LUFC LGBT

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
MissSurreyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: LUFC LGBT

Post by MissSurreyWhite »

... and no I have never been on Britains Got Talent! :roflmao:
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Very brave and you've chosen a damn decent forum to out yourself on. I'd be amazed if there were any negative press as it were. DDOS a poster who hasn't posted for a long time came out on here too.

I grew up with a gay uncle who had to live with us for a while after his (famous at the time) boyfriend kicked him out in the late sixties, he died of Aids in the nineties. His brother is also gay (both of my dads brothers in other words were gay) but he repressed it for a long time trying to live a straight life which tbh did his 4 kids no favours. He's still alive but suffering from Alzheimers so his inhibitions have vanished and one has to be careful of wandering hands.

I never judge people, never have, There are people I take a dislike obviously but I just ignore them and it tends to be down to the BS that comes out of their mouths than anything to do with life style choice. I was one of the very few happy for a mate when at 21 he chose to marry a 46 year old, they're still together and getting funny looks all the time. He's 46 now and she is of course stlll 48

And despite that I'd honestly never heard of the above acronym but I don't do social media and I never watch the news. I assumed the L was for Leeds but couldn't make anything else fit.

Best of luck
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

MissSurreyWhite wrote:A really positive response which says a lot about our group.

I now have to come clean.

I am the 'T' in that particular anacronym.
I am a transgender woman. I was born a 'boy' all those years ago in Scarborough but live full time in my chosen female gender today.

I have done for years and go about my life without interference and any hassle.
(Long before the odious Caitlin Jenner came along!)

I am one of the lucky ones who can 'pass' in public. (i.e. That if I didn't say anything most people wouldn't know.)

So my point.

I commend the club for this initiative. It shows that the club is thinking progressively which along with the reformation of the ladies team shows the club is going to be inclusive. These to me have been as significant as buying Elland Rd. This owner is the real deal for me.

I also agree that sexuality should be a non issue. It is getting that way in society but there is still some way to go, being different can still mark you out for abuse and attack.

From my involvement in the LGBT community the younger generation are far more relaxed about labelling people. Indeed in my experience they are very well informed.

Paradoxically I have mixed feelings about the need for identifying a specific community within an organisation (I certainly feel like part of the Leeds family/tribe) but on balance I do think it sends out a statement of reassurance to a community and individuals who may have shied away from going to a matches and as to the type of club we want to be. That to me is as good a reason as any.

So there you have it. Outed myself on social media.

I would also add I am very happy to discuss anything transgender (within reason !) on here.

I want people to know that people like me exist.
And I am happy to educate and explain. Information can only help my community.
Very brave post MSW, sadly there are still sites out there that you would not be able to post this without a certain amount of ridicule and I'm very happy that you felt comfortable you could post it on here.
You are correct about the younger generation being more accepting not only to this issue but all sexual issues as well as race.
Anyone who hasn't seen the excellent BBC comedy series Boy Meets Girl , then I fully recommended it, it gives a great insight into how a transgender person is or isn't accepted in society as well as being very funny at times.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

beer belly bert wrote:Image

I do have a problem with well off retirees living the life of riley when some of us have to keep our nose to the grindstone... :wink:
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

MSW, kudos as well as love and acceptance. I'm so glad you chose us. I'm sure you've travelled a long and angst-ridden road in your quest to be who you thought you needed to be and I sincerely hope you are happy with who you are - we are.
MissSurreyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Lovely comments and insight, thank you.

I love the thought that the L in LGBT is Leeds! :tup:

I have always maintained my sense of humour about my transition. It is unusual, perculiar and quite hilarious at times.

I had hoped to change my football team, I did try for Man City but I just couldn't make that work!
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

MissSurreyWhite wrote:Lovely comments and insight, thank you.

I have always maintained my sense of humour about my transition. It is unusual, perculiar and quite hilarious at times.

I had hoped to change my football team, I did try for Man City but I just couldn't make that work!
Your other choices were Grimsby, Burton and Tranmere apparently :lol:
MissSurreyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

NorfolkWhite wrote:Your other choices were Grimsby, Burton and Tranmere apparently :lol:
I like what you did there Norfolkwhite :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

My mums brother's grand daughter is doing it the other way. Female to male.
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

MissSurreyWhite wrote:A really positive response which says a lot about our group.

I now have to come clean.

I am the 'T' in that particular anacronym.
I am a transgender woman. I was born a 'boy' all those years ago in Scarborough but live full time in my chosen female gender today.

I have done for years and go about my life without interference and any hassle.
(Long before the odious Caitlin Jenner came along!)

I am one of the lucky ones who can 'pass' in public. (i.e. That if I didn't say anything most people wouldn't know.)

So my point.

I commend the club for this initiative. It shows that the club is thinking progressively which along with the reformation of the ladies team shows the club is going to be inclusive. These to me have been as significant as buying Elland Rd. This owner is the real deal for me.

I also agree that sexuality should be a non issue. It is getting that way in society but there is still some way to go, being different can still mark you out for abuse and attack.

From my involvement in the LGBT community the younger generation are far more relaxed about labelling people. Indeed in my experience they are very well informed.

Paradoxically I have mixed feelings about the need for identifying a specific community within an organisation (I certainly feel like part of the Leeds family/tribe) but on balance I do think it sends out a statement of reassurance to a community and individuals who may have shied away from going to a matches and as to the type of club we want to be. That to me is as good a reason as any.

So there you have it. Outed myself on social media.

I would also add I am very happy to discuss anything transgender (within reason !) on here.

I want people to know that people like me exist.
And I am happy to educate and explain. Information can only help my community.
Good on ya, MissSurreyWhite! :tup:

As far as the LGBT LUFC group is concerned, I think it's a tremendous initiative from the club and shows that we are now a progressive, forward thinking club. Good to see.
I know at least one same sex couple who regularly attend games and have for years. They are out and up front and treated no differently to any other Leeds fan by their peers, which is obviously how it should be.
MissSurreyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

faaip wrote:My mums brother's grand daughter is doing it the other way. Female to male.
I wish him every success. (happy to share my personal contact if ever you need). x
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Thank you.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

MissSurreyWhite wrote:Lovely comments and insight, thank you.

Very brave of you Miss SW. We still luv you x

Some of my best friends are gay, all decent & caring people so no problem for me

My main concern is ensuring I get your name right :wink:

Great initiative by LUFC :tup:
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Miss SW, shouldn't be the case, but it took some guts to out yourself on a football forum. Though I'd suggest guts is not something you lack in to stand up and say no, I'm not a boy and face the, sadly, inevitable issues that that decision must have made you face. The fact that you chose this forum reflects very positively on the members here.

I don't care what anyone is, as per Bert's poster. Treat me right, and I'll do the same. Age, race, religion, sexual orientation, makes no difference to me; it's about who and how you are, not what you are.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

people who spout sh1t regarding race, religion or sex only goes to show more about them than the people they target , one of my best friends is gay and him and his partner are coming out to spain to spend a week with us in sept and I can not wait it will be uproar , I would also like to point out that gay men are the biggest bitches going .

total respect to Miss Surrey good on yer
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
abundegas
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by abundegas »

Anybody wondering if there is a need for an LGBT group should watch this - the first 10 seconds should be enough.

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

abundegas wrote:
Anybody wondering if there is a need for an LGBT group should watch this - the first 10 seconds should be enough.
There's a distinct possibility that an LGBT group could actually add focus to the yahoos' idiotic hate - they'd have a new target to blame for their imagined slights.

I listened to the whole video and the message was that Gareth is going to insist on this new rule and that new rule against what is obviously disgusting behavior, but part of the result will be an increase in hate and certainly not general acceptance.

Unfortunately, real change is often glacial and I have no answer for a solution. I hate to be pessimistic but it could take generations. Remember you're fighting the church and a long history of misogyny as well. These things are so deep-rooted in family and tribe history - it's a bit like the Hatfields and McCoys with nuclear walking sticks.

I hope for a change in attitudes but I am not confident of rapid attainment.
hector

Post by hector »

I am similar to Faaip in that I have no social media accounts, have never used twatter or farce book etc, and even worse I have no TV :shock:

Good on you Miss whiplash...... it took balls (pun intended :mrgreen: ) to disclose your information on here....

I personally think that a person should be able to be or act however they want provided it has no detrimental effect on anyone else.....

and as for Norms last post on this thread....

There's a distinct possibility that an LGBT group could actually add focus to the yahoos' idiotic hate - they'd have a new target to blame for their imagined slights.

I listened to the whole video and the message was that Gareth is going to insist on this new rule and that new rule against what is obviously disgusting behavior, but part of the result will be an increase in hate and certainly not general acceptance.

Unfortunately, real change is often glacial and I have no answer for a solution. I hate to be pessimistic but it could take generations. Remember you're fighting the church and a long history of misogyny as well. These things are so deep-rooted in family and tribe history - it's a bit like the Hatfields and McCoys with nuclear walking sticks.

I hope for a change in attitudes but I am not confident of rapid attainment.

DITTO
abundegas
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by abundegas »

I'm not suggesting that an LGBT group is going to reduce homophobia, although it may be one of it's longer term goals. Rather, given the current levels of homophobia among some fans then I can understand why some LGBT people would want to band together for mutual support.

And it's not just among fans. I was shocked to hear Robbie Rogers describing some of the things he heard from fellow Leeds players.

And, obviously, it's not just a Leeds issue. That program mentioned 12 Prem clubs with LGBT groups already, so it seems like there is a need there.