game and one more and one more and one more, then I had to take control and not listen to Victor, or words to that effect. I got from that, he's not happy with Orta either.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

LevLeeds wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:34 am Jaysus, time flys when ya having fun eh!
It does mate, last year I was just turned 50 now I'm 64 :lol:
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Personally, I thought some of the words he used in he's interview with YEP were completely unnecessary and totally demeaning of a guy (TC) who had tried he's best for the club. Ultimately, he's best wasnt good enough, but I have absolutely no doubts that he gave all he had. The comments by Radz demonstrated a total lack of class and humility - you have just sacked the guy, there is no reason to throw him under the bus and then stick a knife in to make sure he's gone !!
Very disappointed tbh as this type of attack is something I would have expected from Bates and Cellino but thought Radz was a level above.........clearly he may not be !
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:02 am Personally, I thought some of the words he used in he's interview with YEP were completely unnecessary and totally demeaning of a guy (TC) who had tried he's best for the club. Ultimately, he's best wasnt good enough, but I have absolutely no doubts that he gave all he had. The comments by Radz demonstrated a total lack of class and humility - you have just sacked the guy, there is no reason to throw him under the bus and then stick a knife in to make sure he's gone !!
Very disappointed tbh as this type of attack is something I would have expected from Bates and Cellino but thought Radz was a level above.........clearly he may not be !
Ruthless & cowardly to a certain extent Gurj :tup:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

The universe is made of spirals, spiral galaxies, spiral DNA
If you look for spirals you will find them everywhere. The
latest to be spotted in the downward spiral at Leeds United
The fans are in a spin, loving that spin they are in.
They have really got the bit between their teeth now
First it was the Crest that was just for starters.
The it was the sacking of TC and the hiring of WhatTheHeck
That was an unexpected and generous main course
and for desert they are digging into Radrizzani.
As Chas and Dave said "There ain't no pleasing you"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/02/08/le ... -comments/

Think Radz sounds a bit rattled.

For a man whose PR has been very good he hasnt done so well recently.

Imagine his bosses arent happy :roll:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Cjay wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:19 pm Always thought he wasnt the main man, there is someone in the background imo, would explain our Aspire links and such, fair enough.

He is a businessman, he isnt a supremely wealthy one that we know off, sold some of his business , valued at 1bill apparently, so maybe he made few hundred mill there. But he said he had invested £100mill in us already, doesnt strike me as someone who has that sort of cash?

Think he has been badly advised since he arrived, think the interview was well meaning, but poorly done, came across as a bit of a snake.

Dont like the nagging question, who really is running Leeds?

Is it Radz, is it Orta, or is it these silent partners that many suspect exist and the media have alluded to in the past?
Seems to be a bit of a theme emerging in recent dealings.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Whole thing came across as lacking a bit of class really, no need to air your dirty linen in such a public fashion. Interesting insights to the process but not enhanced the image of the club one bit. From early dealings where things were done efficiently and behind closed doors we seem to be losing our way a bit at the top, maybe this football club ownership bit is not as easy as Radz thought! Suppose he needs a bit of time to adapt as well if we're being charitable.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

It's hilarious really ..the fans get what they demand and now they don't like it. I'm with Rab...damned if you don't damned if you do.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Post by LevLeeds »

faaip wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:10 am It's hilarious really ..the fans get what they demand and now they don't like it. I'm with Rab...damned if you don't damned if you do.

:lol: :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Radrizzani on the U18/U23's

“The Under-18s are doing very well this year,” he said. “The 23s are learning. It’s under construction but it’s developing and the manager, Carlos, is very passionate about his job. He’s a talented coach. “We’ve been criticised about the number of foreign players in the Under-23s and as a club we want to give priority to players coming from near the club and near Leeds. Our priority in the future is to be very strong locally, in this territory, but this year was year zero. “We needed to bring in a lot of players and it was not easy to find good ones (in England). And it’s nothing bad to have a mix between a good local core and integrate them with an international addition.”

There are English clubs, of which Chelsea are the best example, who use good academy players as a revenue stream and a way of combating Financial Fair Play (FFP) limits. Radrizzani said the influx at Leeds was aimed predominantly at producing first-team players rather than earning the club future transfer fees. Phil Hay: The hand Heckingbottom’s been dealt at Leeds United is far from perfect “I wish to have another Kalvin Phillips, another Ronaldo (Vieira) coming up to the first-team squad. That’s what I wish every year, one or two players from the Under-23s or the Under-18s,” he said. Radrizzani gave a pointed response to the comments made by Harte, who said after a 2-2 draw between Leeds and Birmingham City last week that “all I could hear was Spanish been spoken by players and manager.” Leeds defended themselves at the time by saying that nine members of Corberan’s 16-man squad were either British or Irish.

“We as a club give him a lot of respect and he’s always welcome in our stadium,” Radrizzani said. “We treat him with kindness and we expect that when he has something to say to help the club to improve, it’s better he comes here to my office and shares his ideas rather than do this publicly. “It’s not the right way to help the club I think. It’s not acceptable in my opinion. He needs to decide what he wants to do.” Radrizzani also attempted to shed light on Leeds’ recent link-up with Qatar’s Aspire Academy, the state-of-the-art and expensively-funded facility which is intended to develop the country’s up-and-coming athletes. Aspire is run by Leeds board member Ivan Bravo, a long-time friend of Radrizzani’s, and United claimed when the tied-up was announced on January 3 that they were “joining a network which features some of the biggest and best clubs in Europe.” Radrizzani Exclusive Pt 3: Leeds United will find a crest ‘everybody will like’ The Qatari facility is used by numerous European sides for warm weather training camps and has been spoken of highly by a number of prominent personalities, including Xavi and Frank De Boer. Its actual network of controlled clubs, though, is considerably smaller, featuring Cultural Leonesa – the Spanish second division outfit where Leeds have already sent two midfielders on loan – and Belgian club Eupen. To date is has not clear what United stand to gain from their relationship with Aspire or what academy track record it actually has. “It gives the possibility to the club, which I think is a great opportunity, to be linked to an academy which is probably the best in the world in terms of facilities and knowledge,” Radrizzani said. “We haven’t used it much but we have an opportunity to send our injured players to recover in Aspetar, the medical sports centre of Aspire and one of the best in the world. Also we can use Aspire to send our players to play international youth tournaments, to get more experience and play against big teams. “We have our strategy and our objective. They (Aspire) will bring eventually some exchange of know-how with our coaches and we will do the same. We will send ours there to learn and we will send our teams to play tournaments in Aspire. “For sure we have a great history but we also need to be open minded about what happens in the world and to educate our players in an international mindset.” Qatar’s influence in European football has never been greater and its money is driving the ambition of Paris St Germain. Radrizzani, however, insisted the Aspire connection had given neither the academy not the country influence over operations at Elland Road. “No, not at all,” he said. “We are fully autonomous and independent. There is one decision-maker.”
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

LevLeeds wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:41 am I agree with him, TC was a mistake, he should never have been appointed in the first place. I respect him for owning up to his mistakes and apologizing to the fans. I can however agree on some level it could have been worded a little better as it did sound a little disrespectful, maybe its a cultural or language difference., I don't know.

One thing I dont understand is all the Orta battering,,, I dont get it? The players that he bought in imo have actually done that bad at all. Well the ones that have played anyway,

Siaz - Signing speaks for its self.
Alioski - Impressive first season so far, many MOTM performances including goals of the month awards
Lassoga - Okay bit of a lump and slow but scored some goals.
Forshaw - Early days but feedback is a very good player and better that what we have now and previous.
O'Kane - Steady head in the middle of the park. Good addition (Could be wrong but he was a Orta signing correct?)
Grot - Promising player for the future, hes 19 and stuck in first team to early
Cibiski - When played looks a talented young player, good passer and crosser of the ball
Ekuban - I rate this lad very highly, I think he will be excellent player in the future
Roberts - Again a player for the future, adimtted I know little about this fella.
Klich - No idea never given a decent chance in the side to prove himself.

So in a nut shell he has actually imo brought in some very good additions to the squad, I honestly don't think TC was the best man to bring out the best in these players. The only thing I will be critical of Orta for is the Goal keeper and Defensive situation. This was never addressed the way it should have been, but he is not at fault for the current suspensions list, lack of desire to play football, poor tactics, and substitutions TC made. I honestly still don't think TC knew his best formation and starting 11 now.
I have always said that regardless of who makes the signings they will all be gambles to some degree especially given that in the main we are trying to get players on the cheap as either players who have lost their way a bit, Saiz and Lasogga, or players who look to have a bit of potential but haven't reached it yet, Alioski & Grot. As such for me the jury is out on Orta's signings until at least next year as a lot will need to acclimatise before hopefully finding their way and playing to their best.

I think the biggest criticism of Orta though is that he failed to adequately address the huge areas of concern that all the fans could see which was replacing Bartley and Wood. Especially with replacing Wood there was less room to gamble. For all Lasogga's strong points he was and still is a huge gamble in a position where we really need to get someone in who would have been the consistent goal scorer that Wood was last year. Likewise in the centreback position we lost Bartley and simply replaced him with the guy who wasn't good enough to shift him from the team last season. As such in those 2 key areas we significantly downgraded. I have often made the point that last season without Wood we would have been midtable at best - and guess what without him this season we are heading towards midtable (as such maybe TC overachieved especially early on). Orta put all of TC's eggs in 1 basket by not signing a proven striker and whilst Lasogga, Ekuban (although he seems more of a TC signing as he had been scouted by TC's former club) and the youngsters may all come good that was of little use to TC this season and as TC is being judged on this season then Orta rightly has to take the short term blame too.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:10 am It's hilarious really ..the fans get what they demand and now they don't like it. I'm with Rab...damned if you don't damned if you do
Yes Faaip we have got what we wanted bu it's incorrect procedure to kick people in the stomach when they are down.

Just thank him for his work & wish him the best......and move on !
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Yet the fans were singing You don't know what you're doing...He's walked away with a very decent payoff I'd imagine. Probably taken out of context and English isn't his first language ...basically I don't care and as I posted on waccoe

"Thanks Rads, you didn't need to apologise, it was a mistake but keep up the good work "
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:31 pm Yet the fans were singing You don't know what you're doing...He's walked away with a very decent payoff I'd imagine. Probably taken out of context and English isn't his first language ...basically I don't care and as I posted on waccoe

"Thanks Rads, you didn't need to apologise, it was a mistake but keep up the good work "
Have to say I never feel sorry for sacked managers as they are well compensated & generally walk into another job with ease when they are ready