Stuart Dallas

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Re: Stuart Dallas

Post by Oscar »

gessa wrote:Yes mate but what about this season. :wink:
:lol:
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

1964white wrote:Bang on Oscar :tup:

Dallas is not one of TC's favourites
Certainly looks that way mate :x , same applies to Shaughnessy and Klich imo.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Did well yesterday.

Worked hard defensively, got up and down the pitch well.

Didnt offer a great deal offensively, but did get an assist.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Good solid pro, rarely spectacular but also always put a solid shift in, a lesser version of James Milner. Great player to have in the squad and really he should be the benchmark for when the club is looking to strengthen the squad.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Same as before minus the assist.

Worked hard, did a job. Not much offensively but solid enough
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Not a right back, was a liability yesterday.

Ryan Sessegnon vs Stuart Dallas was only going to go one way.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:10 pm Not a right back, was a liability yesterday.

Ryan Sessegnon vs Stuart Dallas was only going to go one way.
Constantly got skinned, giving Sessegnon oceans of space
1964white

Post by 1964white »

It doesn't help when we have Ayling out injured & Coyle on loan to Fleetwood
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:57 pm Constantly got skinned, giving Sessegnon oceans of space
Was also to narrow, dont know whose idea it was to be so narrow, but whoever it was was wrong.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Which is why I keep saying that we need to give Pearce a run in the team to see if he is up to it. WHY, WHY, WHY are we playing a right winger at right back and a right back at left back? Pearce may well not be the answer, likewise Tyler Denton but one thing for sure is that Berardi is not the player we want to be starting at left back next season so why is he being played there and Dallas is not the player we want to be at right back so why is he being played there?
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

In all honesty had Berardi been playing at RB I think it would have been the same result.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Squad player. Perfect for the bench with his versatility. Sadly when I look at the Leeds squad we've got more bench players than starters. That said, I'd be glad to have him around next year in that role, but would gladly take the cash if someone offered it.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Richard wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:19 pm In all honesty had Berardi been playing at RB I think it would have been the same result.
Completely missing the point. I have no issue with Berardi, or Berardi starting at right back. The issue is that the Berardi at left back experiment is over surely and we have to be planning for next season and who plays left back. So it is either De Bock (who can't play now as he is injured), Pearce or Denton from the youth sides or a new player - so why are we not giving either Pearce or Denton a few games to see if they are good enough and to give them invaluable experience.

I would not have had a problem if Pearce had an absolute nightmare either as it would have shown him what improvements he would need to make and we would then get a chance to see what sort of character he has about him and if he could improve on any weaknesses in his game.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

weasel wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:00 pm The issue is that the Berardi at left back experiment is over surely and we have to be planning for next season and who plays left back. So it is either De Bock (who can't play now as he is injured), Pearce or Denton from the youth sides or a new player - so why are we not giving either Pearce or Denton a few games to see if they are good enough and to give them invaluable experience.
Absolutely agree.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

weasel wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:00 pm Completely missing the point. I have no issue with Berardi, or Berardi starting at right back. The issue is that the Berardi at left back experiment is over surely and we have to be planning for next season and who plays left back. So it is either De Bock (who can't play now as he is injured), Pearce or Denton from the youth sides or a new player - so why are we not giving either Pearce or Denton a few games to see if they are good enough and to give them invaluable experience.

I would not have had a problem if Pearce had an absolute nightmare either as it would have shown him what improvements he would need to make and we would then get a chance to see what sort of character he has about him and if he could improve on any weaknesses in his game.
Sorry I never used the quote system yesterday, my reply was aimed towards "essegnon vs Stuart Dallas" I was pointing out that no matter who we had played (out of those available) the outcome was going to be the same. Yes I totally get your point about blooding some of the younger players and I wish we would to.

I have a feeling PH feels stuck in no mans land, he is not sure if he needs results to protect his future or if he needs to blood and try more youngsters. In fairness we don't know what has been said to him, just WHAT IF Orta and Rads have told PH that we have signed some good quality players and TC never got the best out of them?

I don't feel that PH is the right man for the job but I also feel there is a little more going on behind the scenes than we realise.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Apparently Bielsa sees Dallas as a potential solution in cm if we dont manage to sign anyone to replace Vieira

Think thats pushing it, already pushing our luck having an average, short right back at cb.

Dallas is the epitome of an average player imo, we need better to get through to January.
Signed

King Cjay

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Cjay wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:50 pm Apparently Bielsa sees Dallas as a potential solution in cm if we dont manage to sign anyone to replace Vieira

Think thats pushing it, already pushing our luck having an average, short right back at cb.

Dallas is the epitome of an average player imo, we need better to get through to January.
Hi CJay
Despite SD's obvious limitations he is a manager's dream because he can play in a number of positions and does so without complaint.
I'm not his biggest fan either but there is no doubting his work rate or commitment whenever he gets the nod.
I have no idea what his best position is but I don't think it's CM but maybe MB has seen something we haven't?
Personally I think he's better suited getting up and down the left flank but even in that position I would put him behind Alioski and Harrison
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I think it is more likely that it would be a case of Dallas being back up in central midfield only if really needed. At present with Forsahw injured it wouldn't be feasible for the club to simply go out and get someone of his quality to come here as 3 or 4th choice. As such you need in the squad to have someone who can come in to play 2 or 3 games out of position if there was an injury crisis in a certain area.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:11 pm Hi CJay
Despite SD's obvious limitations he is a manager's dream because he can play in a number of positions and does so without complaint.
I'm not his biggest fan either but there is no doubting his work rate or commitment whenever he gets the nod.
I have no idea what his best position is but I don't think it's CM but maybe MB has seen something we haven't?
Personally I think he's better suited getting up and down the left flank but even in that position I would put him behind Alioski and Harrison
Hi Chilli.

I agree regarding the manager dream bit, I'm sure he is.

He will do a job in any number of positions and Bielsa probably loves that.

Just think after selling arguably our most naturally gifted midfielder we shouldn't be even considering square pegs in round holes.

Agree on the winger, if we are looking to hold on to a lead id bring Dallas on.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Dallas scores for Northern Ireland in their 3-0 victory v Israel :scarfe2: