Thursday's Breakfast Debate - Kinnear Interview

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
gessa

Re: Thursday's Breakfast Debate - Kinnear Interview

Post by gessa »

Norm wrote:I'll never forget your 11-hour social chat :lol:

I can't talk Ges, I've had a few like that when I (or we) have continued a lunchtime session until closing time, especially before Christmas or after a retirement or promotion do. I suppose the crucial thing to ensure is food sometime to soak up the excess!
I beat that in Germany his Summer, 10.30 start rolls up to bed at 12.30, 14 hours with very little respite, good old fashioned German beer, felt fine the next day.
I missed Sunday's long session with the lads but heard all about it Wednesday night, one of them was still not right, it is the only time I've been out with him and he's sipped on 2 pints for the whole evening. We've a right 5 day session coming up in March.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

gessa wrote:I beat that in Germany his Summer, 10.30 start rolls up to bed at 12.30, 14 hours with very little respite, good old fashioned German beer, felt fine the next day.
I missed Sunday's long session with the lads but heard all about it Wednesday night, one of them was still not right, it is the only time I've been out with him and he's sipped on 2 pints for the whole evening. We've a right 5 day session coming up in March.
You boys for Cheltenham, Ges?
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:I beat that in Germany his Summer, 10.30 start rolls up to bed at 12.30, 14 hours with very little respite, good old fashioned German beer, felt fine the next day.
None of my business but as a caring mate you really should take it a bit easier as you become older Ges, people will say I'm talking rubbish but i have seen the horrible consequences within my family/friends circle over the years. Sorry to rain on your parade & I'll shut up now as I do sound like a little 'ol man now !
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Bristol City was a one-off in the last couple of months

Think you are bring a tad optimistic Cjay bearing in mind how inconsistent we are. I'd take one win now if I had that option
Maybe we shall have 3 more one offs :lol:

Probably am being a bit optimistic, but so much negativity at the moment (and for the last decade and a half almost) thought id try the opposite.

I don't see any reason why we cant beat Boro and Barnsley.

Boro in a bit of form but wasnt long ago Boro fans were as downbeat as us right now, a scraped victory against Sunderland in there last match hardly instills confidence.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Maybe we shall have 3 more one offs :lol:

Probably am being a bit optimistic, but so much negativity at the moment (and for the last decade and a half almost) thought id try the opposite.

I don't see any reason why we cant beat Boro and Barnsley.

Boro in a bit of form but wasnt long ago Boro fans were as downbeat as us right now, a scraped victory against Sunderland in there last match hardly instills confidence.
Middlesbro' - We have a decent record v the smoggies
Wolves - Spent £50m - Beaten only once at Molineaux back in August - Top of the league
Barnsley - Dreaded bogey team
gessa

Post by gessa »

lufc1304 wrote:You boys for Cheltenham, Ges?

Yes mate, Friday to Tuesday 2 games night in Belguim down to Dortmund for a game and the noght, then up to Ajax for a game and a night in Amsterdam, travel home Monday then Cheltenham on the Wednesday. :-D
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:None of my business but as a caring mate you really should take it a bit easier as you become older Ges, people will say I'm talking rubbish but i have seen the horrible consequences within my family/friends circle over the years. Sorry to rain on your parade & I'll shut up now as I do sound like a little 'ol man now !

It's only the odd occasion nowadays mate.
That sort of thing anyway.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Middlesbro' - We have a decent record v the smoggies
Wolves - Spent £50m - Beaten only once at Molineaux back in August - Top of the league
Barnsley - Dreaded bogey team
Boro- Already covered.
Wolves-form side but going by there own forum could easily have lost on multiple occasions.
Barnsley-should be beating them.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:It's only the odd occasion nowadays mate.
That sort of thing anyway.
We have to enjoy ourselves mate, maybe I'm becoming paranoid as I age.....As you know I love my guinness. malt or a good bottle of wine, also love my food but these days I tend to do everything in moderation. I don't eat nowhere near what I use to consume, you could say I was a ganit :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Boro- Already covered.
Wolves-form side but going by there own forum could easily have lost on multiple occasions.
Barnsley-should be beating them.
I have some horrible Oakwell memories, if we had to play the tykes every week I'd pack in football for good :wink:
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

gessa wrote:Yes mate, Friday to Tuesday 2 games night in Belguim down to Dortmund for a game and the noght, then up to Ajax for a game and a night in Amsterdam, travel home Monday then Cheltenham on the Wednesday. :-D
Mate, that sounds feckin' brilliant! Have you room for a stowaway?? :wink:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Yes mate, Friday to Tuesday 2 games night in Belguim down to Dortmund for a game and the noght, then up to Ajax for a game and a night in Amsterdam, travel home Monday then Cheltenham on the Wednesday. :-D
Will you be able to determined whether your horse has won or lost by Wednesday :horse:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:I have some horrible Oakwell memories, if we had to play the tykes every week I'd pack in football for good :wink:
I had one horrible Oakwell memory, partly to do with the crowd....didn't want any more so I haven't been back! Awful club/ground and I'm sure that 'Liesdale' has something to do with them....or did! Hope we stuff 'em.... :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:I had one horrible Oakwell memory, partly to do with the crowd....didn't want any more so I haven't been back! Awful club/ground and I'm sure that 'Liesdale' has something to do with them....or did! Hope we stuff 'em.... :lol:
Horrible atmosphere at Oakwell last season Swan

Never enjoy going there
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:I had one horrible Oakwell memory, partly to do with the crowd....didn't want any more so I haven't been back! Awful club/ground and I'm sure that 'Liesdale' has something to do with them....or did! Hope we stuff 'em.... :lol:
Horrible atmosphere at Oakwell last season Swan

Never enjoy going there
gessa

Post by gessa »

lufc1304 wrote:Mate, that sounds feckin' brilliant! Have you room for a stowaway?? :wink:

I'll see what I can do Nick. :-D

Best not tell you it's free drinks all the time we're travelling on the coach too.
Last edited by gessa on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:Will you be able to determined whether your horse has won or lost by Wednesday :horse:

Not sure I'll be able to determine what a horse is. :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Not sure I'll be able to determine what a horse is. :-D
Yours will be legless :roflmao: