Page 2 of 4

Re: Liam Cooper

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:04 pm
by weasel
Definitely suits Cooper more when playing against the teams that aren't the better teams in this league. He is probably a mid level championship defender.

Re: Liam Cooper

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:43 pm
by faaip
Agreed which makes him a CB 3/4 in this division for a promotion hopeful team. Exactly what it says on the tin

Re: Liam Cooper

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:40 pm
by 1964white
faaip wrote:Agreed which makes him a CB 3/4 in this division for a promotion hopeful team. Exactly what it says on the tin
A view the majority of us agree on :tup:

Re: Liam Cooper

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:19 pm
by Cjay
Solid again.

Pontus will get the most credit but once more Cooper was solid.

He has been consistent recently.

Re: Liam Cooper

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:07 pm
by weasel
Cjay wrote:Solid again.

Pontus will get the most credit but once more Cooper was solid.

He has been consistent recently.
A settled back four is key

Re: Liam Cooper

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:36 pm
by Cjay
Forgot to mention this, but deserves to be.

Seen him do this a few times, dragged Saiz away when he was sent off, good captaining.

Whenever players get a bit heated, if he is close enough it does seem to be Liam Cooper who pulls them away, Vieira, Phillips, Pontus, Saiz thats off the top of my head.

While i dont think he should be a starter, or indeed team captain.

Club captain i wouldn't be against, similar to Terry at Chelsea or Gerrard at Liverpool even when they wernt playing, everyone knew they were Captain.

For a team lacking leaders, Liam should be applauded for this side of his game.

Re: Liam Cooper

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:29 pm
by NorfolkWhite
I really don’t think Coops has been bad recently, in fact I’d go as far as to say pretty good and has had a solid season to date. Agree if we really want to push on and had a Bartley type he would soon drop to the bench but he’s solid back up. Replacing him is not a priority for me.....our keepers between them have been far more of a problem defensively.

Re: Liam Cooper

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:36 pm
by gessa
NorfolkWhite wrote:I really don’t think Coops has been bad recently, in fact I’d go as far as to say pretty good and has had a solid season to date. Agree if we really want to push on and had a Bartley type he would soon drop to the bench but he’s solid back up. Replacing him is not a priority for me.....our keepers between them have been far more of a problem defensively.
:tup:

There are other positions more pressing than Cooper's, if the left back signs and Berardi is moved to right back , that leaves at least 2 probably 3 still.

Re: Liam Cooper

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:24 pm
by 1964white
NorfolkWhite wrote:I really don’t think Coops has been bad recently, in fact I’d go as far as to say pretty good and has had a solid season to date. Agree if we really want to push on and had a Bartley type he would soon drop to the bench but he’s solid back up. Replacing him is not a priority for me.....our keepers between them have been far more of a problem defensively.
Not Coops biggest fan although he has done ok this season, didn't win many headers when he came on at Newport. Still should have replaced him in the summer as he's vulnerable without Pontus alongside him !
If we sign another top class CB I'd be over the moon :-D

Re: Liam Cooper

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:11 pm
by NorfolkWhite
1964white wrote:Not Coops biggest fan although he has done ok this season, didn't win many headers when he came on at Newport. Still should have replaced him in the summer as he's vulnerable without Pontus alongside him !
If we sign another top class CB I'd be over the moon :-D
Not sure Coops was on his own in being able to be criticised for his performance at Newport :rant: and I don’t disagree that if a top class CB is available we shouldnt take them on, can’t think of a single position where we have enough top class players unfortunately - just that the way he’s performed this season I think we have far more pressing priorities for January.

Re: Liam Cooper

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:14 pm
by 1964white
NorfolkWhite wrote:Not sure Coops was on his own in being able to be criticised for his performance at Newport :rant: and I don’t disagree that if a top class CB is available we shouldnt take them on, can’t think of a single position where we have enough top class players unfortunately - just that the way he’s performed this season I think we have far more pressing priorities for January.
Agree right now we have more pressing priorities :tup:

Re: Liam Cooper

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:30 pm
by weasel
1964white wrote:Not Coops biggest fan although he has done ok this season, didn't win many headers when he came on at Newport. Still should have replaced him in the summer as he's vulnerable without Pontus alongside him !
If we sign another top class CB I'd be over the moon :-D
One thing about Coops is that he gives his all for us. In fact you could probably say he sweats buckets for us.....

Re: Liam Cooper

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:03 pm
by Cjay
Will face a 4 match ban unless the appeal is successful.

Due to it being his second red of the season.

Thought it was harsh, but it was poor play in the 1st place to cause that situation

Re: Liam Cooper

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:06 pm
by faaip
It really should be, it was a mistake from the ref .

Re: Liam Cooper

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:11 pm
by weasel
It didn't look like a sending off offence to me. It was a genuine attempt at the ball and it was only because he missed the ball that he caught the man - not a lunge or a late tackle. Clumsy but not a red card in my opinion.

Re: Liam Cooper

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:31 pm
by Cjay
Will continue as captain.

Suggests that Penny will have to make do with a bench role.

Re: Liam Cooper

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:41 pm
by becchio bear
Cooper is not captain material. New coach needs to man up and pick a captain himself. :bear:

Re: Liam Cooper

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:44 pm
by faaip
Problem is Coop was player elected so that could backfire if he's sacked from that position. Forshaw is the obvious captain for next season assuming continuing form. One would hope he could be made vice captain in Coops continued absence

Re: Liam Cooper

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:26 pm
by 1964white
Hernandez was captain at Hull & v Cardiff.

Oh heck Forshaw should take the role

Re: Liam Cooper

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:03 pm
by becchio bear
faaip wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:44 pm
Problem is Coop was player elected so that could backfire if he's sacked from that position. Forshaw is the obvious captain for next season assuming continuing form. One would hope he could be made vice captain in Coops continued absence
Player selected because our head coach couldn't find it in himself to do that job himself!!! New "Head Coach" new rules :bear: