Pawel Cibicki

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Pawel Cibicki

Post by Cjay »

Since did his fellow deadline day signing a thread thought i would do him one to :-D

Initially wasnt to excited, but ive given it more thought and now i am :shock:

1) he is only 23, Didier Drogba was a year older before he made his breakthrough in France.
2) Pontus knows him well and im sure he will have been spoken to by Orta before signing.
3) Strongly linked with Napoli, Ajax and some other team from Manchester, reportedly watched numerous times so clearly made some sort of impression.
4)Ajax were impressed enough to send John Steen Olsen to watch him, he was sent to watch Christian Eriksen and Zlatan Ibrahimovic to name just 2.
5) Marcus Antonsson was never deemed good enough to represent Sweden at any level, Cibicki has at numerous levels.
6) know its just a game but Fifa do tend to put a lot of investigation into there ratings, his is apparently between 72-74, Helder Costa is between 70-74.
7)He has had a decent time in Sweden last few seasons, though his strike rate isnt spectacular it isnt bad and he has been played as a winger, not always up front.
8)He didnt cost much money, if Britt Assombalonga doesn't work out thats £15million wasted and Monk ,Middlesbrough and the player will be heavily criticised. If Cibicki doesnt then the criticism will be less due to his price, and less pressure on the player also.
9) He has European football experience, not many Championship players can say that.
10)Orta doesnt strike me as a man to panic buy, Alioski,Lasogga and Saiz were all linked with Leeds a month or so before signing, he clearly does his homework.
11) He looks good on youtube.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Pawel Cibicki

Post by Norm »

We can only hope CJay. It's all looking good from where I sit. He looks mild but reacts quickly from what I can see.
My only concern about our new signings is, how are we going to keep them all happy without bruising egos? TC seems to be a wand waver and we have to trust him to assuage possible issues with players not being picked some weeks. Monk was good in one way but had a brittle sort of manner - the guy we have now is a deep thinker and I hope can really take us places we haven't been for a long time.
Rex deWolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Rex deWolf »

With Ekuban probably out until Christmas, he'll get plenty of opportunities to show what he's made off. Maybe Victor has unearthed another diamond

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Norm wrote:We can only hope CJay. It's all looking good from where I sit. He looks mild but reacts quickly from what I can see.
My only concern about our new signings is, how are we going to keep them all happy without bruising egos? TC seems to be a wand waver and we have to trust him to assuage possible issues with players not being picked some weeks. Monk was good in one way but had a brittle sort of manner - the guy we have now is a deep thinker and I hope can really take us places we haven't been for a long time.
Agreed Norm, but i guess thats part of TCs job, keeping everyone happy, well as hap[py as he can. I think its clear Alioski and Saiz are starters whenever fit, Jansson , Wiedwald and Ayling to i would think and Lasogga. Which leaves left wing, left back, center back and the 2 central midfield positions.

Centre back- Cooper, Pennington, then the young lad if we are desperate, presumably one of those 2 are starters.
Left back- Anita, Berardi, Bj, i have a feeling Bj will force his way in eventually.
2 center mids- Phillips and O'Kane, Phiillips is young and has done well but Klich has more pedigree and Vieira in my opinion more talent, Anita as well but i think TC sees him as a full back. Wouldn't be surprised to see Klich and Vieira eventually.
Left Wind- Pablo has done ok there and he did start his career as a flying winger, but his legs arent what they were back then.Cibicki i think may end up starting there if all things go well

Then theres Grot, could go 2 up top, or shove him out wide, certainly has the pace and power for it, very exciting times, have a sneaky feeling Cibicki may be a gem :-D

Ekuban, Roofe and Dallas didnt even get a mention, thats a damn impressive squad :lol:

Thing that is most impressive for me is so many can play in so many positions, wonderful to have so much versatility, just hope TC doesn't play favorites, if a player has a poor few games then bench them, if they come on a few times and do nothing then drop them, whoever they may be. Have a feeling he wouldn't be afraid to do that, there will be no "eh up Brownie, Paddy,Tongey your playing this week, next week, next month, next year, eh in 10 years to lads" (said in Colins voice)
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Agreed Norm, but i guess thats part of TCs job, keeping everyone happy, well as hap[py as he can. I think its clear Alioski and Saiz are starters whenever fit, Jansson , Wiedwald and Ayling to i would think and Lasogga. Which leaves left wing, left back, center back and the 2 central midfield positions.

Centre back- Cooper, Pennington, then the young lad if we are desperate, presumably one of those 2 are starters.
Left back- Anita, Berardi, Bj, i have a feeling Bj will force his way in eventually.
2 center mids- Phillips and O'Kane, Phiillips is young and has done well but Klich has more pedigree and Vieira in my opinion more talent, Anita as well but i think TC sees him as a full back. Wouldn't be surprised to see Klich and Vieira eventually.
Left Wind- Pablo has done ok there and he did start his career as a flying winger, but his legs arent what they were back then.Cibicki i think may end up starting there if all things go well

Then theres Grot, could go 2 up top, or shove him out wide, certainly has the pace and power for it, very exciting times, have a sneaky feeling Cibicki may be a gem

Ekuban, Roofe and Dallas didnt even get a mention, thats a damn impressive squad :lol:

Thing that is most impressive for me is so many can play in so many positions, wonderful to have so much versatility, just hope TC doesn't play favorites, if a player has a poor few games then bench them, if they come on a few times and do nothing then drop them, whoever they may be. Have a feeling he wouldn't be afraid to do that, there will be no "eh up Brownie, Paddy,Tongey your playing this week, next week, next month, next year, eh in 10 years to lads" (said in Colins voice)
I think so too :tup:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Norm wrote:We can only hope CJay. It's all looking good from where I sit. He looks mild but reacts quickly from what I can see.
You would expect TC to be able to empathise with players not starting after his spell at Barcelona, as a player, where he didn't play much. I think the key is to go 5-0 very quickly and then you can make early substitutions to give as many players match time as possible. Seriously though I would expect the wing positions to see a lot of different players used, some starting and others coming on to give fresh impetus. The main objective though is for the players picked to start to play well and the team win, if that happens then those not starting don't really have the opportunity to knock on TC's door and demand to play. Those not picked to start then need to do everything they can to impress, be it training, cup matches, sub appearances etc.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cibicki joined Molde on loan
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Hope something clicks for him there because he clearly has talent but has the physical presence of a shy ghost.
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

The invisible man more like!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Pawel Cibicki has been found guilty of match fixing.

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sport ... 021-12-15/
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:39 pm Pawel Cibicki has been found guilty of match fixing.

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sport ... 021-12-15/
Enjoy your time playing for a Swedish prison team, Pawel