Super League

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Super League

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Not necessarily...they were nearly beaten last night :-D
Love your optimism Swan :tup:

Difference is :

St Helens have beaten Castleford twice & lost three times by small margins of four points twice & last night by one point, all really close games where as the Rhino's have been smashed four times

66-10
29-18
12-23
38-24

Saints have conceded 73 points in 4 games v Cas where as we have leaked 145 points in our 4 matches. Our defence has been woeful at times particularly when we play Castleford & Trinity of course :wink:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Quite honestly I'll be surprised if we win tonight let alone this years Grand Final
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:Quite honestly I'll be surprised if we win tonight let alone this years Grand Final
Close close game....sweaty palms in this household....
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

:scarf1: :scarf2: :scarf1: Phew! Well done Leeds, showed spirit and never say die....bring on Castleford :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Lovely to hear Marching On Together ringing out loud at the end.....and the crowd joining in...
McDermott in tears at the end as they were trying to interview him, he had to walk away, couldnt speak. Must mean a lot to him....
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Lovely to hear Marching On Together ringing out loud at the end.....and the crowd joining in...
McDermott in tears at the end as they were trying to interview him, he had to walk away, couldnt speak. Must mean a lot to him....
Yes he was very emotional at the end Swan

Always great to beat the codheads, very good victory for the Rhinos.

Singleton immense tonight & a wonderful try from Sutcliffe

We'll need to defend much better v Castleford, we opened up like the red sea a few times tonight.
Also mass panic when 'ull kicked towards our line after their fifth tackle, we have been vulnerable there all season.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Seemed strange with the South Stand demolition in process. Rhino's playing to diggers & excavators as oppose to the usual noise from the South Standers
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

just got in after watching it live in Benidorm , cod heads in team shirts everywhere , don't think we have enough about us to beat Castleford but who knows , just nice to be in a position to maybe win a trophy .
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

GOOD OLD ZAK

Looks like a serious breach of club rules has cost him his place in the grand final Daryl Powell has dropped him from the team, the Rumours ive heard so far:

Failed drugs test after Wigan game
Failed drugs test after Leeds game
Drinking after MoS awards of Tuesday night
Passing team info to Leeds players on Tuesday night

If any of the above are true I don't think we will see zak pull a Cas shirt on again , the biggest game in the clubs history and he goes into dick head mode again , one of the best players in the world at this moment in time and he`s still rolling around pub floors blind drunk instead of been a role model and professional . I'm 100% Rhinos and always will be but feel for powell and the cas fans .
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

beer belly bert wrote:GOOD OLD ZAK

Looks like a serious breach of club rules has cost him his place in the grand final Daryl Powell has dropped him from the team, the Rumours ive heard so far:

If any of the above are true I don't think we will see zak pull a Cas shirt on again , the biggest game in the clubs history and he goes into dick head mode again , one of the best players in the world at this moment in time and he`s still rolling around pub floors blind drunk instead of been a role model and professional . I'm 100% Rhinos and always will be but feel for powell and the cas fans .
You beat me to this Bert! What a silly silly boy....as you say the biggest game in Castlefords history. I know some of you guys thought that the Cas coach had the measure of him but it just goes to show, a Lepoard doesn't change its spots. Maybe McDermott was right to get rid? Yes, he has let his coach down and the fans who believed in him (its always the fans to suffer) But...it could be a massive boost to Leeds chances of winning. Here's hoping. :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote:GOOD OLD ZAK

What a idiot Bert

Some sportsman don't know when they have life so good :oops:
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

without Zak cas are still stronger than the Rhinos but now hearing rumours that shenton pulled his groin in training today , that's a massive blow if he is missing .,
Its a massive call to drop him from the final and disrupt everything if hes just been a bit of a idiot which leads me to think its more serious than a minor offence . Powell is a fair man and a good coach and wont have let the club push this on him if it was not a serious offence that warranted the punishment .
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

latest rumour is zak has been questioned by police because of racist abuse to a woman , hope its not true as cas don't deserve this negative media attention , this is probably going to be the clubs biggest game in there history and it gets over shadowed by this .
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

It almost seems a sin that 2 Yorkshire teams have to fight the Grand Final in Lancashire, especially at Old Scumford.

I have no interest in the outcome, but may the better team win!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Hopefully with Zak Hardaker suspended plus Cas may have another player doubtful we may just have a chance. Quite simply Castleford have easily been the best team in Super League by a country mile however you never know when it comes to a one off game such as the Grand Final

Can we halt our losing run of eight games v the Tigers ?
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Norm wrote:It almost seems a sin that 2 Yorkshire teams have to fight the Grand Final in Lancashire, especially at Old Scumford.

I have no interest in the outcome, but may the better team win!
you need to experience it Norm old Trafford packed to the rafters with Marching on together ringing out from the Stretford end is spine tingling mate , would love the Rhinos to win for the sake of Rob & Danny but good luck to both teams as west Yorkshire wins regardless

THANK FOR THE BEST YEARS EVER LADS , GOOD LUCK

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

So....here we go :lol: Come on Leeeeeeds :scarf1: (anyone else watching?)
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I would've thought that the Grand Final would have enticed Fox Sports or NBC to screen it but nope - couldn't find anything.

Looks like Leeds are going to get lucky so far. 6-0 up at HT.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Sorry, 7-0
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Norm wrote:I would've thought that the Grand Final would have enticed Fox Sports or NBC to screen it but nope - couldn't find anything.

Looks like Leeds are going to get lucky so far. 6-0 up at HT.
I think Sky have got the super league all tied up Norm.... :rant:
Danny Mcguire had a good first half from the bits I've seen. Stopped a potential Cas try and scored the drop goal just before half time. Wont get to see much of the second half as its din dins time :lol: .... will record it