Gone up in my estimation!!!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Gone up in my estimation!!!

Post by hector »

I think he went some way to building bridges here last night... :tup:

http://www.thickaccent.com/2016/02/24/p ... yesterday/
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Gone up in my estimation!!!

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Doesn't need to build any bridges in my eyes.

Always felt Massimo wanted to cash in on him.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Played well for us then wanted to move on to a club we all thought would be going back to the prem, never held the club to ransom.

Nothing to get abused about for me.

Same as when we buy players from clubs that we see as "below us"
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Shields53 wrote:Doesn't need to build any bridges in my eyes.

Always felt Massimo wanted to cash in on him.
:tup:

Wonder what financial state we'd be in without the money from his transfer.
hibbi86
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @Hibbi86

Post by hibbi86 »

Im going to assume this is photo shopped!

McCormack Celebrates cooks strike :roflmao:
Attachments
Ross.JPG
Ross.JPG (22.9 KiB) Viewed 5168 times
Forever and ever we shall follow are team, because we're Leeds United we rule supreme!
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

hibbi86 wrote:Im going to assume this is photo shopped!

McCormack Celebrates cooks strike :roflmao:
He was there, they just kind of wandered into him in their huddle, he actually sort of pushes them away.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

gessa wrote:
:tup:

Wonder what financial state we'd be in without the money from his transfer.
Wasn't a criticism of Cellino by the way. £11 million for McCormack, stupid not to.

Just think the situation was made to look like Ross was really pushing for a move when in reality we probably just wanted the cash.
hibbi86
First Team
First Team

Post by hibbi86 »

Haha brilliant,

bet he wanted to celebrate haha
Forever and ever we shall follow are team, because we're Leeds United we rule supreme!
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I never had anything against McCormack, but I remember saying to Leon that, despite his goals, any team he played for (read "US") would prosper less the more goals he scored and it seems still to be true - not sure why!

Nice gesture from him though.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Never understood the need to abuse ex-players, even the ones that didn't really do anything for us (Hunt, Stewart etc...) Mc for me was one of best players in the last 10 years so he should be applauded when he comes back, it's not his fault we sold him, it is however his fault that he was considered so good Fulham paid £11million for him, money that we desperately needed.

So good on you Mc and I hope one day you get your dream and play in the Prem, not before us though :lol:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

My cousin went on the Elland Road tour Last week and the person giving the tour spoke about Ross McCormack. He said that Ross wanted to come back to Leeds Utd but his agent and Leeds couldn't agree peraonal terms. Ross wishes he'd never left the club according to this chap
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Disappointing, but not surprising, that some of our lot booed Ross last night, seems there is a section of our support that loves to hate. Ross delivered for us, in spades, and, IIRC, he did nothing to engineer a move away. We simply cashed in when Fulham's chairman lost his marbles with that bid! Though I note that, whilst he's scoring plenty, Fulham are struggling, which perhaps adds to the notion that he isn't a team player. That aside, I'm not surprised by his gesture last night, friends and fellow Leeds fans who have met him say he's a genuinely nice guy.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
hibbi86
First Team
First Team

Post by hibbi86 »

I personally dont believe he is not a team player, i just think hes been stuck in 2 teams that were defensively all over the shop, he gets plenty of assists as well as goals he did so during his time here and hes continued that at fulham also.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

lufc1304 wrote:seems there is a section of our support that loves to hate.
Truer words were never spoken (written) (typed).

I love to hate, too, but I always direct it outward where it belongs. Specifically, I hate Scum and Chelsea.

McCormack's OK in my book. Class move talking to the fans.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

lufc1304 wrote:Disappointing, but not surprising, that some of our lot booed Ross last night, seems there is a section of our support that loves to hate. Ross delivered for us, in spades, and, IIRC, he did nothing to engineer a move away. We simply cashed in when Fulham's chairman lost his marbles with that bid! Though I note that, whilst he's scoring plenty, Fulham are struggling, which perhaps adds to the notion that he isn't a team player. That aside, I'm not surprised by his gesture last night, friends and fellow Leeds fans who have met him say he's a genuinely nice guy.
You are absolutely spot on mate :tup: but these fans (the ones I spoke to last night) are convinced the likes of Byram did nothing wrong in their eyes :? makes no sense at all, I didn't boo Ross but a a lot people around me where booing :x . Ross is a class act and didn't engineer a move away as far as I recall as well. I met him a few times towards the end of his final season and he really is a genuinely nice guy. I do think he is a team player as well, as his assist record is very good and he created a number of chances last night he just didn't get a chance for himself (luckily for us :lol:) other than a free kick from 35 yards.
Ross was our version of Luis Suarez/ Bale etc, and did so much for our club.

Anyway it is great to see Brian Mc Dermott doing well as well, met Brian at York races along with Redders got a picture with both in 2013 with no idea how historic it would be that I got a picture with 2 Leeds managers/head coaches in one picture :lol: again both Brian and Redders were really nice people. I thought both Brian and Redders deserved more time, I guess it is a lesson of being careful for what you wish for, as most fans on the forum appeared to be glad McDermott and Redders had left the club. We are now 17th (below where McDermott and Redders left us in the past 2 seasons) and we now have a better squad on paper than what either Brian or Neil had. So, I can't help but wonder whether Leeds would be in a better position had we either let Brian lead us into 2014-15 or Neil lead us into 2015-16.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Shields53 wrote:
Wasn't a criticism of Cellino by the way. £11 million for McCormack, stupid not to.

Just think the situation was made to look like Ross was really pushing for a move when in reality we probably just wanted the cash.

6 of one half dozen of the other...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:

6 of one half dozen of the other...
A player & his agent who has spent much of his career negotiating improved contracts, must be soul-destroying for team morale
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

1964white wrote:
A player & his agent who has spent much of his career negotiating improved contracts, must be soul-destroying for team morale
They are all bloody at it these days.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Shields53 wrote:
They are all bloody at it these days.
Not all championship players. Fed up with the greed in football
hibbi86
First Team
First Team

Post by hibbi86 »

1964white wrote: A player & his agent who has spent much of his career negotiating improved contracts, must be soul-destroying for team morale
Unfortunately Leon when you play as well as he did and literally single handed at times pull us out of the SH*T alot of people will be chasing and the only way to keep him is give him more money.

if i could get my contracted renewed more than once a year id be doing it aswell unfortunately in my line of work it does work like that haha