Egg has been scrambled?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Egg has been scrambled?

Post by Twiggster »

"Parted company" ?

Adam Pope ‏@APOPEY
#lufc Manager Brian McDermott has left the club by mutual consent .

WOAH! :shock:
gessa

Re: Egg has been scrambled?

Post by gessa »

Club statement to follow...no great shock
Carbone tomorrow??????? Hope not.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

gessa wrote:Club statement to follow...no great shock
Carbone tomorrow??????? Hope not.
Doubt it/hope not...Cellino has allus said HE will be the manager...
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Inevitable.

Club announcement regarding Brian McDermott...

PUBLISHED 30 MAY 2014 AT 11:00

Brian McDermott and Leeds United have announced their mutual decision for the Leeds United manager to depart from his position.

Leeds owner Massimo Cellino stated: "Brian is a great manager and a great guy. He has been unfortunate to work in such difficult circumstances. I did not fully understand the mess he had to work in, and the broken promises he had to deal with, until I have got involved trying to turn Leeds around.

"He has been a gentleman to deal with in our discussions and has been very understanding of my wish to implement a new structure. His main concern and priority at all times has been the welfare and protection of Leeds United. I wish him well for the future where I am sure he will continue to have more success and thank him for his efforts in being a stabilising and unifying figure behind the scenes in very difficult circumstances.

"His honest efforts to guide us to the safety of mid-table when faced with many difficulties is appreciated by us all. He will always be a friend of Leeds United."

Brian McDermott stated: "It has been my great privilege to manage this great club and I have enjoyed the challenge immensely.

"However it is clear that Massimo wishes to implement a new structure and feels he will work more successfully for Leeds with a coach rather than a manager. I respect that Massimo must be fully supported in putting together his vision for the club so he can bring us the success we all want. It is my belief that when truly United we are stronger. Massimo wants to bring a new energy to the club so that we can return to where we belong as a healthy football club.

"To my players for their efforts I say a big thank-you. To all the staff and especially my great assistant manager Nigel Gibbs and my great friend Patrick Dolan I am especially grateful for their support.

"Finally to the incredible force that is the Leeds United supporters, I offer my heartfelt thanks. Your support of me and the players was always an inspiration and I urge everyone to get behind the team and the new owner next season to get us back to where we need to be, fighting for trophies and competing at the top-table of English and European football.

"It won't be easy, but Marching On Together we can get there.

"I wish Massimo and all my friends at Elland Road every success in the future."
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

never doubted it to be honest. I am just surprised it has taken this long and a few players to follow in the next few weeks I think.
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

The right decision, no doubt, and I say that with a heavy heart, as I liked Brian and thought he seemed like a breath of fresh air when he first arrived. Soon turned sour though and, despite the immensely difficult circumstances he had to work under, there was no excuse for some of the dreadful performances we dished out in the early part of this year.

Good luck Brian. Good decision Cellino........although you might have handled it in a more dignified manner. BUT, please don't now think that Carbone is the answer!!
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Egg has been scrambled?

Post by Martyn »

Gandalf wrote:Inevitable.

Club announcement regarding Brian McDermott...

PUBLISHED 30 MAY 2014 AT 11:00

Brian McDermott and Leeds United have announced their mutual decision for the Leeds United manager to depart from his position.

Leeds owner Massimo Cellino stated: "Brian is a great manager and a great guy. He has been unfortunate to work in such difficult circumstances. I did not fully understand the mess he had to work in, and the broken promises he had to deal with, until I have got involved trying to turn Leeds around.

"He has been a gentleman to deal with in our discussions and has been very understanding of my wish to implement a new structure. His main concern and priority at all times has been the welfare and protection of Leeds United. I wish him well for the future where I am sure he will continue to have more success and thank him for his efforts in being a stabilising and unifying figure behind the scenes in very difficult circumstances.

"His honest efforts to guide us to the safety of mid-table when faced with many difficulties is appreciated by us all. He will always be a friend of Leeds United."

Brian McDermott stated: "It has been my great privilege to manage this great club and I have enjoyed the challenge immensely.

"However it is clear that Massimo wishes to implement a new structure and feels he will work more successfully for Leeds with a coach rather than a manager. I respect that Massimo must be fully supported in putting together his vision for the club so he can bring us the success we all want. It is my belief that when truly United we are stronger. Massimo wants to bring a new energy to the club so that we can return to where we belong as a healthy football club.

"To my players for their efforts I say a big thank-you. To all the staff and especially my great assistant manager Nigel Gibbs and my great friend Patrick Dolan I am especially grateful for their support.

"Finally to the incredible force that is the Leeds United supporters, I offer my heartfelt thanks. Your support of me and the players was always an inspiration and I urge everyone to get behind the team and the new owner next season to get us back to where we need to be, fighting for trophies and competing at the top-table of English and European football.

"It won't be easy, but Marching On Together we can get there.

"I wish Massimo and all my friends at Elland Road every success in the future."
McDermott shows a great deal of dignity in that statement.

A shame, he never had a chance.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Post by drsdadsotherson »

My guess is that we will never know the full extent of what Brian had to deal with. I wish him all the best and despite overall inadequate results he leaves with my thanks for his commitment and dignity.
Wrong club, wrong time for the guy.
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

tactically inept made some terrible mistakes, ok it was hard behind the scenes but some of his tactics and player positions was poor. I wish him all the best but it was time to move on.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Massimo is doing everything right in my opinion & should be congratulated :tup: new broom sweeps clean

I wish Brian well who has acted with real dignity although i can't feel sorry for him as now he'll be drawing two lucrative salaries without lifting a finger with no more pressure managing or football club or two :|
1964white

Post by 1964white »

ldsutd wrote:tactically inept made some terrible mistakes, ok it was hard behind the scenes but some of his tactics and player positions was poor. I wish him all the best but it was time to move on.
Indeed :tup: you only had to be at the games to realise how bad it was, the worst season in over 50 years for me, was relieved when it was all over tbh !
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

1964white wrote:Massimo is doing everything right in my opinion & should be congratulated :tup: new broom sweeps clean
^^^^ THIS :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

One good thing to come out of this story tonight is MOT will be buzzing again :lol:
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

I don't think you get a salary if it's mutual consent. Only if the employing party cuts the contract short.

Even in shitty conditions, Brian operated with dignity, respect and honoured the tradition of the club. People were expecting a miracle and not many would stand by Brian with the same patience he stood with the turmoil in this club. He was no Mourinho, no Fergie, no Rogers... but the pull of our club hasn't recently been able to attract managers, or players, of notable quality.

I'm not against Cellino's restructuring but, as with Brian, as with GFH, as with Noel frickin' Hunt, he needs time to try his methods and philosophies... does Cellino have the intellect, skills and patience to succeed in Englands second tier... all signs point to no. The club is in a huge mess on the pitch and off, I have sincere doubts that one man, who has no experience in England, can fix both at the same time.

I'm a supporter of Brian. But even more so, I'm a supporter of having a manager at Leeds. The coach will be a yes guy, not a man to make any footballing decisions other than what training drill we do on a Monday, and which we do on a Thursday. We are now solely in the hands of Cellino. While I have unsubstantiated faith in him in somewhat making an improvement to the financial situation... I don't believe we will improve on the pitch with this 'restructuring'.

On another note, thanks McCormack and good luck with your future endeavours.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

1964white wrote:Massimo is doing everything right in my opinion & should be congratulated :tup: new broom sweeps clean

I wish Brian well who has acted with real dignity although i can't feel sorry for him as now he'll be drawing two lucrative salaries without lifting a finger with no more pressure managing or football club or two :|
He is laffing right now, financially! Probs never have to work again? :? Probably just as well for football...
Ryan_LUFC
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @ryan_merri

Egg has been scrambled?

Post by Ryan_LUFC »

Difference between head coach and manager?

A thread from a Spurs forum back in 2012:

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread ... nd-Manager
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Ryan_LUFC wrote:Difference between head coach and manager?

A thread from a Spurs forum back in 2012:

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread ... nd-Manager
Have to ask - why were you looking on a yids forum, to find this? :shock:
CardiffWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by CardiffWhite »

So I wonder who we have for the next 6 months or so before the next sacking?
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Twiggster wrote:
He is laffing right now, financially! Probs never have to work again? :? Probably just as well for football...
Again, mutual consent does not give the same payments as being terminated.

We'd have been a laughing stock this season if Brian had have walked away after been fired. Would any manager have came close to agreeing to work with Leeds at that time? Would we have had the money if they did? 'just as well for football'... I know Brian didn't exactly set the world on fire but he had a passion and with proper backing would have done a hell of a lot better, based on pre Christmas form (i.e. before the s**t hit the fan at the club. Again.) He'll do well enough at another 'football' club. Even if he is receiving the financial benefits of being fired of which he isn't because he hasn't... he will go to another club within months because his passion is football.

We had a four, possibly a five. We've rolled it hoping for a guaranteed six. Sure, what's the worst that could happen?
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings