Pontus Jansson

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Pontus Jansson

Post by whiteswan »

Smashing highlights 64 Thank you :-D Lovely goal from Jansson and what a ball in from whatever his name is? I thought Felix made some good saves, one brilliant one with his left hand....is our young keeper finding some confidence at last? Maybe 'capgate' has done him the world of good....I hope so
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Smashing highlights 64 Thank you :-D Lovely goal from Jansson and what a ball in from whatever his name is? I thought Felix made some good saves, one brilliant one with his left hand....is our young keeper finding some confidence at last? Maybe 'capgate' has done him the world of good....I hope so
Cibicki was the supplier for Jansson's goal a header he put away like an accomplished centre-forward.

Cibicki put in three delightful crosses, he has a sweet right peg :lol:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Say it isn't so. The saints in for Pontus.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2017/12/blogs/ ... r-jansson/
hector

Post by hector »

This has been ongoing in the press since the summer...

Strange thing is, living down near Southampton and most people I know down here are saints fans.,. none of them know anything about it...

So I suspect it is a page clicker piece of fake news....
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

A lot of these articles are designed just to get a lot of people clicking on to read it as the 'journalists' get paid judging on how many people click to view the page as companies pay too advertise on these sites o the more people clicking on the more chance people click on the advert. As such it make sense for them to write articles like these, regardless of whether there is any truth in them, as they know it will make people click on them to read them.

I would be amazed if we sold anyone in the first team during January as it makes much more sense to try to get promoted and if not then then the summer is a much better time to sell as it is easier to get replacements in,
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:A lot of these articles are designed just to get a lot of people clicking on to read it as the 'journalists' get paid judging on how many people click to view the page as companies pay too advertise on these sites o the more people clicking on the more chance people click on the advert. As such it make sense for them to write articles like these, regardless of whether there is any truth in them, as they know it will make people click on them to read them.

I would be amazed if we sold anyone in the first team during January as it makes much more sense to try to get promoted and if not then then the summer is a much better time to sell as it is easier to get replacements in,
I take no notice of much of the transfer rumours

I doubt any Leeds fan envisaged the signings we made in the summer. To be frank I'd never heard of any of them :shock:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

If i was Saiz id go into witness protection.

Pontus already said he wanted to kill him for giving the ball away on the edge of our box :?

Whats he going to do to him now :shock:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Not only LUFC Player of the Month but awarded the Player of the Championship for his magnificent performances during December

Never in doubt

Leeds United defender Pontus Jansson has been named the PFA Fans` Championship Player of the Month for December.

The Swedish international won the award after being shortlisted alongside Curtis Davies (Derby County), Gary Madine (Bolton Wanderers), Chris Maxwell (Preston North End), Jamie Paterson (Bristol City) and Lasse Vibe (Brentford).

Jansson scored twice during December as well as helping Leeds keep two clean sheets on their way to 13 points during the month.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote:Not only LUFC Player of the Month but awarded the Player of the Championship for his magnificent performances during December

Never in doubt

Leeds United defender Pontus Jansson has been named the PFA Fans` Championship Player of the Month for December.

The Swedish international won the award after being shortlisted alongside Curtis Davies (Derby County), Gary Madine (Bolton Wanderers), Chris Maxwell (Preston North End), Jamie Paterson (Bristol City) and Lasse Vibe (Brentford).

Jansson scored twice during December as well as helping Leeds keep two clean sheets on their way to 13 points during the month.
Pontus been performing at a consistently high level since his early season off period. I've wondered a couple of times in the MOM awards whether I don't give him the credit he deserves because we expect so much of him.......still should be captain ;-)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Great performance again.

But he seemed absolutely determined to join O'Kane in the showers :oops:

On another day he would have.

Love the passion but there were moments where heart was in mouth.

Had visions of a Di Canio moment and a Cantona kick to Mick for good measure.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Great performance again.

But he seemed absolutely determined to join O'Kane in the showers :oops:

On another day he would have.

Love the passion but there were moments where heart was in mouth.

Had visions of a Di Canio moment and a Cantona kick to Mick for good measure.
Almost talked himself into a red :redc:

Can't afford to lose Pontus, a rock at the back once again
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

More than that those last two challenges either one could have/should have been a second yellow...big thanks to the Refs for that
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:More than that those last two challenges either one could have/should have been a second yellow...big thanks to the Refs for that
Yep those two challenges & he nearly lost his head on a couple of occasions, you could sense his frustrations from the terraces yesterday !

If we lose Pontus at any given stage our season is over :(

Really hate the fact we are reliant on two or three players in our squad :x

Bare bones & counting :shock:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Redan i april förra året uppgav brittisk media att Southampton är intresserat av Pontus Jansson. Sky Sports hävdade att Premier League-klubben ställt in sitt sikte på svensken i samband med att mittbacksstjärnan Virgil van Dijk ryktades vara på väg bort och Daily Star menade att Southampton var berett att betala över 100 miljoner kronor för svensken.

Men någon övergång i somras blev det inte, varken för Jansson eller van Dijk. I slutet av december förra året uppgav dock the Sun att 26-åringen återigen är aktuell för Southampton och några dagar senare presenterade Liverpool en ny mittback; Virgil van Dijk. Liverpool köpte loss den holländske stjärnan för 830 miljoner kronor.

Enligt uppgifter till Fotbollskanalen ser Southampton på Pontus Jansson som en tänkbar mittback att köpa in i januari nu när van Dijk lämnat, men Leeds vill inte sälja sin kugge.

Så sent som i oktober förlängde den svenske landslagsmannen sitt kontrakt med Leeds. Då skrev Jansson på ett femårskontrakt. Leeds är inte villigt att sälja svensken när de nu jagar en plats i Premier League till nästa säsong.

Klubben ligger just nu sjua i Championship, på samma poäng som sexan Sheffield United, som innehar den sista play off-platsen upp till högstaligan just nu. Jansson själv har varit tydlig med att hans stora mål är att vara med och föra upp Leeds i Premier League.

- Jag har sagt sedan dag ett - och folk skrattade åt mig i början - att jag ville spela i Premier League med Leeds och vi kommer bara närmare och närmare. Vi är på väg mot någonting riktigt bra. Jag har trott på det sedan dag ett och nu är det flera än bara jag som tror på det. Leeds är en klubb som hör hemma i Premie League, sa Jansson till Yorkshire Evening Post efter att ha förlängt sitt avtal med Leeds.

Janssons agent Martin Dahlin är fåordig om sin klients situation i nuläget och uppgifterna om Southampton, men säger till Fotbollskanalen:

- Intresset för Pontus är stort, men han är fullt fokuserad på att ta upp Leeds i Premier League. I övrigt har jag inga kommentarer om det här.

Apparently translates as Southampton wanted Pontus, we said no.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

He will be the next one sent off. Far to emotional in recent games.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:He will be the next one sent off. Far to emotional in recent games.
He's probably getting frustrated with all the clowns around him

Pontus is a winner & will no doubt play with players with the same mentality one day
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Bit concerned with how Pontus got bullied by a pair of very average lumbering forwards last game.

While Penny did well when he came on atill feel we need a quality cb next to Pontus.

When Pontus struggles we dont have a quality partner to back him up.

Last season if Pontus struggled (which he did) then inevitably Bartley covered for him. And if Bartley struggled then Pontus covered for him. They complimented eachother as both were top quality at this level.
Signed

King Cjay

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Is there a reason why we haven't tried to sign that big lad Flint at Bristol City? And what about our interest in the other Swede who Pontus had played with before? If we're not going to get another CB this window, then surely Pennington needs a run of games alongside PJ? The lad has something, but without regular game time, he's not going to be able to settle into the side and show it
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
gessa

Post by gessa »

lufc1304 wrote:Is there a reason why we haven't tried to sign that big lad Flint at Bristol City? And what about our interest in the other Swede who Pontus had played with before? If we're not going to get another CB this window, then surely Pennington needs a run of games alongside PJ? The lad has something, but without regular game time, he's not going to be able to settle into the side and show it

I think BC want £10M plus for Flint.
No idea about Helander.
If yesterdays rumour about Elphick is true, we could do a lot worse, good ball playing CB.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:I think BC want £10M plus for Flint.
No idea about Helander.
If yesterdays rumour about Elphick is true, we could do a lot worse, good ball playing CB.
Flint has scored nearly 40 goals over the last few seasons for Bristol City, he's already on 7 goals after slotting in another one v Man City last night. Great attacking option as well as a fine CB apparently

Should have snapped him up summer, opportunity gone now !