Birmingham v Leeds - Team/News/Reports & Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Birmingham v Leeds - Team/News/Reports & Ratings

Post by Cjay »

rab_rant wrote:The reason we lost was Ronaldo Vieira was not playing
Agree.

Most important player imo.

Said it elsewhere, sad that a kid is so important.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Now watching Mississippi State at Louisville to catch what could be one of the next great QB.. PM for link

lol
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote:Now watching Mississippi State at Louisville to catch what could be one of the next great QB.. PM for link

lol
Enjoy it faaip, you deserve it after watching that utter drivel!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Wiedwald-6 saved Jansson with a good save, maybe at fault for our goal however.
Ayling -5 . Didnt handle Boga well, perhaps a rest is needed.
Jansson-8. Solid and strong again, saved by Felix once however.
Cooper-5 bit iffy, didnt cope with Gallagher well and poor on the ball.
Bera-6 ok but should have been tighter on Jota, allowed to much room and shot came in.
Phillips-5 didnt impact the game and as with our last losing run we lost the.midfield.
Shaunie-3 . .Not good enough absolutely bizarre to play him.
Cibicki-4 No impact at all.
Alioski-5.looks exhausted , poor game.
Hernandez-6.. tried to make things happen but wasnt able to, should have done better with his chance although Saiz's pass wasnt on point.
Roofe-6 . Worked hard but drifts to much, lack a focal point because of it. Some decent touches but ultimately had no chances and didnt make himself any.

Lassie-5.not match fit, cant mark to harshly but wasnt good.
Klich-5 . Similar to Lassie but does look intelligent and passing was good.
Saiz-7 Bright tried to make things happen but took to many touches on occasion and passing wasnt great.

TC-4 . . Im sorry TC, but Shaunie over Klich is stubborn, clearly dont get on with Klich but picking Shaunie over him was not best for the team. Ali shouldn't have started, he's knackered. And 1st half clearly Boga had the beating of Ayling yet Ayling was galloping forward.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Whatever good traits we recovered seem to be disappearing again.
As it's always the coach TC needs to get busy, although Orta needs to get us the players to strengthen our back line.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Norm wrote:Whatever good traits we recovered seem to be disappearing again.
As it's always the coach TC needs to get busy, although Orta needs to get us the players to strengthen our back line.
Not sure about that. We had Viera desperately missing today. O`Shaughnessy and Philipps as CM pairing was a joke. (I knew when I saw the line-up this would hardly work, no idea what TC was thinking.) Then some others didn`t show up. Birmingham wanted it more. played a bit of huff and puff and was agressive.
The truth is - and this will be shown clearly in the coming weeks - that we have been riding our luck lately. Traits? No, we got lucky.
If we don`t get 2 quality signings in January we won`t end in the play-off places. And maybe it is the better option not to invest in some emergency deal(s) and let this squad achieve what they can. In the summer there are more and usually better possibilities to strenghen a squad.
What we are short of: goalkeeper, LB, at least one quality attacker, a midfielder who can dictate a game.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Apart from Pontus we seem to have a team of players who wake up on a match day and think 'can I be arsed today to turn up and put in a professional performance'............God knows how we have collected as many points as we have, maybe its a really weak division apart from 2 or 3 teams :(
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:64 will not be having a good afternoon......
I was tearing my hair out Swan :evil:

Thank god for Pontus who kept the score down to 1-0
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Jansson 8 - one off for the error but simply imperious today
He has been for the last seven games, we be fooked without him !

Pontus looked very down at end, probably in despair with the bunch of useless idiots around him
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Actually I used to love the vidi printer
Me too :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

60sUnited wrote:Apart from Pontus we seem to have a team of players who wake up on a match day and think 'can I be arsed today to turn up and put in a professional performance'............God knows how we have collected as many points as we have, maybe its a really weak division apart from 2 or 3 teams :(

Balance still looks wrong to me and we have in Cooper Weidwald and Ayling three players who are defensively suspect with error strew displays which negates the good work they do.

Also too many flair players in the top 6 especially away from home
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

fred wrote:Not sure about that. We had Viera desperately missing today. O`Shaughnessy and Philipps as CM pairing was a joke. (I knew when I saw the line-up this would hardly work, no idea what TC was thinking.) Then some others didn`t show up. Birmingham wanted it more. played a bit of huff and puff and was agressive.
The truth is - and this will be shown clearly in the coming weeks - that we have been riding our luck lately. Traits? No, we got lucky.
If we don`t get 2 quality signings in January we won`t end in the play-off places. And maybe it is the better option not to invest in some emergency deal(s) and let this squad achieve what they can. In the summer there are more and usually better possibilities to strenghen a squad.
What we are short of: goalkeeper, LB, at least one quality attacker, a midfielder who can dictate a game.

Only back from Birmingham half an hour ago.

Can't argue with any of that :tup:

Welcome to the forum Fred
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Important now is how we bounce back. Last season, until the end of season collapse, we were very good at bouncing back from a defeat and that is key in this division as even promoted teams tend to lose 10 or more games.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

didn't watch the game but from the reports online berardi seems to be more of the problem than ayling and cooper. difficult to say if wiedwald was at fault for the goal, whether he could have tipped it further away to the side perhaps

centre mid definitely needs strengthening
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

danhirons wrote:didn't watch the game but from the reports online berardi seems to be more of the problem than ayling and cooper. difficult to say if wiedwald was at fault for the goal, whether he could have tipped it further away to the side perhaps

centre mid definitely needs strengthening

A good keeper would have held it, not going to criticize too much as still one of his better games and he's the best we have.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Beradi was ok by the way, Ayling much worse defensively. I get everyone wants Beradi to be Gareth Bale and attack with impunity but he's never going to be an attacking threat
1964white

Post by 1964white »

What was Christiansen thinking ?

Bizzare how the clubs 4th choice centre-back starts in midfield ahead of Klich & Anita.

The cameo performance when he played there at Barnsley and we lost total control of the game should have been evidence enough for TC not to try that option again

Yes Vieira was a massive loss & not having O'Kane as back-up was a blow too but come on TC get it right.

Why was Saiz left on the bench for 55 minutes ? we only looked a threat when Samu came on

Why take Phillips off ahead of Shaughnessy leaving us exposed with no battlers in the middle of the park

As for the performance we made a poor Brum side look good. We invited pressure with sloppy passes, endless free-kicks given away, players ducking challenges & standing off.......errors all over the park!

We haven't been that good & got lucky at times during our run of victories over the last month. You can't continue to play badly & keep getting away with it. Today we never looked like scoring, at 0-0 with 15 minutes to go I sensed Brum would score a messy goal to win what was a woeful match.

Weidwald - 6
Ayling - 4
Cooper - 6
Jansson - 8
Berardi - 5
Shaugnessy - 4
Phillips - 5
Hernandez - 5
Cibicki - 3
Alioski - 3
Roofe - 5

Subs:
Klich - 5
Saiz - 6
Lassoga
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Balance still looks wrong to me and we have in Cooper Weidwald and Ayling three players who are defensively suspect with error strew displays which negates the good work they do. Also too many flair players in the top 6 especially away from home
Unsure what the errors count was with the above three :duno: not pretty reading I suspect

Those 14 players who featured, the mistakes count would make horrendous reading :shock:
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

1964white wrote:Only back from Birmingham half an hour ago.

Can't argue with any of that :tup:

Welcome to the forum Fred
Thanks! Well, let`s hope things go against what is to be expected the next weeks.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:I was tearing my hair out Swan :evil:

Thank god for Pontus who kept the score down to 1-0
Felt for you all afternoon..... :(