Hockaday Sacked: Official

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Hockaday Sacked: Official

Post by Martyn »

1964white wrote:I reckon employing Hock was part of Cellino's cunning plan with the knowledge that his tenure as LUFC head coach would be short-lived. MC didn't want a manager during the transfer window, someone who would be looking to bring in his own players.
I suspect the new manager/coach will be installed on the 1st September once the transfer window is shut !

As for the new man at the helm I reckon he will be an Italian coach which is logical I suppose !
On that theory, whoever comes in will be fired at the end of December.

I have seen lots of these "cunning plan" theories, all more complex than the natural reason - Cellino is shite at picking coaches. Always was at Cagliari, why would he be better now?
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Hockaday Sacked: Official

Post by Twiggster »

Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP
Possible runners and riders - Eamonn Dolan, Gary McAllister, Gianluca Festa, Rolando Maran, Ivo Pulga. But your guess is as good as mine.

Unfortunately, Dolan's name was being taken seriously by the bookies, after the Watford defeat! :shock: Tho Gary Mac has attended most of our games recently, including the Dundee friendly and was ay Bradford last night last night.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Cellino is a total joke !!!

Feel for The Hock, was never qualified to do this job yet our mad owner, president, chairman or whatever title he wants to be couldn't see what everyone else could !!
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
SUPERLEEDSUNITED
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by SUPERLEEDSUNITED »

Happy he has gone. Didnt think he was up to the job in the first place. However, not happy he was given the chance by MC in the first place. No proven record as a manager at this level, obviously not the fans favorite, it was doomed from the start. Absolute waste of pre season and start of a season. I do blame MC for that, to be fair to Hock he never stood a chance what with the fans views on him.

Hope he gets someone in now with proven track record at a similar level, not necessarily from this league but someone who can come in and maybe try put some good football together and wont take sh*t from anyone.

For me, Steve Clarke, Tim Sherwood. Thought they were both unfairly sacked from there posts. Mackay would have been but considering he is a raving sexist racist man may not be the best choice!! Or....someone similar to Martinez who can bring the 'European' style to Elland Road.

If we wanted to be really ambitious Di Matteo may be a good choice.

Chances are it will be Festa though or some other Italian manager. However they may be best for the club and the long term, if MC knows what long term is.
What kind of music do you usually have here?

Oh, we got both kinds. Country....and Western.
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad »

As I said in another .thread, I believe Cellino stated he would hire a British (or even English) coach to pander to those fans who were suspicious about such a big foreign input to the club. Fair enough, but why Hockaday I will never understand! Now he can go ahead and hire an Italian coach as he probably wanted to do in the first place. Okay Massimo, now lets get the REAL show back on the road!
Forza Leeds!
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

If only this had happened after the Watford game, we could have had Colin back :roll:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
SUPERLEEDSUNITED
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by SUPERLEEDSUNITED »

Would have been like the Second Coming.
What kind of music do you usually have here?

Oh, we got both kinds. Country....and Western.
Tiny
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Tiny »

There is only man we need at the moment and its this man.
Jesus because we need a miracle :roflmao:
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

Can we now call him Hockaway?
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

:roflmao: :roflmao: at the concept that this was Cellino's plan all along.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Tiny wrote:There is only man we need at the moment and its this man.
Jesus because we need a miracle :roflmao:
So we can assume this man (like Jesus), doesn't exist? We're DOOOMED!!! :wink:
Cozy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Cozy »

Pearce tweeted 'Disappointed' earlier so guessing he'll be sold onto Sheff Utd in the morning!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Drs.Dad wrote:As I said in another .thread, I believe Cellino stated he would hire a British (or even English) coach to pander to those fans who were suspicious about such a big foreign input to the club. Fair enough, but why Hockaday I will never understand! Now he can go ahead and hire an Italian coach as he probably wanted to do in the first place. Okay Massimo, now lets get the REAL show back on the road!
Forza Leeds!
My thoughts entirely.....get ready for the Italian job :lol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

HarryofOz wrote::roflmao: :roflmao: at the concept that this was Cellino's plan all along.

have to agree...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Cozy wrote:Pearce tweeted 'Disappointed' earlier so guessing he'll be sold onto Sheff Utd in the morning!
I'll be "disappointed" if he is. Will I care?
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

essexwhite
First Team
First Team

Post by essexwhite »

Dennis? :-D
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Well now we have been landed with aload of players the new coach would not want to late to bring in any players he may want once again another major c**k up from someone who does not understand the British game.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:Well now we have been landed with aload of players the new coach would not want to late to bring in any players he may want once again another major c**k up from someone who does not understand the British game.

You don't get it do you mate? Cellino picks the players - the coach/manager gets them fit and decides tactics (or in fukaday's case "tictacs") - end of...as goneaway would say..."it is what it is" :roll:
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

If cellino wants to play at football manager let him buy the game cos he has no clue to players ability by looking at what he has brought in already.