Super League

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Super League

Post by whiteswan »

Super League season starts tomorrow with St Helens v The Rhinos. Anyone looking forward to the new season?
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Super League

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Can't bloody wait, hope it's better than last season!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Super League season starts tomorrow with St Helens v The Rhinos. Anyone looking forward to the new season?
Use to have a season-ticket at Headingley which is also my birth place Swan

Great sport played by real men
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Shields53 wrote:Can't bloody wait, hope it's better than last season!
Surely can't be any worst Shieldsy
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:Use to have a season-ticket at Headingley which is also my birth place Swan

Great sport played by real men
The Rhinos really are your 'home' club aren't they. I'm a Wakefield lass so I was brought up with Wakefield Trinity, but also fell in love with Leeds in the eighties. I support both clubs so was delighted that Wakey survived last season but gutted at what happened to Leeds. Managed to book two tickets for Wakefield v Hull on Sunday at Belle Vue. My folks live in Sandal so it's on the doorstep :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Also, The Rhinos are on Sky tomorrow eve so I'll be watching at my folks....
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Shields53 wrote:Can't bloody wait, hope it's better than last season!
It was a strange one for the Rhinos, triple winners one year, relegated the next, but I had no doubt that they would bounce straight back. Hopefully they can start with a win tomorrow night
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:The Rhinos really are your 'home' club aren't they. I'm a Wakefield lass so I was brought up with Wakefield Trinity, but also fell in love with Leeds in the eighties. I support both clubs so was delighted that Wakey survived last season but gutted at what happened to Leeds. Managed to book two tickets for Wakefield v Hull on Sunday at Belle Vue. My folks live in Sandal so it's on the doorstep :lol:
Really hope Wakey beat 'ull

Enjoy Swan
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Do like watching the Rhinos although have never been to an actual game. Deffo hoping for a better season than last year but Superleague is so competitive that any team can win.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

cant wait , love rugby league

I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Nice to see we now have at least four Rugby League fans on here :-D
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

I am surprised that the Rhinos haven't recruited during the break. It seems that they are relying on youth for the upcoming season. Having McGuire and Burrow as the only half back options looks risky in the extreme, especially considering McGuire's recent injury record. Losing Hardaker and Segeyaro are also big blows. However, it can't be any worse than last season - Can it ?
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote:I am surprised that the Rhinos haven't recruited during the break. It seems that they are relying on youth for the upcoming season. Having McGuire and Burrow as the only half back options looks risky in the extreme, especially considering McGuire's recent injury record. Losing Hardaker and Segeyaro are also big blows. However, it can't be any worse than last season - Can it ?
After saying that.....it could be :(
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote:Nice to see we now have at least four Rugby League fans on here :-D

not bad..that's three more than I'd get if I started an NFL thread
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

My team is Doncaster :-D Thomas has 3 of the Jones-Buchanan boys from Leeds Rhinos' Jamie at his school. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote:not bad..that's three more than I'd get if I started an NFL thread
I am a patriots fan but turned off the superbowl before the half time show :cry:
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

Gandalf wrote:I am surprised that the Rhinos haven't recruited during the break. It seems that they are relying on youth for the upcoming season. Having McGuire and Burrow as the only half back options looks risky in the extreme, especially considering McGuire's recent injury record. Losing Hardaker and Segeyaro are also big blows. However, it can't be any worse than last season - Can it ?
its not a case of just buying players Gandalf , a very strict salary cap is enforced in rugby league and the rhinos are at the very top at the moment ,they need to unload a few top earners then they can bring new players in , they used to get around it by registering players as dual code and getting yorks Carnegie (union) to pay the wages of certain players , this was
jumped on by the league and Hetherington was told to stop it .(Hetherington is chairman of the rhinos and Carnegie )

anybody who has not been to watch a game I urge you try it , you can have a beer on the stands , no d1ckhead stewards telling you to sit down and behave , the kids all sit around the pitch side on the walls , all the fans get on with very few problems , its everything that football used to be .this is a game played by men who are happy to stop and talk to the fans in the street and happily turn up at schools and hospitals to support local causes without the press following them .

I urge you to give it a go you may enjoy it , your kids will .

I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

becchio bear wrote:My team is Doncaster :-D Thomas has 3 of the Jones-Buchanan boys from Leeds Rhinos' Jamie at his school. :bear:
Why Doncaster bb? Just curious :-D
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Where she lives, you've heard the phrase bonnie lass well BB is a donnie lass
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote:
anybody who has not been to watch a game I urge you try it , you can have a beer on the stands , no d1ckhead stewards telling you to sit down and behave , the kids all sit around the pitch side on the walls , all the fans get on with very few problems , its everything that football used to be .this is a game played by men who are happy to stop and talk to the fans in the street and happily turn up at schools and hospitals to support local causes without the press following them .

I urge you to give it a go you may enjoy it , your kids will .
Can't disagree with you there Bert

My first port of call as a kid was Headingley

Attended many games for three seasons during the noughties, had many great times there.
The South Stand is rocking on a good night spurred by a drum. Only real disappointment was seeing us lose to 'ull in the Challenge Cup Final at Cardiff Millennium stadium