Place needs a shake up. (UPDATE where is everyone ?)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Place needs a shake up. (UPDATE where is everyone ?)

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Where is everyone?!
Seems dead on here of late.
Don't see meeta on here. The young blood along with me!
Never see Dr leeds posting.
Gino. Gessa rarely.
Lufcrace!
TWIGGS least said the better, but should be back. And take it on the chin!

The lad I pissed off mad leeds!

Emsley but seemed not a lot liked him on here, I did though!

Etc etc etc
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Place needs a shake up.

Post by John in Louisiana »

Maybe it's your avatar.

:)
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Place needs a shake up.

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Yankee john!! Your up! Maybe the time difference, the old giffers are fast sleep ;-)

You don't like shane macgowan??
Please don't say no
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Place needs a shake up.

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Ddos is on!!
Any news?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I agree Wolfie it looks like the forum is going through quite a lull.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote:Where is everyone?!
Gino. Gessa rarely.
Lufcrace!

Etc etc etc
You are bang on Wolfie :tup: those who still post on here are less active such as Ges, BB, Anorak & more. Even more worrying is the strong characters who have gone. People who rarely post will respond & say it's untrue but to you & i it is blatantly obvious there is a real lull on here. I do feel the emergence of Facebook & Twitter seems to have more appeal to folk who wish to get there social media kick thesedays.
Unfortunately we can't force people to post Wolfie. People change their habits.....i was in our local store last night buying a couple of presents for Mrs 64 to go along with the flowers for Mother's Day. In walked a bloke called Dave i hadn't seen for years, he was dressed in Hull City gear, my shock reaction was "you're not a Leeds fan anymore", he was buzzing about taking his young lad to Leicester to support the Tigers today :shock: that's folk for you !

We need positive idea's from our current members.

Certain members put in alot of effort to keep things ticking over on here

Ges & Martyn are committed to the football competitions on the Predictions Forum

Gandi does sterling work on the Horse Racing Thread

I do my best on the Music/MOTM threads

Without their contribution god knows how MOT would perform or survive !
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

For me I still read the posts but find them less interesting than I used to.For in my mind it seems to have wandered off the Leeds topics on to many others but that is just my opinion don't know how many feel the same but I have no interest in music but that is just me I know every body has their own likes.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:For me I still read the posts but find them less interesting than I used to.For in my mind it seems to have wandered off the Leeds topics on to many others but that is just my opinion don't know how many feel the same but I have no interest in music but that is just me I know every body has their own likes.
Thanks for your response EY :tup: you are correct this is essentially a Leeds United forum. Everyone can start LUFC threads to create interest, the more the merrier for me :-D
We do have around twenty people who not only love LUFC but also love their music & participate so that topic is not a problem.
hector

Post by hector »

I look at it everyday, the horse racing doesn't interest me at all... The music does... Obviously stuff about the club does, but I do find that there is a lot of negativity on here at times, and that makes me reluctant to either read it all or post...

I miss the posts of Ems and Twiggs too...
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

For what it's worth, I think the lull is, at least in part, due to a period of relative stability on and off the pitch. This place is buzzing when we are in crisis, with everyone having their own spin on who/what/why/how. I think the current inactivity is the price the forum pays for having a team that is ticking along nicely, and a club (putting aside TOMA #93) that appears to be doing the same. It IS a shame that some of the more 'invigorating' posters seem to have drifted away, but that's their choice, we can't force anyone to get involved
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote:I look at it everyday, the horse racing doesn't interest me at all... The music does... Obviously stuff about the club does, but I do find that there is a lot of negativity on here at times, and that makes me reluctant to either read it all or post...

Good point Hector :tup:
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

lufc1304 wrote:For what it's worth, I think the lull is, at least in part, due to a period of relative stability on and off the pitch. This place is buzzing when we are in crisis, with everyone having their own spin on who/what/why/how. I think the current inactivity is the price the forum pays for having a team that is ticking along nicely, and a club (putting aside TOMA #93) that appears to be doing the same. It IS a shame that some of the more 'invigorating' posters seem to have drifted away, but that's their choice, we can't force anyone to get involved
Nail on head.

People find it easier to talk about crisis than positive things. (My topic on the positive U21s getting 10 replies, mostly me, and the topics on TOMA/Jeremy Clarkson getting 20+). It's easier to have an opinion on a controversial subject, hence why most topics seem to bring up Cellino - most people here have ammunition in that debate.

I wouldn't worry about the 'lull', it happens in every aspect of life. It'll come good again.

There are still some good debates to be had. Should we give Adryan a permanent contract? With the news of 30k+ at Leeds today, what should Leeds be doing to get the average back up towards this value? How far can the youth players of today go?

This place was a hive of information during the uncertain days. We are now in a period where the future is brighter than it's ever been in the past decade. As we move forward, some new people will come, some old will flock back. And if not, well, it's Leeds, there is always a tragedy lurking around the corner.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

hector wrote:I look at it everyday, the horse racing doesn't interest me at all... The music does... Obviously stuff about the club does, but I do find that there is a lot of negativity on here at times, and that makes me reluctant to either read it all or post...

Twiggs posts were interesting as you never know which side of the argument he was going to take on any particular day. Most of his "opinions" were supplied by someone else more often than not.

I don't miss the casual racism and uninformed arguments though
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote:Where is everyone?!
Gino. Gessa rarely.
Lufcrace!

Etc etc etc
Good thread Wolfie, I can only speak for myself on this. I have definitely been less active of late,if it wasn't for the polls and competitions I would be here even less.There are a of a few of reasons for this, one being, the family is growing and taking more of my time, secondly I'm busier at work and lastly, I have been busier than this before but have always made an effort to post but because most of the Leeds related threads seem to end up turning into a McDermott/ Warnock/ Ross/ Cellino/ Fraudster/Range Rover/Boat debate, not that any of those things aren't important,they are, but to keep regurgitating the same things doesn't make good reading,quite frankly it bores the life out of me, so in all honesty,I can't be arsed to make the effort.
With regard to people who say there are too many other things on here other than Leeds topics, mainly music threads, horse racing etc,, firstly there isn't enough to talk about that is just Leeds to keep this or any other forum active, personally I think these things keep the forum alive, I have just looked in on waccoe, which is a lot busier forum than this, on the front page, which consists of 26 topics,only 5 are Leeds related, 3 of those being about today's game 2 of those could have been merged,one thread is Toma III, which consisted of 4 pages discussing fish n chips,1 other football related thread, 3 are horse racing, the rest being various topics, no music as they have a separate forum for that.
The intimacy of this forum is its main attraction but also could lead to its downfall,things seem to get taken a lot more personally, new members seem to find it difficult to get involved, for whatever reason. A while back Shields asked the question, has the forum run its course, I replied that I didn't think it had, I felt we had some great input recently from younger posters on here, now I'm not so sure, even they seem to be posting less at the moment, I have my own reasons why I think this is.
I'm not sure what the answer is,but I think something needs doing or things will only get worse.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote:Yankee john!! Your up! Maybe the time difference, the old giffers are fast sleep ;-)

You don't like shane macgowan??
Please don't say no
I LOVE Shane McGowan, but I'm still a bit angry with him.

The one time I got to see the Pogues (in San Francisco) he was too drunk to go on. That's the bad news. The good news was we got Joe Strummer instead. One of the truly memorable shows of my life.

Be careful who you call a yankee. Down here in the south being a yankee is not a good thing.

"YANKEE, n. In Europe, an American. In the Northern States of our Union, a New Englander. In the Southern States the word is unknown. (See DAMNYANK.)" Ambrose Bierce
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

John in Louisiana wrote:

The one time I got to see the Pogues (in San Francisco) he was too drunk to go on. That's the bad news. The good news was we got Joe Strummer instead. One of the truly memorable shows of my life.

Be careful who you call a yankee. Down here in the south being a yankee is not a good thing.

"YANKEE, n. In Europe, an American. In the Northern States of our Union, a New Englander. In the Southern States the word is unknown. (See DAMNYANK.)" Ambrose Bierce

Is it not a bet on four or more horses to win (or be placed) in different races then?... :wink:
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Place needs a shake up.

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

John in Louisiana wrote:

Ahhh apologies ;)
Ye same really cousin went to see him in cork. He came on stage lit a cig.
Poored a big glass of gin.
And fell off the stage and broke his leg..

Ruined himself!! One of the best songwriters of our time though
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Twitter: lufcrace

Post by LUFCRACE »

theleedsmango wrote:
Nail on head.

People find it easier to talk about crisis than positive things. (My topic on the positive U21s getting 10 replies, mostly me, and the topics on TOMA/Jeremy Clarkson getting 20+). It's easier to have an opinion on a controversial subject, hence why most topics seem to bring up Cellino - most people here have ammunition in that debate.

I wouldn't worry about the 'lull', it happens in every aspect of life. It'll come good again.

There are still some good debates to be had. Should we give Adryan a permanent contract? With the news of 30k+ at Leeds today, what should Leeds be doing to get the average back up towards this value? How far can the youth players of today go?

This place was a hive of information during the uncertain days. We are now in a period where the future is brighter than it's ever been in the past decade. As we move forward, some new people will come, some old will flock back. And if not, well, it's Leeds, there is always a tragedy lurking around the corner.
I agree with both these things. There is always a lull when things are going reasonably well!
BRING BACK BRADDERS

International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Besides, we've had a couple of shake-ups this last year and it's left us in this rampant apathy.
Maybe somnolent canines need to stay prone.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011