List & Odds for Next Leeds Manager

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: List & Odds for Next Leeds Manager

Post by fred »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:51 pm SKY just reported same live from Elland Road. Weird, he only signed an extension to his contract on Friday but has a release clause.....apparently Leeds are keen to activate it. Reporting he could be in place for training tomorrow morning.
Maybe a wise move, as he has some experience in avoiding relegation...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Sorry but this stinks.

Radz is a media man, PR is huge to him. The badge . Bad reaction . So he got rid.

TC . Furious reaction from the crowd . So he got rid.

Now he is desperately scrambling for a replacement.

Desperate-Paul signed a token 12month rolling contract at Barnsley 2 days ago. Good PR to "thank him" . But he is on the verge of being sacked really.

Cheap- definitely

Keen-of course he is he is on the edge at Barnsley.

Its an appointment that reeks of desperate, we are desperate for a coach . . Paul is desperate for an out.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

If they do make him manager then the reaction to the badge will seem miniscule in comparison.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Radz- So Paul what makes you the man we need?

Paul-I'm cheap, i live down the road and I'm a Yorkshire lad ey up.

Radz- But Barnsley are 21st and have 1 win in 16?

Paul- Did i mention I'm cheap and have Championship experience.

Radz- Cheap you say, would you be willing to let Victor sign all your players and then sack you if you dont get us up?

Paul- Did i mention I'm desperate to have a big club on my cv?

Radz- Cheap, Championship experience, willing to be a puppet, YOUR HIRED.
Signed

King Cjay

danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Cjay wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:59 pm Sorry but this stinks.

Radz is a media man, PR is huge to him. The badge . Bad reaction . So he got rid.

TC . Furious reaction from the crowd . So he got rid.

Now he is desperately scrambling for a replacement.

Desperate-Paul signed a token 12month rolling contract at Barnsley 2 days ago. Good PR to "thank him" . But he is on the verge of being sacked really.

Cheap- definitely

Keen-of course he is he is on the edge at Barnsley.

Its an appointment that reeks of desperate, we are desperate for a coach . . Paul is desperate for an out.
he's just signed an improved deal...i.e. he's not on the verge of being sacked....

I don't think it reeks of desperation - done well at Barnsley, local, can start straight away.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

danhirons wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:05 pm he's just signed an improved deal...i.e. he's not on the verge of being sacked....

I don't think it reeks of desperation - done well at Barnsley, local, can start straight away.
He signed a rolling contract, even the Barnsley fans saw it more as a PR move then confidence in his ability.

Barnsley fans dont care if he goes, why would they?

21st , 1 win in 16, thats relegation form in anyones book.
Signed

King Cjay

danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Cjay wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:06 pm He signed a rolling contract, even the Barnsley fans saw it more as a PR move then confidence in his ability.

Barnsley fans dont care if he goes, why would they?

21st , 1 win in 16, thats relegation form in anyones book.
But...it's Barnsley...

and the deal was on improved terms - hardly smacks of wanting him out

That's like saying Clough at Burton is doing a bad job.

He's doing well just to keep them up imo.

Got them promoted too.

Let's see what he can do with a team with significantly greater resources.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Cjay wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:06 pm Barnsley fans dont care if he goes, why would they?

Not all Barnsley fans...
:cry:
He will be a big miss for us..
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

danhirons wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:10 pm But...it's Barnsley...

and the deal was on improved terms - hardly smacks of wanting him out

That's like saying Clough at Burton is doing a bad job.

He's doing well just to keep them up imo.

Got them promoted too.

Let's see what he can do with a team with significantly greater resources.
Slightly improved terms, but still a rolling contract.

New owners unlikely to sack anyone so soon, especially given the sad death of there old owner not long ago.

He did well to keep them up yes, but then Neil Harris has MIllwall mid table, Nigel Clough kept Burton up last season? Could argue there achievements exceed Paul's, wouldnt want any of them either, would you?

Dean Smith is a standout candidate, but he wouldnt want the Leeds job.

Paul Hecky is a man on the verge of relegation, given the chance at possible promotion and a big club on his cv, i understand his motivation, dont get ours?
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:09 pm You're right CJay, we need much better that that.
He does, however, have a name that sounds like it's from Yorkshire
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Shields53 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:11 pm Not all Barnsley fans...
Well alright :)

But lets say very few are particularly devastated.

"Jump before a push springs to mind I reckon hecky is a good candidate for an assistant manager until he has learnt his trade ...I cant believe any club would come for him given his experience and result history. What has he got to offer any club"

"The guy is a hero to Barnsley fans irrespective of current frustrations and concerns but given his recent record, judged from outside, I don't get why he would appeal to another club right now"

"When I say hecky out its not because I wanted the guy to fail of course I'd love him to turn this run of form around but I just can't see it happening. Even the people who are backing hecky on here say he hasn't been the same since Tommy Wright left. If he gets the Leeds job I honestly believe he won't be a success. I've seen people get slated for saying negative things towards hecky it's beyond a joke. We all want our team to be successful. But to be honest 2 wins in 23 when you manage any team with any budget is absolutely dreadful"
Signed

King Cjay

Rex deWolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Rex deWolf »

faaip wrote: He does, however, have a name that sounds like it's from Yorkshire
Didn't think Judas was a Yorkshire name?

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:59 pm Initial feeling when I heard was sadness as he was a genuinely nice guy but having been at the shambles on Saturday, we have to face reality that he was tactically very naive. He's gameplan always seemed to be about counter attacking which is ok when you score first but, as we saw many times, there was no Plan B when conceded first as we have done many times of late.
Not a good day for you & your friends Gurj :( must have felt like a long journey home mate
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

No idea who he is to be honest .Sgt Major type or weak chinned Lieutenant type...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Cjay wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:20 pm Slightly improved terms, but still a rolling contract.

New owners unlikely to sack anyone so soon, especially given the sad death of there old owner not long ago.

He did well to keep them up yes, but then Neil Harris has MIllwall mid table, Nigel Clough kept Burton up last season? Could argue there achievements exceed Paul's, wouldnt want any of them either, would you?

Dean Smith is a standout candidate, but he wouldnt want the Leeds job.

Paul Hecky is a man on the verge of relegation, given the chance at possible promotion and a big club on his cv, i understand his motivation, dont get ours?
I mean I'm not particularly excited by his appointment but I can think of a lot worse. It will be interesting to see how he does and I'm definitely not too downbeat. He knows the league and has done play with Barnsley on a really small budget.

Can't think of many other candidates that I would prefer who would take the job to be honest, can you? As you say dean smith etc just wouldn't take the job
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

danhirons wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:37 pm I mean I'm not particularly excited by his appointment but I can think of a lot worse. It will be interesting to see how he does and I'm definitely not too downbeat. He knows the league and has done play with Barnsley on a really small budget.

Can't think of many other candidates that I would prefer who would take the job to be honest, can you? As you say dean smith etc just wouldn't take the job
I can think of worse to, so yeah i agree it could have been worse.

But just his recent form, 2 wins in 23 games, last season was ok, 14th. But momentum from promotion similar to Sheff Utd,.Once momentum ran out they have slid down the table and Hecky hasnt looked capable of fixing it?

Its not an ambitious appointment imo, its a safe one, may do an ok job, was available at short notice, if he fails fans wont be to fussed if and when he is sacked.

Dean Smith, Marco Silva etc if we wanted to be ambitious.

Id have kept TC though anyway at least till the end of the season.

Given the injuries, suspensions and the spine of last seasons squad being gone.Wouldn't you say TC having us in and around the playoffs in his 1st season is better then Hecky?
Signed

King Cjay

Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

For those wanting rid of TC, I did say "Be Careful What You Wish For" - the list of available candidates was poor.

Anyway, what about a nickname for our new coach. Is it going to be Heckaday or Fuckingbottom ?
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Phil Hay reporting its very close.

Ian Dennis says we had a 3 man shortlist and picked Hecky.

Which means there were 2 less impressive candidates then the man with 2 wins in 23. Or the other 2 didn't want the job.

Will support him of course.

But its underwhelming to say the least.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Never heard of him will hold back any opinion till I see what we have
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:22 pm He does, however, have a name that sounds like it's from Yorkshire
:lol: :lol:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't