Egg has been scrambled?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Re: Egg has been scrambled?

Post by becchio bear »

Never given a true chance?? Brian put the team out week in week out, Brian decided not to bother subbing until it was way too late week in week out, Brian's decision to play Stewart and Kebe (the much needed wingers to ping the ball up to our big guy up front) and then leave Smith on the bench, Brian's decision when we were 2 nil down at home to play Aryibi (young lad, lacking in confidence) probably shot his confidence to pieces in front of the baying crowd. Need I go on? Our best game this season was the one when Brian had been "sacked" and Gibbs was in charge. Says it all really. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
andywatson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by andywatson »

Probably the best decision for all concerned.

I've never called for a Leeds manager to be sacked- well with one noteworthy exception- because if we stand by "Marching on together" then that should include when things aren't going well. It's easy to be united when things are running our way. But it's probably fair to say that he was now carrying so much baggage that a clear start will be easier than trying to restart a stalled plan. Assuming we can find someone prepared to risk their entire career as a manager on a basket case of a club that may/may not be being sorted out by a maverick owner that seems to be a law unto himself.

He has been a credit to himself in his time with us- and I am guessing the move to WBA is pretty much sorted- hence the mutual decision. I don't think anyone can make a fair assessment of his ability based on his time with us. He has (at times) been treated appallingly by Cellino- the sacking/questioning his holiday. The retained/release list being compiled without his input told me that he didn't have long left. He pretty much had a nailed on case for constructive dismissal in my opinion. Hopefully the new man will be treated better, otherwise we are in for a very long wait for meaningful success and can expect more of the kind of depressing headlines we have become accustomed to in the last decade.
Wise.......well lets just say I TOLD YOU SO
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Egg has been scrambled?

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Twiggster wrote:
Beg Pardon??? :shock: Where have I used offensive language?? :duno: Spurs call themselves "the yids". Like we call ourselves "vile animals"..Stop looking for offence where none exists. FFS. :roll:
Black people (rappers in particular) may refer to themselves or each other as n****r. It doesn't make the term any less offensive I'm afraid.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

loving the comparison of a Jewish slur with vile animals as one and the same thing ....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Seeing Dave Hockaday is being linked with the vacant Leeds job.... would be worse than Carbone in my opiniom. Never achieved anything at forest green when they had the biggest budget in the conference the idea of Hockaday fills me with dread
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote:Seeing Dave Hockaday is being linked with the vacant Leeds job.... would be worse than Carbone in my opiniom. Never achieved anything at forest green when they had the biggest budget in the conference the idea of Hockaday fills me with dread

Don't know how they get derive these odds. Anything below Carbone and Hockaday is pure nonsense.
Cellino: Hey. I'm the new chairman here. Just fired a hard working, highly respected manager. Twice. We are struggling to pay the players we have never mind get new ones in. We're likely to be giving up the training ground. The club is involved in numerous disputes with former employees. Despite this, I am aiming for promotion in 2 years. You likely won't be around at that point but I thought I'd let you know. Transfers and team selections? I'd like to do them. And holidays, how do you feel about those? The entitlement is decent but I expect you to work them. When can you start?
Zola, Matteo and MacKay will be kicking the doors down to get a chance at that opportunity.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:Never given a true chance?? Brian put the team out week in week out, Brian decided not to bother subbing until it was way too late week in week out, Brian's decision to play Stewart and Kebe (the much needed wingers to ping the ball up to our big guy up front) and then leave Smith on the bench, Brian's decision when we were 2 nil down at home to play Aryibi (young lad, lacking in confidence) probably shot his confidence to pieces in front of the baying crowd. Need I go on? Our best game this season was the one when Brian had been "sacked" and Gibbs was in charge. Says it all really. :bear:
Spot on BB :tup: many of our fans seem to forgot these facts !

Most spend their time creaming over what a nice man he is which is perfectly true of course, claiming he is a top manager is open to conjecture :roll: Apologies for my scepticism but i saw enough on the pitch to suggest otherwise !

I suspect when the whole new coaching team is put into place we'll see a team that can play the basics of football with the emphasis on defending....it's the Italian way :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

theleedsmango wrote:

Don't know how they get derive these odds. Anything below Carbone and Hockaday is pure nonsense.

Zola, Matteo and MacKay will be kicking the doors down to get a chance at that opportunity.
I was under the impression doesn't want a manager :duno:
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

We are in for a prolonged period of chaos as a series of complete unknowns come in and get fired after 6 months - if they are lucky.

Still, that's what people wanted.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Good luck to BMD, he tried and did bring some stability during a very chaotic time at the club.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Crude wrote:Good luck to BMD, he tried and did bring some stability during a very chaotic time at the club.

maybe that was the problem, he should have tried to bringing stability to the team....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Hockaday, like BMC, is a failed lower league manager...so should fit in a treat then
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Guildford White wrote:We are in for a prolonged period of chaos as a series of complete unknowns come in and get fired after 6 months - if they are lucky.

Haven't we been through a chaotic time over the last ten years ?
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

faaip wrote:

maybe that was the problem, he should have tried to bringing stability to the team....
I don't think playing a nearly same side every match would've helped much. We had/have some woeful players, and have to think that BMD was just trying everything to wring any skill out them as possible. I do think his tactics were questionable, but name one manager we've had since...... who's tactical choices made us all give the Spock eyebrow.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

his tactics were second rate at best, but I expected no more from a poor manager. Settle teams do perform better and contrary to popular belief the players weren't the problem ...
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

1964white wrote:
Haven't we been through a chaotic time over the last ten years ?
Compared to what is about to engulf us, assuming Cellino is true to his history, you ain't seen anything yet
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

Guildford White wrote:
Compared to what is about to engulf us, assuming Cellino is true to his history, you ain't seen anything yet

To be fair (so far) Massimo has been a lot more of a gentleman than I was expecting, ok the non sacking of BMc earlier I think was a bit of crossed wires between GFH and Cellino because I think he was only doing what he thought at the time everyone wanted and to an outsider looking in we was on a run of form from hell and according to the infamous phone call "while he had a few drinks of wine" he was sacking BMc because GFH didn't have the balls to do so. He is trying to sort the mess out left behind by GFH/Bates and even Crassner and he has been keeping him self to himself regarding all the debts and freezing of bank accounts "well a lot more than I thought he would" and sorting out BMc to leave under good terms like gentlemen as has been said I think he is coping a lot better than I think we all thought he was going to do. lets give him benefit of the doubt that's what I say.
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Egg has been scrambled?

Post by Dr.Leeds »

theleedsmango wrote:

Anything above Zola is pure nonsense too...
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

It goes from bad to worse now an non-league manager is been touted as the new coach/manager we are in the s**t no new strip at the moment,no pre-season games seem to be arranged we are been linked with players from the likes of Peterborough and the relegated Yeovil plus Morrison is back on list come Monday we should be looking at far better players than this.We have a winding up order on us the owner faces more court cases and lets face it McCormack will leave now plus Byram has stated he his having to buy his food at sub-way due to Thorpe Arch been closed.Have been in the company of my 5 friends who travel every where and at the moment none of us are going to renew our season tickets the first time in over 30years.
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Dr.Leeds wrote:Anything above Zola is pure nonsense too...
Ha, I meant nonsense as in no chance of them coming to our club. In terms of a nonsense signing, you are correct.
Guildford White wrote:We are in for a prolonged period of chaos as a series of complete unknowns come in and get fired after 6 months - if they are lucky.

What the people want, the people get. Curse your scepticism. Cellino and his coach are going to turn us into league beaters.Great defence, flowing movement, killer attacks, the lot. Moreso, he is going to do this under the same constraints as McDermott and Warnock, i.e. with no significant financial input. Watch how other clubs wither with awe as they attempt to copy what will become known as the 'Leeds stategy'... a wacky, trigger happy Italian owner and a conference league coach will become the de facto set ups at many a clubs.

We could change our team colours to red and yellow and become known as the Leeds Tulips. That's OK. Elland Road, change it to 'McDonalds Big Mac Stadium'. We need change from the bottom up. Hasn't worked in the past, won't work in the future. Marching on Together!
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings