Football League: Cellino Disqualified

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Football League: Cellino Disqualified

Post by Crude »

I'm not really bothered by this news, having been through 8+ years of Ken Bates and then GFH. Cellino will go nowhere, unless he gets stupid money from someone else to buy the club.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Armleywhite wrote:Well. It appears the people did get what they wanted. They clamoured for the monetary success mc could bring but at what cost now eh? Am I happy? Nope. Am I surprised? Nope. Am I upset? Not really. I always thought summat like this was coming. Just another day at he office for Leeds United it appears.
He's a bit dodgy, he's Italian, it goes with the territory. And as far as most Italian football club owners go he's probably well down the list of dodgy people. It does not really say anything about his ability to run a football club.

GFH and Bates however were out for their own ends from the start, to profit from the football club. Both far more unsuitable owners for a football club.

The rules are supposed to protect clubs, and the league in circumstances are supposed to put plans in place to safeguard the club. So far it seems to me they have done none of that and just seems to be a dispute with Cellino.
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Take em down Cellino! Nothing but a collection of incompetent idiots running the leagues. Cellino did wrong with his tax evasion, but those cards were on the table and the Feckin Lunatics passed him as fit to take over the club. So far, he has done nothing to further harm the club and, despite failing to meet some of his promises, he has had a net positive effect on the club. Moreso than what GFH were able to achieve, or indeed Bates, though Harvey can perhaps be forgiven as his head was so far up Bates ass that it was probably difficult to see the for through the s**t. GFH clearly didn't have the funds, experience or skills to improve the club but the FL passed that. I'm not Cellino's biggest fan, but this is ridiculous.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
Cozy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Cozy »

Just listening to Cellino giving an interview on Sky - seems like he's happy to kick on and fight, pleading that he's not guilty by Italian law and is in Bahrain meeting with GFH to raise £5m from them and £15m from him to put into the club?

Cellino : 'I am not going to run away....' but then in the next breath says something along the lines of I am in Bahrain with my partners GFH who have just given me some money - they are nice people...

Still can't understand how the FL can say that Cellino is unfit given their track record of allowing various individuals past and present running football clubs - seems that we're just been made an example of again & just re-affirms the farce that is the FL rulings on such 'tests' and passes...
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

I don't really understand why people are so up in arms over this....

He can quite easily just put his son etc. in temporary control/charge of the club....

OR

Keep the appeal process going and fight it until he is allowed back as owner earlier next year.

I'm sure a dirty dealer such as Cellino will have had a decent lawyer preparing for this news for quite a while...you don't become as rich as he is by being an idiot....
Cozy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Cozy »

danhirons wrote:I don't really understand why people are so up in arms over this....

He can quite easily just put his son etc. in temporary control/charge of the club....
Don't the FL have rulings around Shadow Directors which means that he in effect can't just put his son in charge and sit in the background?
gessa

Post by gessa »

Theoretically...... he loses his appeal, puts the club up for sale, for a realistic price, say what he paid for it, and gets no takers what would/could the FL do about it?
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

gessa wrote:Theoretically...... he loses his appeal, puts the club up for sale, for a realistic price, say what he paid for it, and gets no takers what would/could the FL do about it?
I suspect they could do absolutely nothing.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
andywatson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by andywatson »

Well, no one saw this coming did they? :roll:

I have said all along there was a price to pay for MCs millions. This is the latest instalment.

Of course, this one isn't a problem- tie the FL up in court for a little while until March when the conviction is spent, no harm done. Might need to put 2nd cousin Paulo in charge for a couple of matches, but never mind. f**k it, stick a GFH bod in for a month on the understanding he doesn't touch anything. Nothing that can't be got around. We look like a Mickey Mouse basket case of a club, but who gives a toss? Well I do, and I know others do too.

The problem is the 2nd yacht and the range rover. If the Italian courts get a conviction there, then MC cannot rely on a statute of limitations to act as a get out of jail free card. That could totally derail him. Whilst he might be technically correct arguing its the family money, I do think he is the one with the drive and ambition for Leeds. I do agree with the earlier sentiments from people though- this is a total misuse of the fit and proper persons test. For his (many) faults he does seem to be trying to put us back on an even keel (another yachting term!). OK, to call him our best owner in years isn't exactly high praise, it would be wrong, in my opinion, to question whether he has the best intentions for the club. The FL seem to be determined to use him as a scapegoat for their own ineptitude.
Wise.......well lets just say I TOLD YOU SO
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Hahahaha, they've covered this on ITV.

Reference to manager sackings. Check.
Fear of colour purple. Check.
Getting rid of Number 17. Check.
Playing guitar like a rock and roll tearaway. Check.

Pure guff to make it look like he is a loose cannon and bad for the club. No mention that the Football League knew there was potential for this and let him take over anyway. Anything to make us look like a joke.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

theleedsmango wrote:Hahahaha, they've covered this on ITV.

Reference to manager sackings. Check.
Fear of colour purple. Check.
Getting rid of Number 17. Check.
Playing guitar like a rock and roll tearaway. Check.

Pure guff to make it look like he is a loose cannon and bad for the club. No mention that the Football League knew there was potential for this and let him take over anyway. Anything to make us look like a joke.

the only thing there was potential for was running the club successfully, as he'd done with Cagliari for donkeys years.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

jeez, they say that no good deed goes unpunished...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

At its meeting last week, the Board considered the reasoned Judgment of the Italian Court against Mr. Cellino, having successfully applied to the Italian Courts for its full disclosure. The Board considered detailed legal advice and agreed unanimously with the exception of its Chief Executive, Shaun Harvey, who did not take part in the debate or vote having declared an interest*)

So what would that interest be then?
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Football League: Cellino Disqualified

Post by Martyn »

And the board who made the decision still contains the rapist's son. So that's OK then, he would know all about fit and proper people. Fine example to set
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Martyn wrote:And the board who made the decision still contains the rapist's son.
Who/what is this in relation to??
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

gessa wrote:So what would that interest be then?
I interest in totally f**king us up?

I think the fact that it's got to this stage is probably down to Harvey, so he'd done his damage already!
gessa

Post by gessa »

Genghers wrote: Who/what is this in relation to??
Karl Oyston is the chairman of Blackpool and one of two Championship Directors at the FL, his father who once was the owner of Blackpool,was convicted of rape in the 90's.
He has a Bates type history, with controversy constantly following him around, the father not the son.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Genghers wrote: I interest in totally f**king us up?

I think the fact that it's got to this stage is probably down to Harvey, so he'd done his damage already!
Don't know what but think it's something deeper than that.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

gessa wrote:Karl Oyston is the chairman of Blackpool and one of two Championship Directors at the FL, his father who once was the owner of Blackpool,was convicted of rape in the 90's.
He has a Bates type history, with controversy constantly following him around, the father not the son.
Ah. No tar on the son though, I'm sure.

They're just covering for their incompetence at the proper time for fit and proper tests. Saw Harvey condemning Cellino for not disclosing the fact he had a court case looming... Surely that's the sort of thing they ought to be finding out themselves during that process!
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

I dont think the football league are aware of google.