Other fans forum opinions

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Other fans forum opinions

Post by Sara »

A stable Leeds is a dangerous Leeds. I don't blame anyone for fearing for us on Saturday, because they are everything we don't want to come up against right now. They are organised. They are supremely well drilled. They are aggressive. They play with confidence, commitment and desire. They dominate possession. They open teams up. They press and win back the ball well. They attack and defend as a unit. Their system is settled. Their style of play is settled. Every player knows their role and is trusted to perform it.

It is a genuine team, a team playing in the manager's image, with players entirely invested and on board with what the manager wants. It was frightening how quickly and how smoothly the Leeds players embraced Bielsa's philosophy just weeks into his tenure. We've all been waiting for the bubble to burst. But a year on, and they have kept the same manager, the same group of players, the same philosophy, and look stronger and more evolved for it.

We have gone in the complete opposite direction so far and I'm not sure we are settled enough to put in the determined, organised and crafty performance this game requires. If this game was in November, I think we would be competitive. But I think it'll probably be a case of too much, too soon for us. Cocu is still weeks away from figuring out his best eleven and then maybe months away from getting it to work effectively.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/33398-leeds-u ... /#comments
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

What a article Sara coming from a rams fan who witnessed his team knocking us out of the play-offs only four months ago.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Another set of fans who highly rate Phillips :-D

Screenshot 2019-09-18 at 19.50.09.png
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:43 pm What a article Sara coming from a rams fan who witnessed his team knocking us out of the play-offs only four months ago.
Sums it up nicely, doesn't it. It's good to get recognition from opposition fans, especially those who were crowing so recently.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:44 pm Sums it up nicely, doesn't it. It's good to get recognition from opposition fans, especially those who were crowing so recently.
So many of the opposition fans love to run us down, a refreshing change to read a good eloquent article from someone who is not totally blinkered
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

SaraM wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:44 pm Sums it up nicely, doesn't it. It's good to get recognition from opposition fans, especially those who were crowing so recently.
Yeah spot on, well written article.

This is a dangerous game for us, I just hope we are on from the get go, surely the scenes of them celebrating at our turf 4 Months ago mimicking spygate is enough reason to smash em this weekend.
Our home form is appalling though, don't know if it's the pressure and the expectance of them having to win at home..... we just can't get the goals.
Fingers crossed we need to get on a run and pull away from the chasing pack.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

That was a nice find Sara.

Re Saturday, our chance to allay the ghosts of that awful 50 minutes and leave it behind us.

It is all going well, it is. Just. That. First. Goal................
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Hopefully we'll ping one in in the first few minutes, as in the 4-0 v West Brom. They lost 3-0 to Forest and Brentford, so it could be a rout if we get on it.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

These ratings from a Derby fan called Sage just emphasises why we should be winning these types of games

Roos 6

Lowe 6

Keogh 6

Clarke 5

Malone 5

Huddlestone 6

Bielek 5

Holmes 5

Josefzoon 4

Marriott 4

Waghorn 5
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I wouldn't have given any of their outfield players more than a 3.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:42 am I wouldn't have given any of their outfield players more than a 3.
I reckon he upped their ratings a point or two because of Martin's goal & gaining a draw, had they lost those scores would be ones, two's & three's

If you read the previous pages of their fans comments they were giving the Derby players a right slagging for virtually the whole of the game
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Amazing to me how much s*** fans on other sites talk about Leeds and our fans.

I almost never read that sort of thing on this site about other teams or their fans, even Scum.

Because with Scum nothing need be said. We all know.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Many Leeds fans in Reading ends :shock:

Interesting debate from the Reading faithful & one Leeds fan

https://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=186455
1964white

Post by 1964white »

What is this tidus fella on about, highest budgets & parachute payments......what are them :duno:

Anyway URZZZZ puts his fellow fan right

tidus_mi2
Leeds have had a few seasons with no change in manager who has been gradually building a team with one of the highest budgets in the league, possibly even the highest if you factor out parachute payments and we made it a competitive match. If Bowen keeps things going like this we will have no worries about relegation, I think all this talk of making the play-offs is incredibly optimistic though. Just a bit of consistency and not changing the manager and I think we'll find ourselves at the right end of the league within the next few seasons.

URZZZZ
They’ve had one season and a bit with Bielsa in charge by the way and I don’t think he’s actually spent too much money, certainly not in comparison to others. He’s just tactically a very good manager, kudos to Leeds for managing to get him

I’m all for keeping managers and giving them a bit of time, but when they’re not adapting to the environment of the league and are shown to be tactically inept, there’s no point! So far, Bowen has been astute with his tactics but he got it badly wrong in the second half and didn’t adapt to it. Hopefully, unlike his predecessors, he’ll take it on board and learn
1964white

Post by 1964white »

New Cork Seth
I was really impressed with Leeds. Their fans are saying that was their worst performance and a lot are being quite complimentary to us which is nice. Anyway if that was their worst performance I'm glad they saved it for us!

Bielsa makes Leeds a lot harder to hate. He has them playing very nice football. Very expansive and quick. It's a good thing they dont have a good striker. Imagine someone like Mitrovic at the front of that.

I think the width they manage to play with is very exciting to watch. If Richard's had been on form though I think we would have squeezed a draw out. Not that the goal was his fault mind. Just they found a lot of joy down his flank and obviously looked to exploit that.

Overall I still hate Leeds but at least now I respect them.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Whore Jackie
Thought Leeds were pretty good, though felt we could nick the three points throughout the game. If they had someone better than Bamford up top, they'd be walking this league. Credit to their fans for clapping in honour of Ryan too, looked over and they'd all joined in.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Sandman
Ejaria - Too good for them at times. The best player attack wise for us. 9 MotM

Lower West
Floats in and out of games. The Leeds no 23 had him well contained the majority of the game. Needs to build a bigger engine as flags towards the end of games.

Ha ha some of our fans thought Phillips had a poor game, Lower West knows the score :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

John Smith
Patrick Bamford really is a sorry, pathetic and shambolic footballer. Horrid.

Reading fans were giving Paddy grief again

https://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=186452
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Some decent posts on the Reading forum, worth a read