Leeds v Cardiff - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Cardiff - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:We haven't won a game since Boxing Day :shock: this is absolutely appalling!!! TC has to go. He is clueless, his interviews are mind numbingly boring and quite frankly his squeaky voice irritates me immensely :evil: :bear:
Can't disagree with that young lady

Stopped listening to his lies weeks ago

We're in our 2nd rut of the season where it is difficult t envisage where our next win is coming from but still some people on here rate him

Our fans have been hoodwinked by Radz & Christiansen's charm :oops:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:He's on the edge ...it's a long way from Cyprus. Jeez I still can't get my head around the massive leap in coming from the cypriut league to the Championship and the hardest team to manage in the division. Bit like me going from talking politics down the pub to becoming prime minister. Or someone "promising" in league two going to manage Scumchester United
Another Hockaday :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Leeds at home so the lack of response from 64 (who's either stuck in traffic or drowning his sorrows down the pub) is worrying
Arrived home about 6.50pm mate just in time for one of Mrs 64's culinary delights :)

Still reading the match day comments now
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Mate I'm twice your size, I'd knock you off any ball with ease. I don't think Roofe and Alioski get enough protection from the refs..Roofe should have had 10 FK's today. Not sure what Lassoga' excuse is
Are you really ?

No they didn't get any protection from the ref who wasn't good at all but as Riot & I agreed in conversation today Roofe & Alioski are far too lightweight.

I can't understand why Lassoga is jostled off the ball so easily for such a big man, still think our No.9 is our best option up top
1964white

Post by 1964white »

radebe88 wrote:Jesussssss. Chill out everyone. Yes we are in a dire spell but that is football. Personally some of my favourite performances have been this season under TC (not too long ago). We have our best player for the last 15 years in Saiz and we are building. Does anyone stop to think that other fans say the same s**t when we beat them. We arent anything special at the moment and form will come and go but we need to stop putting added pressure on the team asking for sackings and booing the players. Ive been ashamed of our fans at times this season
I've been ashamed of some of our players performances this season

Jeez they have just returned from a jolly in Spain whilst us fans have worked our tits off & then our players deliver two shockers on the bounce reminiscence of more like a pub team & you don't expect our fans to react. Get off your high horse Radebe we are in a real mess !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote:THe question I ask myself is with so many injuries and suspensions
and with so many first team regulars missing how will it be possible
for Thomas Christensen to even field a team that is competitive.
For the next four or five games every selection he makes will be another
nail in his coffin.

If you brought in the best manager in the world I fear that given the
circumstances he could not cobble together a team that could win.
That is the sad reality. I think everybody is CRESTfallen.
Against four of the top seven, Sheff Utd, Bristol C, Derby & Wolves :shock:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:We haven't won a game since Boxing Day!! ie 26 December. It is now 3 February... so that's 6 league games and a FA cup game that we have lost. Sorry but that is not good enough. I'm not ashamed of our long suffering fans, i'm ashamed at our players taking their wages and not producing the goods!! :bear:
Well said young lady :tup:

Those players are stealing their wages.....shameful :x
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:00 pm Easy Harry he got no financial support from those above when he was at Leeds
You could well be right
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

No passion, no balls, no bottle......bullied for the 2nd game running on our own patch

Poor attitude, poor discipline, poor management

Embarrassing :oops:

4 - Wiedwald
0 - Berardi
6 - Pennington
4 - Jansson
5 - De Bock
4 - Alioski
4 - Vieira
7 - Forshaw
4 - Hernandez
3 - Roofe
6 - Lasogga
Subs
6 - Dallas
4 - Sacko
n/a - Grot
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Wow. Some have been saying it for awhile, but no denying it now, we’re a mess. Another bloody red card?!! Shocking, absolutely ridiculous. We struggle with the physicality this league brings, our solution seems to be uncontrolled aggression and stupid mistakes. Do we have anyone in the coaching team who has played in the championship?! Someone to coach how to ride a challenge and pass? How to deal with the physical side of the game? All well and good having a forgein coach, with players used to this league but we don’t.
The players have talent, we have seen that, but what they need is a championship experienced coach to tweak their styles accordingly.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

So we are middle to bottom of the table for season after season we then have 1 good season, finishing 7th, yet then lose 3 of the 4 players that were 99% of the reason that we were able to finish 7th and yet some seem to think it is all down to the manager. Just look at the poor job Monk did at a much better Middlesborough squad and you can see that his and the team's success last season was simply a fluke - if we'd have lost the games where we deserved to lose where would we have finished let alone the fact we ended it in complete freefall.

Now I don't know if TC will be a great manager but what I do know is that he is having to make the best out of the inadequate first team squad he has been given. How many players do we really have that would get into any other teams in the top half? Probably only PJ and Saiz. The rest of our players are at best inconsistent or hardworking but lacking in real quality. When everything clicks we look like a good team but all it takes if for 2 or 3 to have a bad game and we are really struggling. The time for me to judge TC is when he is given a proper defence and a striker. It seems we fixed the problems from last season (the lack of goal-threat from midfield) but replaced it with lack of goal threat from up front and inconsistent defence. Most Leeds fans would only have Cooper, for example, as backup yet he has had to start as the other options are the injury riddled and unproven at Championship level Pennington and the completely unproven at any level Shaugnessy. Alongside that for half a season we haven't had a left back. Then you can look upfront and instead of the 30 goal Chris Wood we have Roofe who was a bit part player last season and Lasogga who has been unable to get a match for the year before he came to us. Both have shown ability in flashes but both lack the sort of consistent performance we need yet the only other options have been Ekuban, a TC recommended signing, who has been unfortunate with injuries but looked like he could have been a good player, and Grot who has so far looked a poor signing but hopefully will come good. Hopefully Tyler Roberts is at least an improvement on Grot and christ what a difference it would make if we had someone capable of running at the opposition with purpose - the sort of thing we were expecting from Roofe but we are still waiting to see - I see Ollie Watkins at Brentford as being a similar type player and signing as Roofe yet such a difference now as Watkins runs at players with a real purpose.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:26 pm Dropped a couple of thousand today, will be down to 26k attendances if our form doesn't pick up soon.

30,534 there today. I reckon only 10,000 remained in the ground with five minutes to go
Damn right. If the results aren`t as they should be (expected), fans will ask why they should spend their money to watch inept performances like the recent ones.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

radebe88 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:43 pm Having an opinion different to yours doesnt mean im on my high horse. The players dont owe you anything just because you have a 9 to 5 job as they are also only human. Saying things like that really does show a lack of understanding and that shows your ignorance to our current reality.

We most definatly have performed poorly in the last 6 or so games, but a kneejerk reaction isnt something I am comfortable about.
Our fans deserved much more than on offer right now

It's like a one way love affair where we give everything & they give us nothing

Hopefully I'll be at our final sixteen games supporting Leeds as ever hoping to see my team win
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Is it me? But when we quoted someone we knew who they were. Now I have no idea who anyone ie quoting?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:44 am Is it me? But when we quoted someone we knew who they were. Now I have no idea who anyone ie quoting?
It's not you, for some reason it's not showing up now. I'm sure Adam will fix it quick smart.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

4 - Wiedwald - poor game but not protected
3 - Berardi - cult hero but too rash
6 - Pennington - quality just needs the same quality around him
4 - Jansson - was poor today
5 - De Bock - did ok but needs to try running at their back line not turning the ball back
5 - Alioski - tried but too easily knocked off the ball
4 - Vieira - poor
7 - Forshaw - best player on the pitch for Leeds next Captain
4 - Hernandez - poor day should have gone off instead of Lassie
5 - Roofe - works hard but too light weight needs play alongside a big CF not Lassie
5 - Lasogga - what can I say he’s 6’2 built like a brick outhouse can’t win a header, gets pushed off the ball by fly weights our Keeper would prefer to hoof the ball to the smallest man on the pitch rather than bother sending it near him :evil: but he was our only threat and TC took him off to take us down to 9, no sorry Sacko came on :shock:
Subs
6 - Dallas - should be starting
1 - Sacko - shouldn’t even be at Leeds
n/a - Grot - can’t do anything coming on with 5 to go

0 TC - needs to learn there is a plan B and it’s not take Lassie off and put Sacko on :evil: :evil:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

PHONEGATE. Someone posts a photo of team all on their phones
the suggestion being that there is disarray and disinterest in the dressing room
AFTER the match. It appears the photo was taken hours before the match.

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Does it matter if it is before or after? Click on photo to reveal.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Tweet from Cooper & reply from one of our SC members Jo on our ER trips

Screenshot 2018-02-04 at 11.26.56.png
Screenshot 2018-02-04 at 11.26.56.png (36.1 KiB) Viewed 3135 times
1964white

Post by 1964white »

:sleep:
Ratscoot wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:54 am 4 - Wiedwald - poor game but not protected
3 - Berardi - cult hero but too rash
6 - Pennington - quality just needs the same quality around him
4 - Jansson - was poor today
5 - De Bock - did ok but needs to try running at their back line not turning the ball back
5 - Alioski - tried but too easily knocked off the ball
4 - Vieira - poor
7 - Forshaw - best player on the pitch for Leeds next Captain
4 - Hernandez - poor day should have gone off instead of Lassie
5 - Roofe - works hard but too light weight needs play alongside a big CF not Lassie
5 - Lasogga - what can I say he’s 6’2 built like a brick outhouse can’t win a header, gets pushed off the ball by fly weights our Keeper would prefer to hoof the ball to the smallest man on the pitch rather than bother sending it near him :evil: but he was our only threat and TC took him off to take us down to 9, no sorry Sacko came on :shock:
Subs
6 - Dallas - should be starting
1 - Sacko - shouldn’t even be at Leeds
n/a - Grot - can’t do anything coming on with 5 to go

0 TC - needs to learn there is a plan B and it’s not take Lassie off and put Sacko on :evil: :evil:
Thought Lassie deserved more than our two lightweights, at least he had shots on target. Apart from that you are bang on the mark Rat :tup:

Only Forshaw, Lassie, Dallas & Pennington come out of that game with any credit, no other player should be considered as a MOTM contender.

Yes Forshaw should be captain, unfortunately he won't because our weak coach can't make difficult decisions when required. Let face it our soft-belly players chose Captain Chaos