has anyone changed their mind yet?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

has anyone changed their mind yet?

Post by ldsutd »

I know it's still early in the season but I can feel that things are starting to change at Elland Road. New signings of better than the usual quality, players now seem to want to win and have the fight back and we are starting to play football instead of hoofball. The debts are coming down and it looks like we won't be taken for mugs in the transfer window thanks to the no nonsense approach of Cellino and Salerno. So has your first opinion changed regarding Cellino coming to Lufc?
Last edited by LUFCRACE on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Sorry, the grammar pedant in me couldn't let 'there' go any longer ;)!
Adelaidewhite
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: has anyone changed there mind yet?

Post by Adelaidewhite »

Too early to say only one win after all . There's some harder games ahead those will be the testers for both manger and players alike . As others have said sharpy has made a great start but another out and out striker would be great for competition within the team and also injury woes .Baby steps at this stage but at least we're back to winning ways .
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Never doubted our saviour Cellino from day one so need to change my mind. Always realized that this would be a transitional period & our future is in good hands therefore time & patience are required from our fans this season
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

A lot of positives for sure. But we've got excited after one or two games before. Weren't we in the playoff spots at Christmas last year.

Salerno and Cellino have certainly pulled their weight in getting players in - 11 or so now. It's too early to fairly judge the players but lets hope they get the same passion for playing here that Sharp has shown. Easy to get over excited and think everything is going brilliantly after stealing a last minute goal in a game where we should really have been 1-0 down in.
The majority of players certainly look fitter and sharper than last season and, despite the treatment of McDermott and the selling of McCormack, there seems to still be a great camaraderie amongst the playing team.

Still think people are overestimating how hard it is going to be to develop the passing style in our game. It seems so simple, a coach walks in and says we are going to play passing football, everyone morphs into passing mode and voila. Eliminating hoofball is for the best, but there are still many teams out there that are successful without relying on possession (Chelscum for example, where a blend of good defending, acute tactics and being decisive when in possession is their key to success). Yesterday we won (stole?) the game when we realised our midfield was overrun and improved the subs. Our goal came from a brute force shot and a poach of the rebounded ball. We won because of some excellent last ditch defending. Think we need to re-evaluate how we judge Hockaday, and it shouldn't be on whether he succeeds at a passing possession based game.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

The " president" never worried me, look at what he has to follow! Can't be much worse, hockaday on the other hand, scared the life out of me! Still does to a certain extent, but give the lad a s**t
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote:Never doubted our saviour Cellino from day one so need to change my mind. Always realized that this would be a transitional period & our future is in good hands therefore time & patience are required from our fans this season
More or less what I was going to put :tup: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

Watched highlights on Sky last night.....might up my prediction from 16th to 12th :wink:

Too early to say but we look better than i expected :tup:

Sharp looked quite hot :luv: :luv: :luv: Becchio Bear now Billy Bear ? :wink:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote:Never doubted our saviour Cellino from day one so need to change my mind. Always realized that this would be a transitional period & our future is in good hands therefore time & patience are required from our fans this season

I also have thought we have the right chairman from day one...indeed well before day one.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

dezzy wrote:The " president" never worried me, look at what he has to follow! Can't be much worse, hockaday on the other hand, scared the life out of me! Still does to a certain extent, but give the lad a s**t

Hockaday never worried me because I know MC will act quickly if he fails...managerial records really don't add up to a hill of beans at the end of the day....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

Ronan wrote:Watched highlights on Sky last night.....might up my prediction from 16th to 12th :wink:

Too early to say but we look better than i expected :tup:

Sharp looked quite hot :luv: :luv: :luv: Becchio Bear now Billy Bear ? :wink:
Lol Ronan I did say in VLR yesterday I could well change to Sharp Bear :P :bear:
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

I always thought Cellino was the right man to take leeds forward. I just wanted to know if the original doubters had slightly changed there minds yet. I also know it was our first win of the new season that's why I didn't mention the win in the original post but I did mention the signings and the reduction in debts.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

I'm feeling more positive about the season now and with Sharp Shooter in our forward line :wink:
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team

Post by woodfordwhites »

becchio bear wrote:
Lol Ronan I did say in VLR yesterday I could well change to Sharp Bear :P :bear:
eac95cfe29ccc929167881bac61048a1.jpg
eac95cfe29ccc929167881bac61048a1.jpg (9.19 KiB) Viewed 4621 times
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

woodfordwhites wrote:
eac95cfe29ccc929167881bac61048a1.jpg

Ha ha nice one :lol: :bear:
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

I'll echo some of those sentiments.

I've supported Cellino from the beginning and will continue to do so, regardless of the win/loss record over the rest of this season. How can you not love an owner who is so passionate about the TEAM (as opposed to the loot), especially when compared to previous ownership.

The machinations of previous ownership make sense only if you believe they were in it to enrich themselves, team and fans be damned. Cellino, whatever his shortcomings, is obviously of the opinion that his money will come when the team is on a sound footing (both at the bank and on the pitch) and the fans are being given a reason to attend. And while I can't attend, my purchases of shirts and mugs have increased recently. It's much easier to support the effort when you believe an effort is actually being made.

So I'm still not getting my hopes up for promotion this year; we need to be realistic. But I am hopeful for the future, and that sort of hope was very hard to come by before Cellino showed up.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

John in Louisiana wrote:I'll echo some of those sentiments.

I've supported Cellino from the beginning and will continue to do so, regardless of the win/loss record over the rest of this season. How can you not love an owner who is so passionate about the TEAM (as opposed to the loot), especially when compared to previous ownership.

The machinations of previous ownership make sense only if you believe they were in it to enrich themselves, team and fans be damned. Cellino, whatever his shortcomings, is obviously of the opinion that his money will come when the team is on a sound footing (both at the bank and on the pitch) and the fans are being given a reason to attend. And while I can't attend, my purchases of shirts and mugs have increased recently. It's much easier to support the effort when you believe an effort is actually being made.

So I'm still not getting my hopes up for promotion this year; we need to be realistic. But I am hopeful for the future, and that sort of hope was very hard to come by before Cellino showed up.
Good post John. The way Cellino/Salerno are running the club show they actually have a very good grasp what they are doing. And while it won't be easy, doing things the right way now will help smooth the path later on.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Not yet as the old saying goes one swallow does not make a summer.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I live in SW Missouri and I can feel the vibes from 4500 miles away.
This man is, potentially, our saviour - an end to the crap we have lived through all these years.

My overriding thought is, how can we thank this man? How can we show him that we care greatly for him and his passion. I have no idea why he picked us but I’m so grateful he did.
He's the first person in all these years to care about us and where we want to be. He’s put his heart and soul into making us great.
I can't believe our good luck. Even if he doesn't succeed, I’ll be truly grateful to the man who is giving us part of his fiscal fortune and all his drive and ambition. The man’s a billionair e and he’s elected to share his fortune with us.
Seriously, how do we thank him, because we Leeds fans need to. He’s a very emotional person and he needs to feel loved by us.
Just a thought, but a very serious one.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

I feel no different about him, we have spent no money as yet beyond what has come in and he himself admitted the large amount we got for RmC was just a figure to put them off.

For me I will wait for 2 things,

Purchasing ER as he has said he will.
Funding players without them being precluded by sales.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
hibbi86
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @Hibbi86

Post by hibbi86 »

mav wrote: For me I will wait for 2 things,

Purchasing ER as he has said he will.
Funding players without them being precluded by sales.
Funding players without them being precluded by sales is one i think personally you should scribble off, this day and age you just can go out buying players beyond our means anymore due to the FFP rules.

Yes the likes of city, chelsea, man u liverpool, arsneal can do this but thats solely because of the huge tv rights and the Uefa money they get year on year.
Forever and ever we shall follow are team, because we're Leeds United we rule supreme!