Leeds v Cardiff - Team/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Leeds v Cardiff - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

Team for Tuesday

??

Wootton Bellusci Cooper Berardi

Antenucci Cook Sloth Mowatt Botaka

Doukara
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Cardiff - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Genghers »

-------------Silvestri--------------
Byram-Bellusci-Cooper-Berardi
------------Adeyemi--------------
-------Cook--------Mowatt-------
Dallas---------------------Botaka
--------------Wood---------------

Wooton is not a RB, and though Byram had a shocker I'm not a fan of square pegs in round holes.

Adeyemi HAS to sit. None of this 'box to box' crap that Evans was spouting - all that leads to is him being out of position.

One of Cook and Mowatt pushing on in support of Wood who, despite the criticisms of him, is still the only striker we have who can play that role.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Silvestri
Byram
Bellusci
Bamba
Beradi
Cook
Murphy
Sloth
Boutaka
Mowatt
Wood
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

faaip wrote:Silvestri
Byram
Bellusci
Bamba
Beradi
Cook
Murphy
Sloth
Boutaka
Mowatt
Wood
Bamba suspended, so don't have a choice at CB!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bamba suspended & i believe Adeyemi can't play due to a clause a his loan agreement with his club Cardiff

So start changing your teams folks
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote:One of Cook and Mowatt pushing on in support of Wood who, despite the criticisms of him, is still the only striker we have who can play that role.
Doukara my beach whale of a player did more in the 20 minutes than the PLANK achieved in 70 minutes

We need to start giving other players in the squad an opportunity as we are going nowhere with the regular line-up

Is Bianchi fit yet ? played for the U21's this week
Gregsta
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Gregsta »

Genghers wrote: -------------Silvestri--------------
Byram-Bellusci-Cooper-Berardi
------------Adeyemi--------------
-------Cook--------Mowatt-------
Dallas---------------------Botaka
--------------Wood---------------
In agreement, apart from I'd play Murphy instead of Adeyemi. Although I accept Murphy was poor last night, I still think he's better than Adeyemi on his day.

And Cook and Mowatt have to play in the middle week in week out for me. Should be first names on the teamsheet.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote:Doukara my beach whale of a player did more in the 20 minutes than the PLANK achieved in 70 minutes

We need to start giving other players in the squad an opportunity as we are going nowhere with the regular line-up

Is Bianchi fit yet ? played for the U21's this week
Doukara is and has always been dreadful, whereas Wood has quality in his locker.

Doubt Bianchi is going to feature yet, probably a long way from fitness.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote: Doukara is and has always been dreadful, whereas Wood has quality in his locker.

Doubt Bianchi is going to feature yet, probably a long way from fitness.
Can't do any worse than Wood at the present time

The phrase Wood & quality really don't go together
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote:The phrase Wood & quality really don't go together

You can't expect strikers to make something of nothing every time. He's had a couple of chances he should have buried, but when you're feeding off scraps and only get the odd chance then of course you're going to be snatching at them/putting more pressure on yourself.

I don't know what the answer is, but a front 2 of Doukara and Antenucci isn't going to scare many defences. Mirco is decent, but imo he needs to be playing off someone, or maybe even coming in from wide/deeper as a lot of his goals are edge of the area efforts...
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote:
Can't do any worse than Wood at the present time

The phrase Wood & quality really don't go together
So you would play the player who has been consistently sh*t and doesn't look, over the course of a year, to be able to play better instead of playing someone who is playing s**t at the moment but has shown potential to be a lot better?
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Genghers wrote:

You can't expect strikers to make something of nothing every time. He's had a couple of chances he should have buried, but when you're feeding off scraps and only get the odd chance then of course you're going to be snatching at them/putting more pressure on yourself.

I don't know what the answer is, but a front 2 of Doukara and Antenucci isn't going to scare many defences. Mirco is decent, but imo he needs to be playing off someone, or maybe even coming in from wide/deeper as a lot of his goals are edge of the area efforts...
Chris Wood is the best striker we have at the moment without a doubt in my opinion. I remember when the fans I go to the games with insisted Benteke was dreadful (roughly a year ago) at Villa, however, as soon as they started playing to his strengths he once again became one of the best strikers in the league. If we do the same with Wood I think he can do the same, i.e. play the ball to his feet in the final 3rd were he can decide what he wants to do. Rather than trying to play it to his head 9/10 times, as he clearly has quality his passing and link up play is very good. I see him as more of a McCormack type of striker rather than a Matt Smith/ Becchio. At least 6 of the goals on that video have proven the point he needs the ball to his feet in the final third more often and he can either pick out a team mate, shoot or try to start an attacking move with Antenucci or whoever else is in the box, rather than getting one chance a game (at most) in the six yard box (where he only has one option shoot) he may not be a great finisher, however, these videos prove he has a lot more to offer and if we play to his strengths I think it will lead to him getting more chances and the players around him getting more chances.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Okay, all of you have convinced me that Chris Wood is a top striker

I must have suffered several senior moments in the twelve games i've seen him, sorry thirteen i saw him when he terrorised our defence the last time we won at home v Ipswich last March

First name on the team sheet for the Cardiff game
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

The whole team is probably playing with apathy at the moment...that would affect form, Rosler kept changing formation and line up.. Murphy out, then in for 1 game, back out, back in for a couple and back out again. That's why his form suffers

Continuity folks it's not that difficult, play players in their best positions and for a long time and you'll get results. If you constantly chop and change then you don't know your best line up and you probably never will. Pick one stick with it

My rule of thumb is 10 - 15 matches minimum to establish partnerships..especially central defence and the forward pairing.

This is about coaching, training and tactics...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote:Okay, all of you have convinced me that Chris Wood is a top striker

I must have suffered several senior moments in the twelve games i've seen him, sorry thirteen i saw him when he terrorised our defence the last time we won at home v Ipswich last March

Not having a go and as I said before, I concede that you've seen him much more than me. But you also know that players go through bad patches, and can come good after playing a while.

I feel that persisting with Wood is going to be more fruitful than when we kept Morison up front last year...

All just opinions, and we can all back them up with our own logic. It's always so lively on here when we're doing badly, long may it continue! :wink: :lol:
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

GK Silvestri
RB Lewis Coyle
CB Bellusci (Bamba suspended)
CB Cooper
LB Berardi
CDM Sloth
CM Cook
CM Mowatt
RW Buckley
STR Wood
LW Antenucci (not playing as an out and out winger).
I think introducing Lewis Coyle and Casper Sloth is a great idea, give them a game if it doesn't work it doesn't work we may as well try something a bit different in my opinion.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Always liked Sloth
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote:Okay, all of you have convinced me that Chris Wood is a top striker

It isn't that he is a top striker more a combination that he perhaps has the ability to be a top striker and that our other options (namely Doukara) are not any better. He looks low on confidence and all strikers look terrible when suffering from a lack of confidence. He already has scored as many goals from open play as Morrison got last season.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gary Shaw wrote:GK Silvestri
RB Lewis Coyle
CB Bellusci (Bamba suspended)
CB Cooper
LB Berardi
CDM Sloth
CM Cook
CM Mowatt
RW Buckley
STR Wood
LW Antenucci (not playing as an out and out winger).
I think introducing Lewis Coyle and Casper Sloth is a great idea, give them a game if it doesn't work it doesn't work we may as well try something a bit different in my opinion.
Lewie Coyle is ready for a first team place, i said at the start of the season it was only a matter of time that he would become the next young product to make an impact in the Leeds side. Like Berardi he is a RB who can switch to LB if necessary. Unsure if has picked up an injury as he didn't feature in the U21 game this week !
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Regards to Wood has the Elland Road striker curse struck again lost count of the strikers who have come to leeds with a proven record only to fail here.