Decision Time

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Decision Time

Post by whiteswan »

Our new owner has to decide what he wants. Mediocre football or is he willing to put his hand in his pocket this January for a striker, goalkeeper, defender and possibly a Vieira type midfielder....and push for a top two spot!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Decision Time

Post by 1964white »

The big problem is that if you stay still each season you will inevitably lose your best players each summer. Wood, Taylor last summer, this summer Jansson and Saiz. Its all about momentum isn't it, get momentum and players more likely to hang about
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Certainly big decisions to be made on the transfer target. The scattergun approach has yielded the expected results with some signings doing well and others floundering. What is has done has given us a more complete team though so that now 2 or 3 correct signings could make a huge difference.
gessa

Post by gessa »

The problem this window is , most clubs want a premium fee for players and Rad and Orta have both said that because of this, they don't like doing business in January. So I'm expecting very little activity . I believ we are 5 players away ftom a top 2 challenge which isn't going to happen. The best I'm hoping for is a new left back which would hopefully see TC move Berardi over to the right, strengthening both positions, also either a better midfielder or striker both would be ideal but one would be nice. Without either of the 3 i can only see us finishing 8th-10th place. I dont have much confidence in Orta getting it right so I've convinced myself we'll be doing this year on year , being 4_5 players away rueing the one's we let go.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Left back
Quality ball playing cm (presuming Klich wont get a chance)
Quality striker
An extra option to play if Saiz, Pablo or Ali are struggling.
Centre back.

Quality though not lots of kids.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:The problem this window is , most clubs want a premium fee for players and Rad and Orta have both said that because of this, they don't like doing business in January. So I'm expecting very little activity . I believ we are 5 players away ftom a top 2 challenge which isn't going to happen. The best I'm hoping for is a new left back which would hopefully see TC move Berardi over to the right, strengthening both positions, also either a better midfielder or striker both would be ideal but one would be nice. Without either of the 3 i can only see us finishing 8th-10th place. I dont have much confidence in Orta getting it right so I've convinced myself we'll be doing this year on year , being 4_5 players away rueing the one's we let go.
Why am I thinking on similar lines mate :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not a great time to do business unless you're prepared to massively overpay. You want a proven 25 goal striker in Jan you're looking at 10 m plus...and even then you may sign a McCormack. Something cheaper from Europe you say? we have that in spades already

Any names anyone throw out there for lets say 5 M and a guaranteed 15 goals before the playoffs?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"