Top 6

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Top 6

Post by fred »

Would anyone not be chuffed about us reaching the play-offs?
Anyone really believe we have a realistic chance of automatic Promotion?
6th place and I for one would be more than pleased.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Top 6

Post by The Subhuman »

We have a shot at auto, outside shot but a shot none the less.
I'd expect a top 8 finish now and that makes it likelier we get into the playoffs for me.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

Barring an exceptional transfer window, which I can't see, then I don't think we've a chance of top 2. As it stands 8th is about right, top 6 with a couple of decent quality signings. We'll know more by the end of February, some difficult games between now and then.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

I’d be well pleased with 6th then a nice trip to Wembley :scar1 :scarfe2: :scar1
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Looks like we have signed a LB so that's a good start for second half of our season

If we strengthen in other positions we are certainly in with a shout for the play-offs, if not I fear we could miss out on the play-offs. Also it's imperative to any forth-coming success that the likes of Pontus, Saiz, Vieira & Hernandez remain free from injuries.

Of course I would be pleased if we reached the play-offs. I'd be over the moon if we pinched an automatic place :-D
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

If we have signed a left back it's a bit harsh on Beradi but as he said himself he's not a left back. Decent option off the bench one would hope
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

faaip wrote:If we have signed a left back it's a bit harsh on Beradi but as he said himself he's not a left back. Decent option off the bench one would hope
GB should be right back with the wandering Ayling as a decent(ish) option off the bench for RB or CB
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

lufc1304 wrote:GB should be right back with the wandering Ayling as a decent(ish) option off the bench for RB or CB

Won't happen though
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Hope for promotion, don't actually want it :)

I think we can be a top 6 side.

But we are to inconsistent with to weak a squad for top 2 atm.

4 or 5 players away from top 2 imo.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

faaip wrote:Won't happen though
I know, mate, TC cannot the flaws in Ayling's game the rest of us do
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

lufc1304 wrote:I know, mate, TC cannot the flaws in Ayling's game the rest of us do
Not sure that's the case. Think the reality is that he does not trust our alternatives at Full Back and as such Ayling has to play. At this stage if there are any alternatives I'd love to hear them :-D
gotagetz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by gotagetz »

being positive, I feel a playoff place is there for the taking.
we've had a bad (very bad?) run whereas i don't feel the other teams have had that - and we're still in touch.
what we can't seem to do though is draw a game, we either win or lose!
the good teams will settle for a draw and at the end of the season one point might be all that matters.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Apart from Wolves still don't see anyone out there who is significantly better than us on our day. What TC and the squad need to be doing is making sure we have more of "our days" and less of those Brum style performances. Top 6 certainly on for me and 2nd not beyond us.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

After the Newport game I would be more than pleased with a play-off place...must have seen it coming.