Heart-rending story with a happy ending

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Heart-rending story with a happy ending

Post by 1964white »

Nelly the labrador puppy saved by veterinary nurse
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-42810378
gessa

Re: Heart-rending story with a happy ending

Post by gessa »

3 grand. I would have put it down.
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

gessa wrote:3 grand. I would have put it down.
A man takes his Rottweiler to the vet. "My dog's cross-eyed, is there anything you can do for him?" "Well," says the vet, "let's have a look at him." So he picks the dog up and examines his eyes, then checks his teeth. Finally, he says "I'm going to have to put him down." "What? Because he's cross-eyed?" "No, because he's really heavy" :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Azkalwhite wrote:A man takes his Rottweiler to the vet. "My dog's cross-eyed, is there anything you can do for him?" "Well," says the vet, "let's have a look at him." So he picks the dog up and examines his eyes, then checks his teeth. Finally, he says "I'm going to have to put him down." "What? Because he's cross-eyed?" "No, because he's really heavy" :lol:
:rol: :rol:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Azkalwhite wrote:A man takes his Rottweiler to the vet. "My dog's cross-eyed, is there anything you can do for him?" "Well," says the vet, "let's have a look at him." So he picks the dog up and examines his eyes, then checks his teeth. Finally, he says "I'm going to have to put him down." "What? Because he's cross-eyed?" "No, because he's really heavy" :lol:
:roflmao:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Its a dog for crying out loud.

Heart rending - I don't think so.

A child, yes it would be.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote:Its a dog for crying out loud.

Heart rending - I don't think so.

A child, yes it would be.
I'm sorry Norm as a animal lover I totally disagree with you & quite honestly I won't be in a minority.

Jill & I never had children so our cats have been a bundle of joy to us. Casper in my avatar is a gorgeous boy who has given us so much love after he had a bad start to his life. We lost our previous two cats who passed away of old age after being part of our lives for sixteen years. Tbh you can discipline animals much easier than children these days.

Dismissing animals as just a dog, cat or horse, etc is heartless imo!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://mobile.twitter.com/_clooox/stat ... 3233162240

If that loads.

Can't stand cruelty to animals so this warmed my heart even more then an Alioski goal.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/_clooox/stat ... 3233162240

If that loads.

Can't stand cruelty to animals so this warmed my heart even more then an Alioski goal.
Well that warmed my heart as much as a Yeboah thunderbolt :-D

Lovely story Cjay & happy Bonnie is in good hands now :dog:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

One contented wildcat :moggy: as daft as a brush living a life of riley
Screenshot 2018-01-28 at 12.29.32.png
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We have one cat left, and a pair of Foxes living at the bottom of the garden (They've built their den inside our boundary alongside a culvert, also in our garden..2 cubs last year so that was enjoyable and they get all the cat food our picky monster won't eat. Also have a squirrels dray most years, mainly because we're the only ones left in the road that haven't cut down their trees...(This is marshland with a 2 foot water table so trees are important here to control the water levels) So we get baby squirrels too. Plus hedgerows have been cut down and replaced with fence panels so we also get a lot of the birds nesting in our hedges...last year Long tail tits, wrens and goldcrests. Britains smallest bird. The pond gets large amounts of palmate and common newts, Slow worms and hedgehogs are also seen on occasion
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:One contented wildcat :moggy: as daft as a brush living a life of riley

Screenshot 2018-01-28 at 12.29.32.png
Thats a big cat!!!!

Looks very happy laying there doing nothing :-D
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Thats a big cat!!!!

Looks very happy laying there doing nothing :-D
Casper is indeed a big boy, spends more time indoors during the winter months, a fair-weather cat these days :moggy:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

faaip wrote:We have one cat left, and a pair of Foxes living at the bottom of the garden (They've built their den inside our boundary alongside a culvert, also in our garden..2 cubs last year so that was enjoyable and they get all the cat food our picky monster won't eat. Also have a squirrels dray most years, mainly because we're the only ones left in the road that haven't cut down their trees...(This is marshland with a 2 foot water table so trees are important here to control the water levels) So we get baby squirrels too. Plus hedgerows have been cut down and replaced with fence panels so we also get a lot of the birds nesting in our hedges...last year Long tail tits, wrens and goldcrests. Britains smallest bird. The pond gets large amounts of palmate and common newts, Slow worms and hedgehogs are also seen on occasion
That sounds idyllic faaip. I love hedgehogs but haven't seen one for years :cry: I'm about to create a wildlife pond in the garden. I do get squirrel visitors, blue tits, great tits, robins, black birds, sparrows, now and then thrushes, and unfortunately pigeons which I discourage :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
hector

Post by hector »

You sound as though you live as rurally as I do Faaip..

great innit??
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Don't actually just a bigish garden...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote:You sound as though you live as rurally as I do Faaip..

great innit??
Wonderful :tup:

Could never live in a town/city or a large built up area again