Egg has been scrambled?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Re: Egg has been scrambled?

Post by ldsutd »

theleedsmango wrote:
Again, mutual consent does not give the same payments as being terminated.

We'd have been a laughing stock this season if Brian had have walked away after been fired. Would any manager have came close to agreeing to work with Leeds at that time? Would we have had the money if they did? 'just as well for football'... I know Brian didn't exactly set the world on fire but he had a passion and with proper backing would have done a hell of a lot better, based on pre Christmas form (i.e. before the crap hit the fan at the club. Again.) He'll do well enough at another 'football' club. Even if he is receiving the financial benefits of being fired of which he isn't because he hasn't... he will go to another club within months because his passion is football.

We had a four, possibly a five. We've rolled it hoping for a guaranteed six. Sure, what's the worst that could happen?
we had our best game when he was sacked the players and coaches didn't know Brian was coming back during our great win and they performed brilliantly and also why did we need to get another manager to come in straight away we had coaches available to take over as caretakers until things behind the scenes was sorted.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Twiggster wrote:Have to ask - why were you looking on a yids forum, to find this? :shock:
No need for the offensive language, Twiggs.

Pretty disappointed for Brian, feeling that he never got a proper chance to show us what he could do here. Maybe it was the right decision, but we'll never know how far he could have gone with proper backing now...

I think an ex-player who's done their coaching badges should be in next. If Cellino's going to be the one controlling the players in and out, and the one picking the team, we ought to have someone with passion for the club in the dugout (I know Brian had passion for the club too, but ah well...).
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Genghers wrote: No need for the offensive language, Twiggs.
Beg Pardon??? :shock: Where have I used offensive language?? :duno: Spurs call themselves "the yids". Like we call ourselves "vile animals"..Stop looking for offence where none exists. FFS. :roll:
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Yid is an offensive term. Doesn't matter who uses it... Would have been just as quick to say 'Spurs forum', and to the same effect.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Genghers wrote:Yid is an offensive term. Doesn't matter who uses it... Would have been just as quick to say 'Spurs forum', and to the same effect.
Go bollox. You are looking for controversy where none was ever intended. Stupid and pointless reaction :tdown:
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

Hallelujah
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

I really thought BM would have done better given what he did at Reading . I don't remember clueless tactics and gutless surrender being par for the course at the Madjeski ? Clearly a man of integrity and should be respected as such . Relieved he's gone . On the other hand goodness knows what'll happen now .
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Twiggster wrote: Go bollox. You are looking for controversy where none was ever intended. Stupid and pointless reaction :tdown:
Come on Twiggs....Genghers is right the word "yid" is an offensive term, as for us Leeds fans labelling ourselves "vile" i personally don't wish to be associated with chants relating to peado/vile animals, etc, i detest the horrible songs :x
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

Back on topic......wouldn't care if we got a chimpanzee as boss as long as we can get the real Leeds Utd back !! :shirt:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Ronan wrote:Back on topic......wouldn't care if we got a chimpanzee as boss as long as we can get the real Leeds Utd back !! :shirt:
You offering your services then Ronan :wink: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

becchio bear wrote:
You offering your services then Ronan :wink: :bear:

....thinking more about hairy Gino !!! :wink: :wink:

or come to think of it....you Ang...before your Brazilian !!!! :roflmao: :roflmao:

NB....odds on next manager...surprise...strong Italian link !!

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/foo ... nt-manager
Last edited by Ronan on Sat May 31, 2014 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Durly wrote:The right decision, no doubt, and I say that with a heavy heart, as I liked Brian and thought he seemed like a breath of fresh air when he first arrived. Soon turned sour though and, despite the immensely difficult circumstances he had to work under, there was no excuse for some of the dreadful performances we dished out in the early part of this year.

Good luck Brian. Good decision Cellino........although you might have handled it in a more dignified manner. BUT, please don't now think that Carbone is the answer!!
Not sure he could have handled it much better! The club statement quoting Cellino speaks highly of the egg. Things have obviously been going on in the background that we as fans are unaware of. He's gone now so all we can do is look to the future and hope for better things. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Egg has been scrambled?

Post by Martyn »

I think this is a decision we may come to regret.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Egg has been scrambled?

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

T
Twiggster wrote:
Beg Pardon??? :shock: Where have I used offensive language?? :duno: Spurs call themselves "the yids". Like we call ourselves "vile animals"..Stop looking for offence where none exists. FFS. :roll:
This
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Guildford White wrote:I think this is a decision we may come to regret.
Only time will tell

I've always felt we needed a clean sweep starting from top to bottom if we wish to move forward
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Twiggster wrote:Go bollox. You are looking for controversy where none was ever intended. Stupid and pointless reaction :tdown:
So sorry to have offended you by taking offence at your offensive language.
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

As far as I know the Spurs fans taking on the moniker of Yid Army was to embrace the Jewish fan base and to cleverly beat abuse from other fans. I'm afraid I'm with Twiggy on this one, his comment implied no derogatory connotations to anyone of Yiddish origin.

Back on topic, about the man we deemed the egg (no offence to anyone who might find offence in comparing a follicle-challenged man to a shelled object. None taken I notice.) His heart was with Leeds. He had the capacity but not the support. I sincerely doubt our next coach will have the same understanding and passion. Cellino is passionate and eccentric, but a character like that always needs a level headed man to ying his yang.

I'd be content enough getting rid of McDermott, an overall change can be a good thing but only if we were to get a proper manager in of greater quality. I still don't, however, like where this is headed.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

becchio bear wrote:
Not sure he could have handled it much better! The club statement quoting Cellino speaks highly of the egg. Things have obviously been going on in the background that we as fans are unaware of. He's gone now so all we can do is look to the future and hope for better things. :bear:
Oh, I agree, the statement shows a lot of mutual respect between the two. I think the actual parting has been handled well. What I meant was that Cellino obviously knew that McD was not his man and, when the season was over he should have addressed the issue, rather than ignoring Brian and not being clear about what was happening. I know he's got a lot of other crap to deal with regards the club's finances but all the "he's on holiday....I can't contact him....we don't have a manager" stuff was disrespectful and unnecessary.

As I say, a parting of the ways is clearly the right thing and ultimately the statement and PR has been positive. I'm glad he's moving on.

Anyone else think the timing of doing it now and not as soon as the season had ended is related to this week's sale of Cagliari and initial £5m payment to Massimo?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I'm actually looking forward to the forth-coming season now :-D

Season Ticket Forms/payment posted off yesterday
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Once again United are in the news for all the wrong reasons,i felt McDermott was never given a true chance in all my years I have known any manager of any club have to put up with what he did he was a true gentleman at all times I hope he goes on to have success at his next club.Why would any manager worth his salt take over leeds I suspect it will be some untried yes man who dare not cross the owner.I think we are not in for the good times we all hope for a long time the club will continue to have money troubles for a while to come.We may end up with a lot of second rate high ti players and heaven forbid Carbone gets the coaches job because all he will be is a yes man.Think I might go up to bookies and see what price I can get for relegation because I am sure we will finish up lower than last season.As regards to season ticket this year I am waiting until after June 9th before I part with any money because if it all goes tits up you can bet your life the football legue will find some way of hitting us.