Victor Orta report

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Victor Orta report

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:45 pm Bloody hell writing players off now before they even kick a ball for us - if he hadn't have got injured he might well have played and scored a couple of goals at crucial times and kept our season alive. People keep knocking the foreign signings and now knocking us buying highly thought of british talent - overpriced journeymen british players it is then so maybe that's why Orta was speaking to Jordan Rhodes.
Absolutely this
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:15 pmAbsolutely this

My point was, he was signed injured, a bad injury, so there was no chance he was going to get a couple of goals.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

The issue for me was that before we went into this season we all knew we needed another Striker, we had Wood, Antonsson and Roofe and doubts were already creeping in about Roofe. Antonsson had a poor preseason, missed a few chances and was out of favour with TC and wheels were put in motion to loan him out.

The season started and immediately rumours started surfacing about Wood wanting to leave, we still hadn’t signed another striker to partner him, challenge him or replace him if injured so it was a worry. For me we should have been scouting and planning for new strikers the moment last season ended.

I remember hoping we were going to join the chase for Gayle and a few other Top names were being linked but no, Lasogga, Ekuban and Grot for the future, all of which I had to Wiki.

Granted it seemed like we were lining up Lasogga before Wood actually left but the striker signings seemed rushed to me, did the scout report back that Lasogga can’t run, he has no physical presence and he can’t jump?

Did anyone realise Ekuban had managed 13 career goals in 120 appearances before joining? Then we approach the January transfer window, EVERY Leeds fan was screaming for a LB a Striker and a Keeper. We sign an injured Striker no Keeper and if anyone scouted De Bock they want sacking.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I am sure Tyler Roberts featured in a training session after we signed him. I remember at the time everyone complaining because TC had said he was injured and everyone disbelieved him.
gessa

Post by gessa »

He did, he lasted 45 minutes before the injury Walsall sent him back with reappeared..
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Richard wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:11 am The issue for me was that before we went into this season we all knew we needed another Striker, we had Wood, Antonsson and Roofe and doubts were already creeping in about Roofe. Antonsson had a poor preseason, missed a few chances and was out of favour with TC and wheels were put in motion to loan him out.

The season started and immediately rumours started surfacing about Wood wanting to leave, we still hadn’t signed another striker to partner him, challenge him or replace him if injured so it was a worry. For me we should have been scouting and planning for new strikers the moment last season ended.

I remember hoping we were going to join the chase for Gayle and a few other Top names were being linked but no, Lasogga, Ekuban and Grot for the future, all of which I had to Wiki.

Granted it seemed like we were lining up Lasogga before Wood actually left but the striker signings seemed rushed to me, did the scout report back that Lasogga can’t run, he has no physical presence and he can’t jump?

Did anyone realise Ekuban had managed 13 career goals in 120 appearances before joining? Then we approach the January transfer window, EVERY Leeds fan was screaming for a LB a Striker and a Keeper. We sign an injured Striker no Keeper and if anyone scouted De Bock they want sacking.
No forward thinking from our naive management Richard.

Their poor planning, cheapskate ideas & lack of British football knowledge for the 2017/18 season has totally backfired on them. My reservations from day one on this bunch of renegades has turned out to be true, surprise surprise !

Not signing quality replacements for the likes of Monk, Bartley, Taylor, Wood & Green was nothing short of criminal :x

As soon as Christiansen passed the buck on the decision-making of who should be captain with our weak-minded players choosing Cooper I knew we were in trouble, that was the icing on the cake

Majority of our fans certainly knew the score !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:46 am He did, he lasted 45 minutes before the injury Walsall sent him back with reappeared..
Rest assured Weasel will back this lot to the hilt

They know what they are doing :roll:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

What makes you think I will back them to the hilt? I have repeatedly stated their stupidity in replacing a manager with a manager that has a totally different way of playing. Injuries are tricky to diagnose properly as we saw when Ekuban came back and then got injured again after playing a couple of matches - the injury had obviously cleared up enough to run at 100% etc but possibly wasn't healed as well as they thought. Likewise the injury TR had presumably looked like it was healed. Injuries are however part and parcel of football. Hopefully the club will consider in investing in new technology such as VR Fitness Insider which seems to be a much better way of assessing if a player is fully recovered as it can measure how their body is reacting compared to how it was before the injury but with it being VR it greatly reduces the risk of a player breaking down on the training pitch as it will let them know exactly when they are recovered - it also eliminates the need for clubs to be too careful as they can see that the player is fully fit rather than thinking 'let's give him another week just to make sure.'
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Injuries happen, if he proves to be a good young player the money will be well spent
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:59 pm Injuries happen, if he proves to be a good young player the money will be well spent
I think we can agree on that. Finally we are in agreement over something.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

I don't really understand the vile toward Orta? His job is to find the best players that we can reasonably afford, and present them to the manager and Radz for approval. If having those players fail, then just about every Director of Football at every club should be axed. Finding the right players is basically a lottery at best.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:11 am Could he be on his way?

http://sportwitness.co.uk/spain-victor- ... la-coruna/
This could be the best news this spring/summer

At last we're weeding out the root of the problem, management at top level who have failed the club, if you can't get it right at the top you have no chance !
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Might be in the minority but id rather Hecky goes if it was a choice.

Look to the youth teams for hope which Orta does deserve credit for.

Rey, Dalby, Edmondson, Kun, Struijk, Diaz, etc Diaz did more then Jansson vs Preston.

Look to Jack Clarke and Bobby Kamwa who have signed professional terms under Orta.
Clarke in particular was a highlight given the competition.

Look to Saiz, Alioski, Forshaw.

Look at Grot and Ekuban who despite the criticism have shown promise at times.

His controlling influence worries me but with the right coach (Oscar Garcia or Dean Smith) theres a place for Orta

Even look at the 2 Boro players who tore us apart, Bamford and Traore, both his signings.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

'Orta out' chants at Preston last night
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Well I posted he could be moving last night in the match day thread
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

In Heck we trust. I have every confidence Heck can spot the talent we will need for the 2019-2020 season when we achieve promotion from League 1.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

weasel wrote:

In Heck we trust. I have every confidence Heck can spot the talent we will need for the 2019-2020 season when we achieve promotion from League 1.
:clape: