Other fans forum opinions

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Wolfpack
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Other fans opinions

Post by Wolfpack »

Yeah I will be going the game , think it should be a sell out , so atmosphere will be bouncing ! Some wolves fans are getting way a head of themselves with all this bigger club than Everton talk , so I tend to take no notice . The turgid football we have had to put up with for the last few years and now finally being able to string a few passes together may have something to do with all the excitement.

We are a club on the up , Fosuns holdings are £54billion but how much of that is available is anyone's guess . We have an agent that works for us as everyone knows in Mendez . I can't knock the relationship , as without him , there would be no chance of having nuno coming on board as a manger , and signing players like costa , jota , and cavilero !!!! We have a fair few loans , but all our loans we have first refusal on with fees already agreed ! I love the direction the club have taken , and hopefully pays off and we go up automatically this season, else assets will have to be sold to balance out the books , and we start again . Fosun have said there in it for the longhall , with money not being an issue and getting wolves to the premier league is only phase 1 ! Think that may have something to do with the bigger than Everton rubbish also .
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Wolfpack wrote:Yeah I will be going the game , think it should be a sell out , so atmosphere will be bouncing
Our excellent travelling support will probably guarantee a sell-out :-D
Wolfpack
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Wolfpack »

1964white wrote:Our excellent travelling support will probably guarantee a sell-out :-D

Can't disagree with you there :-D :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Wolfpack wrote:Can't disagree with you there :-D :tup:
I take it we are in the same spot down the side ?

I've had a great view in our last two visits, right on the halfway-line :-D
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I like the cut of your jib wolfpack. You're pretty down-to-earth about your peers and your team.
I hope you and your team prosper - I also hope we beat you in the prem., but I'm not holding my breath. :wink:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Wolfpack wrote:Yeah I will be going the game , think it should be a sell out , so atmosphere will be bouncing ! Some wolves fans are getting way a head of themselves with all this bigger club than Everton talk , so I tend to take no notice . The turgid football we have had to put up with for the last few years and now finally being able to string a few passes together may have something to do with all the excitement.

We are a club on the up , Fosuns holdings are £54billion but how much of that is available is anyone's guess . We have an agent that works for us as everyone knows in Mendez . I can't knock the relationship , as without him , there would be no chance of having nuno coming on board as a manger , and signing players like costa , jota , and cavilero !!!! We have a fair few loans , but all our loans we have first refusal on with fees already agreed ! I love the direction the club have taken , and hopefully pays off and we go up automatically this season, else assets will have to be sold to balance out the books , and we start again . Fosun have said there in it for the longhall , with money not being an issue and getting wolves to the premier league is only phase 1 ! Think that may have something to do with the bigger than Everton rubbish also .
Pretty fair post :-D

Dont blame Wolves fans for feeling positive, who wouldn't.

It looks great in theory, good side, good players, minted owners and crucially the most powerful football agent in the world.

Is the concern that with the greatest of respect to you and Wolverhampton, the only reason those players are with you now (manager included). Is because of Mendes and Fosun?

Mendes may be Jotas agent for example but if Athletico say to him "we want you to stay " in the summer then nobody would blame him for staying with them regardless of promotion?

Wolves get a lot of hate because of the spending and stuff, i dont personally dislike them or begrudge there fans some joy, been a pretty miserable time for Wolves fans for decades so fair doos.

If it was us, id be as happy as you are, but theres so many nagging doubts. Chinese government getting involved with Fosuns spending (read something about that somewhere, or Mendes (who in reality doesnt care about Wolves or any club his clients are at) deciding that he has got his clients in the shop window, Neves etc, and when a "bigger club" comes in they will be off. Or Nuno getting offered a bigger job somewhere etc.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Wolfpack
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Wolfpack »

Not worried by Mendez at all. He does have a very big influence on our club , but the way I see it , we sit top of the league at this current moment in time , playing the best football we have seen in years . You also have to remember, Mendez advices (works for :mrgreen: ) fosun and not the other way round with fosun owning a percentage share in his gestifute company . Can't see him wanting to upset fosun owners for that reason as he's getting the best of both worlds at the minute . Showcase young talented players , and making alot of money , when wolves sign them up . Yes the likes of jota could say he wants to stay at atletico , if he sees his future there , but with the Portuguese contingent now at wolves I'm pretty sure barring we go up this year , all of our loan signings will sign on the dotted line . Good luck for tonight , really looking forward to the game , hopefully it's a good game of football , and you climb back up the league , that's after tonight of course :-D
hector

Post by hector »

Wolfpack wrote: , but the way I see it , we sit top of the league at this current moment in time , playing the best football we have seen in years . :-D

Hope it lasts for you, but this was us for the 1st 6 weeks of the season, and things can soon change in this league..

I do suspect that you will be up there come the end of the season though, and I hope we will be too, and let the rest fight it out amongst themselves.... :-D :-D
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Wolfpack
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Wolfpack »

1964white wrote:I take it we are in the same spot down the side ?

I've had a great view in our last two visits, right on the halfway-line :-D
Allocation in the lower Steve bull stand , only a 1000 tickets left as of this minute reported on twitter, so hopefully a sell out come tonight , hope you enjoy the game as you certainly won't enjoy the beer lol !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Wolfpack wrote:Allocation in the lower Steve bull stand , only a 1000 tickets left as of this minute reported on twitter, so hopefully a sell out come tonight , hope you enjoy the game as you certainly won't enjoy the beer lol !
Can't be any worst than the muck that is served up at ER

Rather drink a good old cuppa of Yorkshire Tea as they don't have Guinness on tap

A couple of the black stuff on our stop-off at Tamworth :-D :-D
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/slow-s ... st.261283/
http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/leeds- ... lf.261339/
http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/not-th ... rt.261323/

tons of threads for anyone wanting a peek, some nice things said to be fair to them.

"better then Cardiff"
"Saiz is the best player they have faced"

Just shows what a lot of us think.

Quality isnt our issue, we ARE a match for any team on our day . .. its consistency we dont have.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/slow-s ... st.261283/

tons of threads for anyone wanting a peek, some nice things said to be fair to them.

"better then Cardiff"

Quality isnt our issue, we ARE a match for any team on our day . .. its consistency we dont have.
The Tykes had to be impressed with Saiz, he ran the show for us

Think they are wrong accusing Ayling of cheating, he went over & got straight back up again
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:
We struggle v teams with pace & good movement such as Wolves (who are obviously something special) plus teams that are capable of bullying us.

With Vieira back in the fore, the pace/work rate of Ekuban & the re-introduction of Felix hopefully makes us a stronger outfit. We have to remember Lonergan was arguably at fault for at least four goals in the Brentford/Wolves games.

Our disciplinary record is a major concern for me with three red cards so far this season
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Cjay wrote:http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/slow-s ... st.261283/

"better then Cardiff"

At least one of the Barnsley lot admitting we could quite easily have had 2 pens, they were truly shocking misses by the ref. When you see those decisions missed you understand why players go down to draw a refs attention, in both cases Pontus just got on with it and never complained, for which he should be applauded, but refs have got to be better and backed up by the linos.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:We struggle v teams with pace & good movement such as Wolves (who are obviously something special) plus teams that are capable of bullying us.

With Vieira back in the fore, the pace/work rate of Ekuban & the re-introduction of Felix hopefully makes us a stronger outfit. We have to remember Lonergan was arguably at fault for at least four goals in the Brentford/Wolves games.

Our disciplinary record is a major concern for me with three red cards so far this season
I'm still hopeful.

Wiedwald looked more confident then he used to, if you take away the huge howlers from Lonners our results dont look as bad.

If Ayling, Pontus and Berardi can find the form from last season and Ali, Ekuban and Saiz can keep up there form from recent games (Barnsley for Caleb) and Phillips can rediscover his goalscoring form from earlier and Vieira can come back and do what he was doing , minus the red cards. If all that can happen then we can push up the table.

All ifs however.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:I think we'll beat Villa Cjay
Based on our sparkling consistent form and there poor form? :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Based on our sparkling consistent form and there poor form? :lol:
I don't think they are a side blessed with pace, just have to keep a check on Adomah who is in decent scoring form right now