Gaetano Berardi....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Gaetano Berardi....

Post by 1964white »

Gaetano Berardi has been praised by Neil Redfearn, who believes the 26-year-old has produced when needed in the cut a thrust of the Championship.
Berardi started for Leeds in their 1-0 win away at Wigan Athletic yesterday, his first start for the Whites since their 1-1 draw against Bolton Wanderers on 10th January.
The Switzerland international turned in an accomplished display at the DW Stadium which left Redfearn purring over his performance.
And the head coach emphasised that though Berardi has not played regularly for Leeds in recent months, he has still been very much involved around the matchday squad.
"Very good. Very competitive", Redfearn said, summing up Berardi's performance to BBC Radio Leeds.
"To be fair to the lad, he's been out of the [starting] picture.
"He's been involved when we've done well, involved in this run. He had a similar performance at Bolton if I remember rightly.
"He's taken to it like a duck to water. He's just come in and picked up where he left off and it was a really gritty performance.
"It was needed."
Berardi joined Leeds last summer from Italian Serie A side Sampdoria and was expected to feature on a regular basis for the Whites.
The defender will hope to retain his spot in Redfearn's side for next weekend's Championship clash against Nottingham Forest at Elland Road

So pleased for Berardi as he had a somewhat checkered start to his career at ER. Seems to have settled down into a decent squad player & could easily make one of the full-back positions his own if he continues to impress.
Will be interesting to see if he keeps Cooper out of the team v Forest this Saturday
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Re: Gaetano Berardi....

Post by rich_leeds64 »

I thought Beradi was very good on Saturday, it was definitely his best game in a white shirt. He looked comfortable going forward linking well with Mowatt and Murphy but never got caught out of position and timed his tackles well.
When he played earlier in the season I thought he was a liability spending more time suspended than on the pitch but if Saturdays anything to go by we can expect to see more of him. :tup:
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

The Championship is a very difficult league to play well in. Not a lot of foreign players can come in and dominate. Glad he has finally found his footing and playing like he was expected to.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

So that's 4 'imports' (5 with Bamba) who have made, or are making, the grade. With a little luck, between the imports, the newbies and some resurrected 'previes', we seem to have got ourselves a decent defence, with some extra cover for that defence. Also a pretty competent midfield. Underpinning it all a better Coach than most thought, with an assistant who has made a difference and taken off some of the pressure.
Not time to celebrate - we've achieved nowt yet (except several very welcome clean sheets), but I'm heartened by the trend 64. :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote:So that's 4 'imports' (5 with Bamba) who have made, or are making, the grade. With a little luck, between the imports, the newbies and some resurrected 'previes', we seem to have got ourselves a decent defence, with some extra cover for that defence. Also a pretty competent midfield. Underpinning it all a better Coach than most thought, with an assistant who has made a difference and taken off some of the pressure.
Not time to celebrate - we've achieved nowt yet (except several very welcome clean sheets), but I'm heartened by the trend 64. :)
Silvestri, Bamba, Bellusci, Cooper, Berardi, Sharp & Antenucci have done well of late & the likes of Bianchi & Sloth have also had their moments so that's nine signings who have played a part during our season, not forgetting Doukara's goals, hopefully he can come good again !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Our most consistent defender in 2015
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Silvestri, Beradi, Mowatt, Murphy, Cook, Taylor, Byram

are nailed on building blocks.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

faaip wrote:Silvestri, Beradi, Mowatt, Murphy, Cook, Taylor, Byram

Can probably add Phillips to that list (if Redders is in charge at least).
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

need to see more of Phillips
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Silvestri, Beradi, Mowatt, Murphy, Cook, Taylor, Byram

True
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Another solid performance & my MOTM for Gaetano v the Owls
1964white

Post by 1964white »

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/777137428?-11130:816:0

Berardi has faith in Cellino & LUFC :-D
andywatson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by andywatson »

Maybe so, but what else could he be expected to say?

The last 3 paragraphs are more important in my view.
Wise.......well lets just say I TOLD YOU SO
1964white

Post by 1964white »

andywatson wrote:Maybe so, but what else could he be expected to say?

The last 3 paragraphs are more important in my view.
"I hate Cellino" :wink:
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

“I think that next season will be better. The president will be back together with the players, the team and the new coach,” he said.

“I have to play like the last month and I’m looking for us to have a good team to go to the Premier League.”

“I came to England not for a joke, I came to England to win the Championship.”
Must be a slow news day. We will do better than last season, he wants to play football, he's here to win the league. I mean, I go to watch Leeds not for a joke, I go to watch them win. Any aspiring journalist can quote me on that.

I wonder if Rosler fancies Byram up front in a 4-3-3 or rather have him at the back, hence pushing Berardi to a bench role.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
1964white

Post by 1964white »

theleedsmango wrote:
Must be a slow news day. We will do better than last season, he wants to play football, he's here to win the league. I mean, I go to watch Leeds not for a joke, I go to watch them win. Any aspiring journalist can quote me on that.

I wonder if Rosler fancies Byram up front in a 4-3-3 or rather have him at the back, hence pushing Berardi to a bench role.
That's a good point Mango

New manager with different idea's