Kemar Roofe

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Kemar Roofe

Post by Irish Ian »

'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

ahh ok, as you can see I'm a big fan of Roofe (probably my favourite player to watch in this current team) but if we're not going to play him as striker then he shouldn't be starting anyway. It feels like a MB compromise as dropping one of our best players, one who helped get us this far, would go against his grain so shoehorn him into a vacant position.

I honestly don't think Roofe is a 10/15 minute change the game bench player either, he has seldom impressed in his sub appearances.

So give him a rest and make sure he's fit should we lose Bamford again.
Last edited by The Subhuman on Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I thought Roofe has look shattered recently, perhaps he's been playing in pain then. He could do with a couple of games rest, with Brown back now, I think he can cover him.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I'd start Shack in the AMC role v Bolton, with Brown on the bench. It would give us pace and drive from midfield which we need against teams that stick 11 men behind the ball.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

SG90 wrote:I'd start Shack in the AMC role v Bolton, with Brown on the bench. It would give us pace and drive from midfield which we need against teams that stick 11 men behind the ball.
All day long...Leeds need a pace injection and this lad has it in spades and he will also do the closing down like Roofe does so well. He had Swansea backing off as soon as he came on and freshened it up.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

It is just so frustrating that our options are being limited by injury( again) instead of having something like a fit roster.

Bamford and Brown will need game time before they find match fitness and that is a lot of pressure to be under.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

You know what? I'm now at a position where I am so sick and tired of the injuries we keep picking up (why do we?) that I now have given up all expectations of automatic promotion. Feeling fed up!
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

I certainly think that MB's training methods have influenced the number of injuries. This just is not normal to keep sustaining the amount of injuries that Leeds have all season. This must be some sort of record and for me it's not a coincidence. I understand that impact injuries will happen at any given time but if the players are feeling tired before a game (as stated by PJ) then the training is otp. Running them into the ground a day or 2 before a game just doesn't make sense . If they're not bloody fit by now they never will be !

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Except we finish games the stronger team....not sure how can be tired yet get stronger over 90 minutes.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

faaip wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:39 pm Except we finish games the stronger team....not sure how can be tired yet get stronger over 90 minutes.

It isn't that simple though, a player can still start tired and his performance could not tail off below the level of others around him, depending on his fitness levels and the type of training he is being given.

It looks like MB goes in for a lot of aerobic endurance training that way it appears we are getting stronger but it is only because the oppo's performance levels have dropped below their starting point.

Then there is recovery times which are longer the older you get..

Its a complicated subject.
'
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:46 pm You know what? I'm now at a position where I am so sick and tired of the injuries we keep picking up (why do we?) that I now have given up all expectations of automatic promotion. Feeling fed up!
We've had injuries all season and have been top/top 2 for months (we're out now because of the game in hand).

This team never gives up, so I'm certainly not giving up on them!
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:11 pm I certainly think that MB's training methods have influenced the number of injuries. This just is not normal to keep sustaining the amount of injuries that Leeds have all season. This must be some sort of record and for me it's not a coincidence. I understand that impact injuries will happen at any given time but if the players are feeling tired before a game (as stated by PJ) then the training is otp. Running them into the ground a day or 2 before a game just doesn't make sense . If they're not bloody fit by now they never will be !

Phil Hay had a great interview with Rob Price on his podcast (and in print here: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9577580 ).

Basically saying that the re-injuries have often been unrelated to the original ones. Also says that the training has less to do with the injuries, it's more the style of play - drawing fouls etc.

Also says that teams that win things often have more injuries than those who don't, purely because they're putting more in...
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

That's us up as champions !

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Has to be true, the club would surely say something to hay that he was ok and nobody has denied he’s not injured which you would expect. I’ve seen the picture of him in a leg brace, but people have said it’s old, a pretty big injury if it is recent picture. Can’t think of any rumors about injuries that haven’t been true so far this season!!
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Genghers wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:55 pm We've had injuries all season and have been top/top 2 for months (we're out now because of the game in hand).

This team never gives up, so I'm certainly not giving up on them!
I'm not talking about giving up on them. Just that I'm sick and tired of all the injuries. Because of that, if we finish in the top two I will be amazed. No other club in the top six has had to endure what we have injury wise. You have to admit that! Why on why do we have so many injuries is what I'm asking.....
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I think Pontus has qualified his comment, saying he's not overtired through training.

Apparently Roofe wears that brace after training and it's an old photo.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SaraM wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:29 am I think Pontus has qualified his comment, saying he's not overtired through training.

Apparently Roofe wears that brace after training and it's an old photo.
Genuine concern apparently unfortunately.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:44 am I'm not talking about giving up on them. Just that I'm sick and tired of all the injuries. Because of that, if we finish in the top two I will be amazed. No other club in the top six has had to endure what we have injury wise. You have to admit that! Why on why do we have so many injuries is what I'm asking.....
Mainly bad luck from what Price is saying!

We've had very few soft tissue injuries (usually caused by overwork etc) and have had a few very serious injuries (Berardi could have had surgery in October which would have ruled him out for the season, but he refused so that he could play a part). Mostly they've been impact because of the way teams counter our playing style.

Bamford's second injury was a freak accident in training where someone fell on his leg - nothing you can do to stop that happening, other than not train...

Still think we can make top 2, even if we lose Roofe for a period again. Roberts, Bamford and Brown can hopefully work the goals out between them.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Damaged Knee ligaments.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... ssion=true

No timescale for return.

I'm not buying all these injuries are just bad luck.

Luckily we strengthened the attacking areas in January, especially as we lost players. . . Oh.

Meh step forward Tyler Roberts

Huge pressure on Izzy Brown and Paddy Bamford now, we need them to stay fit :(
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Take note MB, You cannot go into a season of 46 games with just 2 strikers. I'm not a football coach but even common sense tells you this. Strictly speaking he's not even a striker so Leeds have effectively gone into the season with 1 striker and he's been out for most of it. Honestly this club gets more ridiculous as each season passes.