Middlesbro' v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings...

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Middlesbro' v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings...

Post by 1964white »

Silvestri

Berardi
Bamba
Bellusci
Taylor

Adeyemi
Cook
Murphy

Byram
Wood
Dallas
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Middlesbro' v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings...

Post by Genghers »

I think that's what I would go with, too.

Adeyemi does a better job of the holding role than the other three and I think that Cook and Murphy are the strongest combination of the other 2...

Reckon Cooper will retain his place though, which is fine too.

Depending on how the game is going I'd like to see Botaka get some minutes.
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad »

The only bone of contention in that lot is......... is Sam Byram worth his berth at the moment? As things stand, and if he was officially signed at the moment, Will Buckley would be a strong shout for the right side of midfield. As he hasn't been officially signed yet, I can see Samby in his usual slot, but with possibly an early substitution in favour of Jordan Botaka, and let us see what he can do at last.
:tup:
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Like to see Botaka given a run out and give Sam a rest as I think all this transfer and contract talk is effecting his head
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

I think we need to go with a team similar to the last game at Middlesbrough.
So some of my choices I guess will seem controversial
GK Silvestri
RB Berardi
CB Bellusci (he has to play in my opinion he will be able to wind up Nugent a lot more than Cooper, which I think would be a good thing.)
CB Bamba
LB Taylor
CDM Adeyemi
CM Murphy
CM Mowatt
RM Cook- Cook can provide great cover here for Berardi and played here for almost the whole of the first half of last season, although his best position in my opinion is the Fabregas, Carzola like role, I think his energy can help us stop Downing creating chances.
STR Wood
LM Antenucci, as I haven't been impressed with Dallas defensively either so far, so Antenucci might as well play from the left hand side even if Charlie won't get the same level of defensive help as Berardi would on the other side in my opinion there are no better options until Buckley can play here in my opinion.
gessa

Post by gessa »

The problem I can see there Gary is, Nugent is more likely to wind Belusci up rather than the other way round.
Last edited by gessa on Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

1964white wrote:Silvestri

Berardi
Bamba
Bellusci
Taylor

Adeyemi
Cook
Murphy

Byram
Wood
Dallas
that's what I would go with. Bellusci is a must as is Adeyemi with Murphy on from the start and if we are behind and we need a goal bring Antenucci on for Adeyemi and Botaka on for Byram and push on in a more attacking outfit.

get Bellusci to get in the head of Nugent and Downing :twisted: COME ON LEEDS :tup:
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

gessa wrote:The problem I can see there Gary is, Nugent is more likely to wind Belusci up rather than the other way round.
Very true, Nugent always seems to play with a smile on his face especially when he is playing well. And he is a very intelligent striker and will probably aim to wind Bellusci up himself. I would hope that if Bellusci plays that Uwe will have made clear to him that Bellusci cannot let this happen.
hibbi86
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @Hibbi86

Post by hibbi86 »

Gary Shaw wrote: RM Cook- Cook can provide great cover here for Berardi and played here for almost the whole of the first half of last season, although his best position in my opinion is the Fabregas, Carzola like role, I think his energy can help us stop Downing creating chances.

LM Antenucci, as I haven't been impressed with Dallas defensively either so far, so Antenucci might as well play from the left hand side even if Charlie won't get the same level of defensive help as Berardi would on the other side in my opinion there are no better options until Buckley can play here in my opinion.
Dallas offensively and defensively as a winger is far better than Antenucci, Cook is a much better player in the center sticking him out on the wing to counteract dowing will not work as Downing will not stick out on the wing he will be given license to roam across the park.

I personally would stick dallas on the right and Mowatt on the left, with a central 3 of Murphy, Adeyami, Cook
Forever and ever we shall follow are team, because we're Leeds United we rule supreme!
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

hibbi86 wrote:
Dallas offensively and defensively as a winger is far better than Antenucci, Cook is a much better player in the center sticking him out on the wing to counteract dowing will not work as Downing will not stick out on the wing he will be given license to roam across the park.

I personally would stick dallas on the right and Mowatt on the left, with a central 3 of Murphy, Adeyami, Cook
This :tup: Dallas has looked much more potent an attacking threat when Rosler has moved him to the right
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gary Shaw wrote:I think we need to go with a team similar to the last game at Middlesbrough.
So some of my choices I guess will seem controversial
GK Silvestri
RB Berardi
CB Bellusci (he has to play in my opinion he will be able to wind up Nugent a lot more than Cooper, which I think would be a good thing.)
CB Bamba
LB Taylor
CDM Adeyemi
CM Murphy
CM Mowatt
RM Cook- Cook can provide great cover here for Berardi and played here for almost the whole of the first half of last season, although his best position in my opinion is the Fabregas, Carzola like role, I think his energy can help us stop Downing creating chances.
STR Wood
Sorry Gary it would be madness playing Cook on the right flank as he did v Ipswich where he was totally ineffective & arguably one of the reasons we lost that game. Grayson had a period where he took our best midfielder out of the middle & played him on the right wing, it didn't work whatsoever. Cook in the middle please where he can hurt the opposition !
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote:Sorry Gary it would be madness playing Cook on the right flank as he did v Ipswich where he was totally ineffective & arguably one of the reasons we lost that game. Grayson had a period where he took our best midfielder out of the middle & played him on the right wing, it didn't work whatsoever. Cook in the middle please where he can hurt the opposition !
Agree. We have better options in that position - either Byram or the untested Botaka would be preferable to playing Cook out of position. It's not going to help his development and the midfield will suffer from not having his energy in there.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

13/2 is the current best bet for Leeds to win at Boro. Got on at 7/1 last night. I hope it works out the same as last season.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Uwe suggesting that Botaka is ready during his presser today. Said he'd have come on in different circumstances at MK Dons.

Going to assess where Byram is mentally before making his selection.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Genghers wrote:Uwe suggesting that Botaka is ready during his presser today. Said he'd have come on in different circumstances at MK Dons.

Going to assess where Byram is mentally before making his selection.
Not understanding all the hands-off with Botaka? He is a footballer, then throw him in and see what he can do. Or have we signed another dud, ala, Habib Habibou?
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
jindy30
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by jindy30 »

Consistently, that is all I have to say. No new faces in this game. It's the biggest test of our young regulars and I want to see who's got the maturity to see this game out, win or lose. Byram in. It's funny that the lack of width we once complained of has now been turned on its head, so we now we the have indecision of who should play, with more wide players coming in. If Byram Does NOT fulfil the role Uwe is asking of him I personally think Ant should sub for him. Equally Antennucci could sub for Dallas depending in how the game is going.

Yes Antenucci is effective as an attacking sub but I think he should be a regular first teamer, just not in this game.

Watched some of the MK dons game on lutv and was surprised how well we played, worked really hard to shutdown a quick, and well organized, passing team. Very proud. Very impressed with Chris wood. And like cook, Taylor, Murphy, are the spine of the team. Actually not that impressed with Sol at times, he makes some suspect decisions if you ask me. I think maybe we could bought a proven, experienced CB instead of more wide players. Sol I think could benefit from a solid experienced partner.

I don't really understand the formation so much but I do like the idea of Dallas on the right, and ant on the left. With chrisy woods in the centre, holding the ball that seems pretty dangerous,

I have been paying particular attention to Uwe recently and he has stressed quick transition a couple of times, which to me spells counter attacking, so I am wondering how that is best achieved.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote:13/2 is the current best bet for Leeds to win at Boro. Got on at 7/1 last night. I hope it works out the same as last season.
Daft odds :shock:

Similar to the 6/1 the bookies were offering for us to beat Bournemouth at ER last season
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Early start tomorrow again, leaving home at 8.15am :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Uwe Rosler says the travelling United supporters will provide the motivation for Sunday’s trip to Middlesbrough (1.15pm). Having been wowed by half-time footage from last weekend’s 2-1 win at MK Dons, the head coach plans to show those clips to his players in their final pre-match meeting before heading to the Riverside Stadium. United, who will be backed by over 2,500 fans for the televised lunchtime clash, boasted the biggest away following in the country last weekend after a staggering 6,297 roared them to victory at stadiummk. “They were fantastic,” Rosler said. “I got some video clips where they were singing inside MK Dons’ stadium – it was tremendous. “I will show that to the players on Saturday for sure in our last team meeting. “It’s great support – over 6,000 – and we should never take that for granted. It’s something special. “In the UK I don’t think there are many Premier League clubs who have better support than that. “The atmosphere and the happiness I saw when they were celebrating at half-time when we were leading 2-0 made me happy.”
jindy30
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by jindy30 »

good luck to all those travelling to the game.