Stuart Dallas, Taylor, Byram plus 1!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
joshlucas
Youth Team
Youth Team

Stuart Dallas, Taylor, Byram plus 1!

Post by joshlucas »

Think Dallas is our most creative midfielder when on form, but needs to be on the right with Byram behind him at right back. That means a left winger needs to be brought in during January to operate down the left with Taylor. This would give us quality and pace down the left and right flanks and suit the 4-1-4-1 formation perfectly. Harsh a bit on Wotton but the amount of times he has been in space on the right, but not had the skill or pace to push on. With Taylor, Byram, Dallas and one other on the flanks Wood and the attacking midfielders would surely be given more chances.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Stuart Dallas, Taylor, Byram plus 1!

Post by HarryofOz »

I thought Byram was leaving
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Post by drsdadsotherson »

What's the story with Botaka at the moment? I've seen a lot of potential in his play.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

drsdadsotherson wrote:What's the story with Botaka at the moment? I've seen a lot of potential in his play.
Unsure DDOS.....he came on as a sub early in the 2nd half at Charlton & he was really poor, tbh he looked uninterested. Whether Evans feels the same & has wrapped him up in cotton wool for the time being i can't offer any other explaination for Botaka's absence
joshlucas
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by joshlucas »

If Byram does leave then the money needs to be spent on a left winger, more adventurous right back and another number 9 type striker like wood. Which looks like being lafferty. If Murphy and cook can find top form they are good enough to play in the centre along with birdcutt.
hector

Post by hector »

I think that with Beradi fit, we have a better right back than Byram, and Wooton is improving with the experience..
Belusci should be in the back 4 instead of Bamba, and Adeyemi should be in midfield instead of the lukewarm Murphy, and yes we need a good striker, who can cope with the pressure of playing for Leeds....

so my current 1st team would be If all fit.....
Sylvestri
Beradi, Cooper, Belusci, Taylor
Left winger (Botaka?) Cook/Mowatt, Adeyemi, Bridcutt, Dallas,
New striker...

So I don't think we have to go too far in transfer window to improve a lot...
We could obviously do with back up in some positions too....
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

The above three hopefully yes, but here's my tuppence worth.
And I did put some thought in .. Silvestre with
Bamba, Belluschi, Cooper.
? Byram Bridcutt, Taylor.
Cook.... Dallas
Wood and Antennucci.
Of course it's attaching and offers little height in middle but?...
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Give Dallas a decent attacking full back and he will show his potential (allowing both on occasion to attack)
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

The only game I've seen botaka play in was the Brighton game so it's the only thing I can comment on, but before he was subbed (incorrectly in my eyes) he absolutely terrified their right back. Majority of the game he was being marked by two men and it's been a long time since I've seen that happen to a Leeds player. It could have been a total fluke though but I was very impressed with what I was of his ability to run at players, his crossing was a little off par though, which is something Evans seems keen on.